Endless Hallway Illusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endless Hallway Illusion

How do they do it? I need to utilize this illusion in several places... I know its done with mirrors but I can't figure it out. Something illudes me and I need your help...
    Its A Verbal Orgy on Steroids!

From what I've seen....

One regular mirror is placed at the furthest end of the hallway. The other end however, has a 2-way mirror. Ever try to put two hand mirrors across from each other and attempt to see the very end of the ongoing image? You'd never see it because your own head would get between the mirrors and block the reflection. But thanks to the 2 way-mirror, that's not an issue. The see-through side of the mirror is positioned so it faces you, or rather, your patrons. Since the other side of the 2-way is a mirror, and facing the regular mirror across the hallway, an ongoing illusion is achieved and can be fully seen without one's own head getting in the way.

Since this can get expensive on larger scales, people have used alternatives. Such as Gila Privacy Mirror Film, applying it to a sheet of transparent plastic and another flat, wall surface. One to be used to see through and reflect and the other to be used as just a regular mirror. For more information on materials, you can check out these examples and how-to's on bottomless pits and endless tunnels.
    Last edited by Smiley; 01-30-2009, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Here's a link to hauntedillinois, these are instructions with diagrams for this illusion.

http://www.hauntedillinois.com/h4.php

Comment

Thanks guys for the links and the info. That helps alot and infact I actually already ordered some supplies to build one.

Comment

Thats kinda of an old school way of doing it with the florescent stripes. It works but now a days people use like light fixtures. Get like 6 or 8 gag studio skulls with the flicker bulbs. Put 2 across from each other. Then go down the hallway. And evenly space them out. Put like old pictures inbetween the space. Preferrably the same size pics. Hope this helps.
          Damon
          Damon Carson

Comment

The way to do it depends on what type of endless hallway you want. Do you want the guests to be reflected in it or not?
            ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
            Campbellsville, KY

Comment

Jon,
              you cant have you guests reflected in the hallway or the illusion is ruined.
              If they see their own reflection they know its a mirror. If they don't then they only THINK its a mirror.

Comment

I pretty much knew you didn't want the people reflected. I was just making sure though. But what you're wanting is really simple. Just get one large full sized (ceiling to floor) mirror and one full sized two-way mirror. Place the two-way mirror nearest the guests with the "see-through" side facing them. Have the mirror at the end of the room with the reflective side to the guests. Like other people have said, use certain elements in symmetry in order to make it look more realistic. It's a really simple effect. Just make sure to have a fairly thick mirror or treated plexi-glass for the two-way mirror. Knowing how people act, the dumb/disoriented ones will run into the two-way mirror and the arrogant tough-guys will try to break it.
                ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
                Campbellsville, KY

Comment

Thanks guys alot for all the ideas. In fact because of some of you I came up with a great immersed idea. I cant post the picture I drew becasue it says its too big but thanks anyways guys.

Comment

If you don't mind me asking, what idea did you come up with?
                    ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
                    Campbellsville, KY

Comment

Working...
                    X