Maze Design For Newbies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maze Design For Newbies

Check this website out. It designs mazes for you if you don't know how to.

http://hauntblueprints.webs.com/
    Its A Verbal Orgy on Steroids!

Kind of a joke. A static site with no graphics on a free host and a gmail account. Nothing to build cofidence there. Oh I forgot the scans of a floor plan of a medical building and hotel. No haunted mazes there. Please
    Randy Russom

www.midstatescare.com
    Mid State Scare - San Luis Obispo and Santa Maria's favorite Haunted House
    2013 - Hmmm, we shall see what gets conjured up

Comment

Yeah thats true. It does look kind of hokey. But the guy said he didnt scan those. He drew out those plans for an actual hotel and hospital. He doesnt have any halloween mazes to put in his portfolio yet.

Comment

I sent this guy an email to see if he could send any work samples. Why would he post two generic floor plans of a hospital and hotel with no text or anything on them? And those prices are unbelievably low, more power to him if he thinks that would even be worth his time.
        Nate Mitchell|creative consultant
        [n8 creative studios]

Comment

Is there really a market for this? Im an architect and have some rather complete story driven themed designs, but I kind of assumed most people enjoyed the design part an would not pay for it unless you were stepping up to the big $$$
          Randy Russom

www.midstatescare.com

Comment

I think the fun part is the painting, decorating, and setting up all the props... general staging the haunt. I kinda don't like the "design" part because I:

- Don't know if i'm doing it right or effiecently
            - I think I try to "over complicate" the whole thing?
            - Plus, I don't know all the "ends-and-outs" or the "tricks-of-the-trade"... along with NO source of learning!

Ugh... I don't know! -Tyler
            Chris Riehl
            Sales@spookyfinder.com
            (586)209-6935
            www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I'm with russom(I know i didn't spell it right). I enjoy the design part. I was an architect for three years so I actually design my own haunts.
              There probably is a market for this. I mean look how many newbies on these forums(not excluding me) that ask all of the technical questions on how to setup a haunt. tchaunt ask that 15 page thread on all of that information. This guy is providing a way for the new guys a way to collect all of that research in one shot. So it kinda makes sense but hey whatever.

Comment

Oak -
                You got the name right, but Randy works better. I would love to sell this product. Hell these days I would love to sell anything.

R
                Randy Russom

www.midstatescare.com

Comment

I'll take that as a compliment FEAR.
                  You weren't joking when you said you were gonig to try to catch up to me in post numbers. You're already almost there.

I checked out the website and I don't think it is really legit...or at least worth it.
                  I, personally, do not see how someone whose primary job is to design basic buildings (not related to entertainment) would have enough knowledge to offer the "Eye gauge" and "Curb stomp" packages listed on the site. Plus, if he is willing to work that cheap, how much quality can you expect from the work? I mean....would you expect more out of a $150,000 house or a $65,000 house? I don't know about other people, but I personally associate lower prices with either less publicity or a lower quality.
                  That's just my two cents.
                  ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
                  Campbellsville, KY

Comment

You know at first I would agree with you. But tc wouldn't you be happier if all of the props in this industry, animatronics, makeup, LAND. Was as scaled down in prices as this place. Granted the site looks well we know what the site looks like but you know this guy emailed me back and made a good arguement as to why its low prices. So hes got my vote, i dont need him, but hes got my vote.

Totally off topic question. Do you guys know how to create a poll on the threads?

Comment

Architect

How could you have been an architect for 3 years if you are only 18? Just courious? I thought one needed a degree for that?
                      http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

Well your right. You know how some geniuses are self proclaimed. Well I'm a self proclaimed architect. I designed my home, my fathers house, and the pool house for a neighbor. I'm pretty good at it. NO I'm really good at it. The only thing is I don't have all of the codes memorized so somethings are always having to be altered to be up to code.

Comment

Good deal

Well, I know how you feel. I designed my home also. In fact I did most of the construction. How great that you are doing things such as this at such a young age. If I could only go back, of course knowing what I know now. My son just turned 19 and has joing the Marine Corps and as far as I know does not have a clue what he wants to do with his life other than being a Marine for 4 years. My only hope is he does not get set to Iraq. Good grief, I am getting to personal here. Well, keep up the good work and it will pay off when it is all said and done.
                          http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

Thankyou very much. And thank your son for his incredible services to this country. I wish him well and I know for a fact he is going to come home safe.

Comment

So this is how I'm getting all my traffic. Well thanks everyone for discussing my website. I understand the way you guys feel about the quality of my website but I'm working on that. So any questions you guys have feel free to ask anytime.

Comment

Working...
                              X