No announcement yet.

Maze Design For Newbies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I said architect, I meant a 5 year professional degree, 3 years of apprenticeship 3 days of written and oral exams and 18 years experience.
    Randy Russom

www.midstatescare.com
    Mid State Scare - San Luis Obispo and Santa Maria's favorite Haunted House
    2013 - Hmmm, we shall see what gets conjured up

Comment

We cant all be as good as you randy. Besides all that means is that if I need any designing done theres only one person on these forums better than me. So your the only one get my business.
      Its A Verbal Orgy on Steroids!

Comment

Believe me, I would be in heaven if the prices on everything in the haunt industry dropped. But I wouldn't be expecting as high a quality from anything if they did. I'm not saying that this site can't be legit, but I'm saying that it does seem a little...different...at first. I don't know how to explain it, but that's how I feel about it. But, if someone is willing to join the boards for that site, I'm sure it is legit...at least to a large extent.
        ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
        Campbellsville, KY

Comment

Hey Oak, I had to read that twice. At first I took it as a shot at me. Unfortunately, education or even a license has nothing to do with quality design, but they are some of the marks of professionalism. The road to being an architect is a long hard one and state laws restrict the use of the world because it does indicate a certain skill level. nuff said
          Randy Russom

www.midstatescare.com

Comment

I got an email response from the guy on that website and he sent me some samples, basically what you see on his site other than the fact that he redlined the hospital drawing to show where the maze would go...Im not dis-counting his ability, it just amazes me that he can offer haunt designs for such low prices. I am a designer myself (NOT an architect...though I do have a civil engineering degree) and it takes many hours to develop a haunt design into working drawings. Im not trying to bash this guy in any way, actually I hope he can find some work in these troubled times.
            Nate Mitchell|creative consultant
            [n8 creative studios]

Comment

guys it was a fake. I made that thing up as an experiement. Anyways Randy Im not trying to put you down at all. If thats how it sounds I appologize. The fact is I could never do what you can do. You have precision skill I have ideas that I put on paper then have a professional like you make it plausible. So don't worry your hard work isn't underappreciated by me.

This whole website was an experiment. I wanted to see how you guys reacted to first someone who tried to offer these services with a free website. You guys reacte exactly how I thought. Secondly how you guys reacted witht he low prices. That supprised me. You guys can check larry's thread for my post on The Economy issue. Sorry about not telling you guys but hey I got some interesting info for my own haunt.

Thanks guys.

Oh PS to icandraw. That scan is just a scan of what I've been working on for about three weeks. I have been turning that hospital into a real haunt. I have lots of questions for Randy because I've been running into some problems. Do I have to make it wheel chair accessible. because thats ALOT of ramp to go up 6 feet.
              Its A Verbal Orgy on Steroids!

Comment

I assume this "test" was just to see what type of website you can get by with while looking professional? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also......you created a spam account: An account that is made without the intent to use it for the forums. Hm. Oh well. It's not too serious, but I would contact Larry about deleting it. It takes up space where legit users could join.
                ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
                Campbellsville, KY

Comment

Oak -

PM me and I will try to help you out. Is your haunt a permanent install or temporary use?
                  Randy Russom

www.midstatescare.com

Comment

Oak -

If you are in an existing structure ALL accessibility requirments will apply, ramps, handrails, hall widths, etc.
                    Randy Russom

www.midstatescare.com

Comment

I have searched for an answer to this question with no luck finding my answer. I am working with my town to open a haunted house. I have purchased a haunt,,,,added many things...found a building that the town approves of..... I have been working on this for 4 years and now ready to pull the trigger this year......now the town wants architectural drawings..... This is not inexpensive...... anyone have any ideas on a way not to sell my first born to get this done??

Comment

Working...
                      X