The Scream team!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Scream team!

Ok hahah this is not an advertisement one post dont worry. I was just wondering who here has bought scream team appliances and how do they hold up..under sweat and everything. Because their Jester appliance would suit my new clown character PERFECTLY and i was wondering how well does it REALLY move with the face, and how well does it hold up for the people who sweat...a lot. Is it worth the price tag? If not do you know any prosthetics that are similar to that one that allow a lot of facial movement and can deal with being drowned in sweat?
    Thanks everybody
    -Dr. G

Theirs was my 1st foam appliance that I had purchased, almost 6-7 years ago.
    It worked well for me.
    I have since purchased from Larry here: http://www.boneyardfx.com/

He is also a member here.
    Thanks, Jeff
    www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
    www.HauntForum.com
    www.MidWestHauntersConvention.com

Comment

Which would you suggest? I would be wearing this for hours on end, im looking for durability, realistic, and can host every facial feature as i speak with my face. I have a VERY expressive face which has always been my downfall when it comes to prosthetics. They never seems to move with your face as much as the manufactorer says that they do.

Comment

I also want to know if this is worth buying. I am after the clown mask. :twisted:
        http://hauntednightmare.homestead.com/

SOMETIMES NIGHTMARES HAPPEN WHEN YOU'RE AWAKE!!!

Comment

Cackles,
          I agree with you the clown prosthetic is without a doubt kick ass. But the problem is...Heckles and Twitch. Before them, and before all the imitators at local haunts they have spawned, that prosthetic used to creep the shit out of people. Now it just hits home as a familiar face, and familiar tends to mean not so scary.
          Just sayin' i say buy one of their other prosthetics and put your own clowny spin on it. I use the Goon one, it looked great!
          -Dr. G.

Comment

You can extend the wear of any mask by
            1) using Sweat Stop over the run of the event. It will inhibit sweat because it's an active topical antiperspirant whose action will improve with repeated use. It will reduce the amount of oil in the mask which deteriorates it and will increase the durability of the application.
            2) Apply Water-Melon to the edges and blend the Water Melon with 99% alcohol instead of the edges of the appliance. You can also reestablish the edges of the Water-Melon without messing with the latex appliance edges which can't be reestablished. You will also get a blended edge and also be able to reapply it with the alcohol too.
            www.michaeldavy.com

Comment

Scream Team

I have not received a reply to my last 4 or 5 e-mails to scream team is anyone else having the same problem

Comment

Originally posted by AW View Post
                I have not received a reply to my last 4 or 5 e-mails to scream team is anyone else having the same problem
                Yes, they have had e-mail problems for quite some time I guess. I ended up messaging them on their Myspace and got a reply shortly after.

http://www.myspace.com/thescreamteam
                Zach Wiechmann
                www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Yeah, tis true. Message the myspace if you have one.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Giggles View Post
                    Cackles,
                    I agree with you the clown prosthetic is without a doubt kick ass. But the problem is...Heckles and Twitch. Before them, and before all the imitators at local haunts they have spawned, that prosthetic used to creep the shit out of people. Now it just hits home as a familiar face, and familiar tends to mean not so scary.
                    Just sayin' i say buy one of their other prosthetics and put your own clowny spin on it. I use the Goon one, it looked great!
                    -Dr. G.
                    So you have one? Then I'll ask you the same question: does it hold up well under sweat? I too sweat a lot when I wear masks, and if thats going to dissolve the makeup glue (or whatever they call it) then this will not be good for me.
                    http://hauntednightmare.homestead.com/

SOMETIMES NIGHTMARES HAPPEN WHEN YOU'RE AWAKE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CacklestheClown View Post
                      So you have one? Then I'll ask you the same question: does it hold up well under sweat? I too sweat a lot when I wear masks, and if thats going to dissolve the makeup glue (or whatever they call it) then this will not be good for me.
                      I cannot believe the amount of H&T clones I've seen out there. Its unbelievable and I can't believe people are okay with ripping someone off like that.

Comment

A guy showed up in a costume that was literally a mirror image of heckles, same prosthetic. But different color wig. I threw it away.
                        I hate when people rip off characters.

And in answer to your question Cackles, if you wan't a prosthetic buy it from them. I have yet to be dissapointed. But becareful when you are handling them before application as you might tear them. They are thin in some places depending on the prosthetic you buy.

Comment

Anybody have a phone number for these guys?
                          I ordered about a week ago and got a package the other day.
                          However it wasn't my complete order, and there were no notes or anything saying what was going on. I e-mailed and Myspaced them... No reply...
                          Zach Wiechmann
                          www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

What did you order? Because if you ordered a prosthetic, i dont think you get the make up kit as well if thats what you are missing. Dunno if that helped.
                            Il look around the site.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Giggles View Post
                              What did you order? Because if you ordered a prosthetic, i dont think you get the make up kit as well if thats what you are missing. Dunno if that helped.
                              Il look around the site.
                              I ordered two prosthetics, two wigs, and their instructional DVD. I got the prosthetics and wigs, but no DVD!
                              Also, on their site, it clearly states that if you order a prosthetic, the DVD is only 19.95.. However I was charged the full 24.95 and I didn't even receive it!
                              Complete BS!
                              Zach Wiechmann
                              www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Working...
                              X