Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for suggestions from Horror fans...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for suggestions from Horror fans...

A local theater recently played a great print of John Carpenter's THE THING and it got me thinking ... what other great, classic horror movies would you like to see on the big screen?

I'd personally love to see Suspiria on the big screen again ...
    Scott Simmons
    The ScareHouse / Undead Productions Inc.

http://www.scarehouse.com
    http://youtube.com/thescarehouse

all the movies of dario argento , very kitch and insanity gore

Comment

be sure..

to wear your yellow raincoat, even if it's not raining.

or was it red?
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

For me a few. Def. Lost Boys, Suspiria, Werewolf of London, Nightmare on Elm Street, Hellraiser and Dawn of the Dead.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
        http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
        "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
        http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

Exorcist is the best horror movie ever bar none...

Outside of that hmmm... Poltergeist, Texas Chainsaw Part II (Original part 2), Creature from the Black Lagoon, Jaws, Lady Lemora Tale of the Supernatural (hope I got all that right), The Thing, Halloween, Hellraiser II, Phantasm II, Silence of the Lambs, hmmm... I'd have to really think some more.

Larry

PS: Wolfman vs. Frank my fav!
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

The Shining, Psycho, original House on Haunted Hill (actually any Vincent Price horror flick would be great on the big screen).
            Katie Lane
            Partner/VP
            Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
            sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

hmmm, have been thinking of introducing my 13 and 10 year old to the movie Poltergeist. Freaked the hell out of me as a teen. Wonder if they could handle it? Also would love to have my 10 year old watch Salems Lot with me cause she is really into Vampires now.. That was another one taht creeped me out. Especially the scene of the boy scratching at the window.... LOL
              www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

As A Kid In The Theater...

Watching the big screen of" House on Haunted Hill" (the original one)..when the close up happened of the young woman exploring the basement wall for a secret passage her face filled half of the screen, then she came nose to nose with the blind Witch woman! Wow!
                Everyone in that movie house jumped right up in their seats! Great Stuff!
                Great moments leave lasting memories, just what we should all be aiming for in our haunts.

My Dad used to tell me about a movie that impressed him when he was a kid, probably around 1938?
                I have never been able to find any information about this movie my Dad swore was titled :"The Umbrella Man".
                A mysterious killer is only seen walking away from his recent victims, whistling as he twirls a large black umbrella to hide himself.
                Everybody in this little town saw that movie it was so compelling.
                Of course this was a perfect set up for my Dad and his friend to terrorize people that week after the movie by rapping on windows they twirling a black umbrella for them to look at!
                He said the screams were incredible! (Things were a little different back then, as far as people complaining and requesting Police action...)
                Yet, if the movie had a different title, nobody has ever said they have seen this movie or knows anything about it?
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Jim

I believe the movie you're talking about is "London by Night". Made in 1938, the killer is identified by always carrying an umbrella.

Comment

Thinking some more....

I would also like to see....

Tod Browning's Freaks

Lugosi in Dracula

Psycho

Mask of the Red Death

Amityville Horror

and

976 Evil

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
                    http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
                    "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
                    http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

EVIL DEAD!
                      Damon
                      Damon Carson

Comment

Bad movies but...

Dead Alive, Bad Taste, Rabid Grannies, House, and the first Puppetmaster (not the Donald Sutherland one, the one with the puppets.)
                        OOOHHHH YEAAAAHH!!!!
                        Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

Horror Movies...

Oh, yeah -- Vincent Price movies!!! We caught a little flick called The Cottage (oops! sorry! this is not a Vincent Price movie!) -- not bad...the end had a little unexpected twist! Has a crazed farmer story line...
                          "Enthusiasm is one of the most powerful engines of success. When you do a thing, do it with your might. Put your whole soul into it. Stamp it with your own personality. Be active, be energetic, be enthusiastic and you will accomplish your object. Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm."
                          ~Ralph Waldo Emerson~

Comment

Working...
                          X