Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A post on behalf of Kelly Allen

Hello Everyone,

I just received a call from Kelly Allen asking me to post this on his behalf. Kelly will be without power for almost a week due to power outages from the recent ice storm making its way across the Country. He has been receiving many e-mails from members of these boards, vendors and friends; he just wants everyone to know that he will definitely get to your e-mails as soon as power is restored.

Take care.

Tattoo
    Mike "Tattoo" Krausert

Senior Project Manager

Thirteenth Floor Entertainment Group

www.thirteenthfloor.com

President - Bad Boys Scenic Design

Some states in the more southern areas do not have the same number of boom trucks and line crews that the northern states have to get power restored quickly from storm damage.
    It all just kind of begins and ends right there as far as wondering "Why?"
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

We're in the same boat Tattoo. Ice causing trees and limbs to fall every few minutes, lines snapping down. They say we'll be without power for 2 weeks and Kentucky has been declared in a state of emergency due to this. Right now we're running on a generator, so we're able to cook and have running water and have some basic electricity, thankfully.

So far this storm has already done hundreds of dollars worth of damage to our property and there are heavy limbs that have fallen on our power lines and I don't know how much more the lines can take, as they seem to be sagging down more by the day.

Please pray for everyone that's been affected by this. Below is some photos I took yesterday. It's worse today and will be continuing to go downhill for a week or more. If we can't get more gas within the next few days we'll end up going to a shelter more than likely.

I'll try to get some more pictures today of the damage that happened overnight but please, pray for everyone affected by this. Even the shelters are running out of food and supplies...and it's only been one day!

Comment

UPDATE: (Wed, Day 2)

The power lines are sagging more and more. Right now they're only about 7 feet off the ground. Not sure how much more weight on them they can take before they snap. More limbs have fallen and we now have snow in addition to the ice.

Comment

I know this sucks for you guys but those photos are wicked cool, would make a great set for a haunt.
          Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Our prayers go out to all the families devistated by these storms. Good luck and pray for sunshine and warm weather. Greg
            Greg Allen
            scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
            www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

This was taken outside work yesterday. Thought we were in Narnia.

Pain is just an un-avoidable side effect

Comment

Wow that is really bad! I hope things get better and everyone has somewhere to go for warmth. That has to be horrible. My prayers are with you.
                Damon
                Damon Carson

Comment

I hope everybody is doing OK with this ice storm! I've just had my power back on, been without since Tues., one of KY's 600K+! Now I have to clean out the fridge totally and go grocery shopping!

My prayers are with those still without power!

Kelly,

Can't wait to get you back on the boards!

I freakin' hate winter! -Tyler
                  Chris Riehl
                  Sales@spookyfinder.com
                  (586)209-6935
                  www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

You're lucky Tyler. They're saying it could be 30 days before we get our power back now. Luckily we were able to get to get to Tennessee and get gas for our generator and food because no stores or gas stations around here have electricity. I hope this blows over soon. We haven't had anymore freezing rain since Wed so hopefully that's over with.

We haven't had cell service for the past few days either... so the internet has been my only means of communicataion with the outside world, since we have no long distance on our land phone.

Comment

Southern Indiana was hit as well. Waiting on a tractor now to try to get one of our vehicles out of the drive way. But hey....plenty of firewood for next winter. I just have to get my other trucks out from under them. At least the hearse was spared.
                      http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b9...%20Storm%2009/
                      http://www.theironkingdom.com

Comment

Guys Guys. This previous Christmas it snowed more then it has ever in 27 years. we got 8 feet of snow and we didnt get anywhere. Albeit that may not be a lot for some of you depending on where you live but it is definately a heck of a lot for me. It took 5 weeks for it all to melts. It took 2 weeks for us to be able to safely drive out. Where I live its about 5 minutes from the highway and 20 minutes from a heavily populated community. All of this story is building up to the point that you guys need to get two or three high power generators. The gasoline can sit for about a year before it needs to be raplaced and one of em can power a house for about a week. Two or three of those puppies could power your house comfortably for two or three weeks. That way atleast you can live civilized and stay in contact with us and family for more important matters.
                        Its A Verbal Orgy on Steroids!

Comment

Snow is not the problem... snows nothing, we have ICE... and LOTS of it! I'll take FEET of snow before an inch of ice any day! -Tyler
                          Chris Riehl
                          Sales@spookyfinder.com
                          (586)209-6935
                          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Originally posted by oakhillshaunterTHEFEAR View Post
                            Guys Guys. This previous Christmas it snowed more then it has ever in 27 years. we got 8 feet of snow and we didnt get anywhere. Albeit that may not be a lot for some of you depending on where you live but it is definately a heck of a lot for me. It took 5 weeks for it all to melts. It took 2 weeks for us to be able to safely drive out. Where I live its about 5 minutes from the highway and 20 minutes from a heavily populated community. All of this story is building up to the point that you guys need to get two or three high power generators. The gasoline can sit for about a year before it needs to be raplaced and one of em can power a house for about a week. Two or three of those puppies could power your house comfortably for two or three weeks. That way atleast you can live civilized and stay in contact with us and family for more important matters.
                            We have a high power generator and it powers up most everything in the house, albeit not everything at once but we can have lights, tv (for dvd's), laptop, running water, microwave and stove. But what you fail to mention is how much gas these things take. It goes through about 8 gallons a day. When power is out to all these places and there's nowhere to get gas, what do you do?? We had to drive to Tennessee to find gas stations that were open. Generators are only as useful as the amount of gas you have to keep them running.

Comment

I'm back! We had lines just down from the house that kept setting the trees on fire so I guess that made us a priority. As soon as the camera charges up, I'll get some pictures off of the ice storm to share. The scenery is beautiful! It's amazing that something so destructive can be so incredible to see. Our phone lines are still not working so anyone trying to call will probably get a busy signal. At any rate, I was able to finally take a nice warm shower again and man was that WONDERFUL!!!

My thoughts and prayers right now are focused on those who are struggling through this and trying stay warm and safe.

Kel
                              Last edited by Raycliff Manor; 01-30-2009, 06:24 PM.
                              sigpic
                              Kelly Allen
                              Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
                              www.RaycliffManor.com
                              www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
                              www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Working...
                              X