Recession

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recession

Well most of us now know that Sally Corp had to lay off half of their employees due to the recession.
    The big issue at question is.
    Is any other business experiencing trouble because the economy issue right now and if so how are you dealing with it? If your not dealing with it is there anyone you think could help?
    Its A Verbal Orgy on Steroids!

Look at "History"

The Great Depression of 1929.
    In this small town everyone had a garden behind their house, they chopped alot of firewood and had stoves and furnaces to consume it.
    My grandfather was self-employed worked from sun up to sun down and made $300 a year, a new car cost $800 or more and only adults were allowed in the show room since kids had no money nor influence when it came to large purchases. Everyone needed to have 2/3 down payment in cash.
    A talented car mechanic made from $10 to $15 a week..sometimes, many did their own work .
    Every family had Grandparents living with them, there were no such things as nursing homes, nobody could have paid to keep someone in one if there were.
    The few people who had hung on to a quanity of their money when the banks closed were scared too and keep right on hanging on to it, not spending it lavishly or foolishly.
    Many took baths once a week, on Saturday night when some social events were planed, the girls in the family used the bath water first, the boys used after they were done with it, since much water was pumped up out of a well by hand and the heat for that bathwater came from putting kettles on the wood stove and carrying then to the bathtub, carefull don't burn yourself!

Then came World War Two.
    Millions of our country's young men put into uniform, women suddenly were factory workers building planes and ammunition, working long hours, making more money than they had ever seen before.
    My Grandmother worked inspecting egg-like crates full of hand grenades for missing pins!
    If a pin was missing she was supposed to pick it out , turn and throw it over a concrete wall behind her!
    Almost everyone working in the TNT department saw their hair turn red, as did hers.
    (could this have been a symptom of being poisoned by the chemicals?)

Things run in 80 year cycles , after 80 years the people who experienced something first-hand are no longer in political or economic power and everyone else just wants the easy, good life with very little work for it and not making any hard choices.
    I am surprised everything in this country hung together as well and as long as it did what with my generation (WW2 Baby-Boomers) all seemingly so engrossed in the pursuit of brain candy and the it's following tintillations..and often very little else.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Hahahaha. Jim I never know how to reply.
      So Ill say this.
      My firm has liabilities of approximately US 50 billion questions....
      See how long it takes someone to crack that one.

Comment

How about...

Giving me a 10 million bonus points for a nice raise for doing such good work?
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Yahoo News

Six Flags might be going out of business.
          Enough said.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Six Flags has been going out of business LONG before this recession! They have some very poor business decisions to thank for that! -Tyler
            Chris Riehl
            Sales@spookyfinder.com
            (586)209-6935
            www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I've been waiting a long time for recess.
              sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

But nobody can have any fun at recess with no toys or candy and there are only so many spots for us boys to stand under the slide ladder to look up the girl's dresses!
                Life is tough, maybe our expectations were too high? Food EVERY day? Come on! Get "Real".
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

HAHAHAHA... No the eating everyday wasn't the exagerated expectation it was keeping clothes on everday and having to take a shower and brush our teeth every day that was too much. We little kids tried to save money! Vincent This Time!

Comment

recession proof?

I am new to the HHA and the industry in general. I do believe that there are always going to be people that will come to our attractions, but do we really believe we aren't going to take a hit at the box office? I would like to see that. We are planning for the worst, and anything more is a bonus!
                    Patrick Barberry
                    www.legendsofthefog.com
                    sigpic

Comment

Our haunt business is up from last year. A bad economy seems to drive people to seek escape, especially students, who are only young once and don't plan to wait till middle age or retirement to enjoy their youth. The Feds printing $600 billion to pay off debts will only hurt the economy (which is why they waited to do it until after the election) but things are bound to improve eventually. It's just going to take five or ten years for the giant inventory of house foreclosures to be sold and for things to turn around. Let's hope Washington doesn't add to many trillion in debt between now and then. Printing money to pay the bills never works in the long run.
                      www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

At $3.00 a gallon, nobody will be driving as much to see anything.
                        Our income remains steady but the expenses keep climbing. Just a few hours ago I was at our local grocery store. The prices have been really jacked-up since just a few days ago, 50cents or more , pushing the price of a single item into the next upper dollar area.
                        time to give up eating..I'll just snack now.
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

As required by state law

Everyone of our employees had to have criminal backround checks to be able to work for us.
                          The fee was $16.00 each..unless there was some confusion or problem like a criminal used your name or part of your name to commit a crime with..or..or..? Then the fee doubles.
                          So now as we look back over the season we spent hundreds of dollars doing these backround checks and many of these potentual employees only worked for us for one night or none-night and were never to be heard from or seen again!
                          You try and try to only wear good pants when taking your money to the bank so half of it doesn't fall out a hole in the pocket............................................ ...
                          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Next year will be worse

Inflation is coming hard and its not going to get any better anytime soon.Has anybody thought about doing more thru the year like a scary christmas,bloody valintines day or midsummer night scream to keep the money coming in?Entertainment will always make money like you said the escape sheep like to be entertained keeps their minds off reality.
                            Destiny comes to those who listen...... Fate finds the rest.

Comment

Gloom & Doom-Things Have Changed.

The richest owners of this country once needed the rest of us to build the products they were trying to sell. Not anymore. Jobs got sent across oceans taking away restrictions on local pollution (but it then circles the planet)
                              They used to need our young people to fill out their armed services. Not many needed anymore. Technology fills in patrolling everything with computer efficientcy, forgetting nothing.
                              And who are the richest, controlling people now? Seems like the ones who manufacture..nothing. Just manipulate piles of money and put alot of it in their pocket, making no jobs for anyone.
                              Last year the top 25 Hedge Fund managers made 25 BILLION DOLLARS!
                              As greed knows No Bounds and the little "we" become less and less necesarry gated communitys hire private armys with cameras and satellites to watch for trouble from the starving huddled masses shoved into camps built in garbage dumps and swamps..what will come next?
                              Guess.
                              Scared yet?
                              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                              X