Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

House of horrors and haunted catacombs update...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House of horrors and haunted catacombs update...

So unfortunately I do not get around to posting on here much, but finally here I am! I had a rough start to the season as I was told in mid june that someone bought the building we had been in for 4 years and I would have to move. I had well over 65,000 sq ft of actual haunt in an 82,000 sq ft building I had to tear down in a few weeks.. this was hell!! And running my own swimming pool company in Buffalo...this was the worst time to have to move-right in the middle of pool season! I now have relocated to a new permanent location...an amazing 92,000 sq ft building! By the time we had everything moved we had a good 45 days if that to rebuild, get the building up to code, etc..... We did it though! We had a great season and had lots of great events throughout the month, one of the fun ones is my friends from the crazy heavy metal band GWAR came down and lurked around our que line areas and even scared patrons inside the haunt!! a few weeks later we had punk rock legends THE MISFITS play a concert inside The House Of Horrors for close to 2000 people.. This was a seperate price, so On top of all the fans coming for the concert we were also mobbed thats saturday night with haunted house patrons!
    Probably the craziest night I've seen in our history!

So all in all we had an AMAZING season and have already been tearing down and rebuilding most of the haunts for this season. I unfortunately didnt get as much time as I needed because of the move, but we are going to be out of control this year for sure! Lots of big things planned! Also got to visit a few haunts this year as well.... Checked Out 7 floors of hell which was awesome and Completely different than last year. It amazes me how Rodney pretty much has a TOTALLY different show every year... His corn maze this year was awesome, and the new camp nightmare was great too! Rodney and some of his crew stopped by The House OF Horrors on his way to Headless Horseman and got to check out my new place.. and then asked if I felt like checking out headless horseman with them! So I followed them out to Ulster Park, NY and we were given the royal treatment! Michael, his wife, and the whole staff were great! I had never been on a "real" (only a couple cheesy ones when I was younger)Hayride and.. HOLY COW!!!! I was amazed! We had such a great time, and the whole Headless Horseman show was awesome!! It had a bit of everything.. walk thru haunts, An amazing corn maze, and of course the hay ride!! ANyone who hasnt been there should DEFINATELY go!!! It is definately one of the top 5 haunts i've been to..GREAT JOB HEADLESS HORSEMAN!!!

I also got to check out Halloween Horror Nights in orlando again this year...it was ok, but a bit of a disapointment compared to previous years unfortunately.. It was still a blast though! So I have FINALLY updated our myspace with lots of new pics from this season, The MISFITS concert and The GWAR appearance.... so check them out!!!! I have tons of video footage, so hopefully I will get them up soon! Oh, one other thing we are working on.. we Will be Shooting HOUSE OF HORRORS THE MOVIE very soon.. you can find more info about that at:
    www.houseofhorrorsmovie.com

check out all the new pics at:
    www.myspace.com/houseofhorrors

Our website is getting a complete overhaul and a whole new look within the next few months as well!

-Tim
    Tim Bunch
    House Of Horrors And Haunted Catacombs
    www.houseofhorrorsbuffalo.com

Tim,

Did you already get a new location?

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Tim

Congratulations! I am glad it all worked well. You can sleep better at night now that you have a permnent location! Shane and its Good Luck In The Future! Shane this time.
      sigpic

Comment

It's great to hear that you had such a great season! Do you do multiple events (besides the concert) in the haunt? Like theming it for Christmas for a "Santy Claws" show? Or do you just stick to one main haunt and the concerts?
        ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
        Campbellsville, KY

Comment

Naw they'r too big to do that kiddie stuff. If you get 30 to 60 Thousand guest per year at 15 to 20 bucks a pop you never need to decorate for a year round crap like that. Besides hes successful enough to get the misfits
          THE MISFITS. Thats and actual band that people actually know about. Its not some teen band tryin to startup.
          My goal is to get Rob Zombie...
          Its A Verbal Orgy on Steroids!

Comment

I know they wouldn't do kiddie stuff, but they may do a themed haunted attraction for Christmas. Not some "Sit in santa's lap after walking through candycane forest" thing, but an actual haunted house just themed around Christmas gone bad. Plus, they could do other types of events.
            Personally, I think that if you're doing great and have a huge profit each year on one haunted attraction, why not start expanding? Having multiple haunted attractions and events could increase your profits drastically.
            ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
            Campbellsville, KY

Comment

Tim,

Glad to hear you had a great year.
              It is also great to hear the kinds of entertainment you had atr your event.
              Gwar is not only one of my favorite bands they are also one of my personal inspirations.
              Same for Misfits.
              To see a haunt be able to get this kind of entertainment is amazing.
              Looking forward to seeing you in St Louis.
              Kevin R. Alvey
              info at gore-galore.com
              www.gore-galore.com
              www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
              www.youtube.com/goregalore13
              www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

The whole, "Christmas gone bad" and "horror Santa" thing is NOT a good idea I don't care who pulls it off! Ok, one, you can be SUED for doing such a haunt.

Parents can claim that your tramautized the kid with such a GRAPHIC display of a religous holiday. That alone you just lost the case! I hate it when haunts cross the religion line... since when do haunts have to do this to be scary?

A good haunt owner would want to put the fun back into getting scared... not the all-hardcore, kickin' ass, offending people way of thinking. You know, I wouldn't even consider this type of set-up a haunt!

So maybe, it'd be best to either do the "sit on Santa's lap after the candycane forest"... or DON'T touch this theme at all.

Enough said. -Tyler
                Chris Riehl
                Sales@spookyfinder.com
                (586)209-6935
                www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I know Shane wouldn't mind sitting on Santy's Lap after a walk through the Candy Forest... HAHAHAHA.
                  Its A Verbal Orgy on Steroids!

Comment

Well, personally, I do not view Christmas as a religious holiday. In fact, I don't see any holiday as a religious day. I forgot about most denominations viewing it as a special day. I don't mean that they should do the "Santa Claws" event, I was just using it as an example for extra events they could do. I was asking if they (House of Horrors) do any other events besides the haunted houses and the concerts.
                    ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
                    Campbellsville, KY

Comment

Hey Tim!!

Glad to see your post about your Haunt. Sorry to hear about having to move your location but you took the challenge and made your Haunt even better than before. You Rock Dude!!!

See you in St Louis!

Randy

Comment

You got gwar to scare at your haunt? Dude they are freaking amazing! I love gwar!

Comment

Working...
                        X