So, Tell me Jolly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, Tell me Jolly?

What haunted attractions have you been to and what did you like or dislike about them?

How would you have done things differently?

Have you wanted to own or act in a haunted attraction?

Are you an avid fan of haunted attractions?

Do you know others is your area that are involved in a haunted attraction?

Do you have an opinion on what haunted house should become in the future? Or do the old standard black walls and mazes seem to be keeping their own in today's market?

Do you have any ORIGIONAL prop ideas?

Please intoduce youself and explain a bit about your experiences. Everyone else here has, some nearly a decade ago but one by one everyone has come to know everyone.

What do you think about Haunted Houses?

What Haunted house how to books or DVD would you like to offer a review of?

What Haunted House conventions have you attended? Transworld, Mid west haunters, HauntCon, Death fest? What did you like there?

Have you attended any seminars for acting or operating a haunted house? How did that go?

Have you mastered mask making? Mold making? Sculpting? Animatronic props? Lifecasting? Scene design? Detailing treatments for your haunt? Mastered the airbrush? Operate a costume store? Laid out a floor pattern for a haunted attraction or a single scene? How is that all going?

As a security guard do you have any tips on keeping your props secure or how to handle large groups of people?

Have you read all the magazines out?

Have you bought any of the instructional materials for haunted house?

Have you formed any lasting relationships with other haunters that we would know?

What inspired you to think Halloween was a special time of year and that Haunted Attractions are perhaps the best way to celebrate?

Are haunted houses best if inspired from horror movies or do origional characters offer a more memorable customer experience.

There are quite a few normal topics of conversation pertaining to this forum. Do any of them click a responce to you? There are over 2000 members here waiting to embrace your wisdom.

Operators are standing by.
    sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Re: So, Tell me Jolly?

[quote="Greg Chrise"]What haunted attractions have you been to and what did you like or dislike about them? No, never been there before. But I've been to few haunted houses, an haunted forest, an haunted hayride and an haunted mansion. I forgot to add one more... A haunted graveyard. That's it.

How would you have done things differently? What should I have done things? What do you mean?

Have you wanted to own or act in a haunted attraction? No, never. But I own my props for my own yardhaunt every year in October.

Are you an avid fan of haunted attractions? Fan of haunted attractions? No, not really.

Do you know others is your area that are involved in a haunted attraction? Yes, there's a haunted forest in Chesapeake and haunted manison in Virginia Beach. Haunted Graveyard is in NC.

Do you have an opinion on what haunted house should become in the future? Or do the old standard black walls and mazes seem to be keeping their own in today's market? I have no idea and I have no way of answering this.

Do you have any ORIGIONAL prop ideas? Yes, I have some props that I brought. And also, some are made by myself. As always on every year, I love to buy different types of props.

Please intoduce youself and explain a bit about your experiences. Everyone else here has, some nearly a decade ago but one by one everyone has come to know everyone.

Why should I have to introduce myself and explain about my experiences? Well, My name is Chris and I've been doing the haunting nearly 6 years from now. I am still doing it then... I love to decorate my own home as the haunt house, as well as yardhaunt, you know, for the graveyard style nearby the porch while TOTs are coming out. My grandpa, uncle, and me love to make some wooden coffins, tombstones, crosses, stakes, etc.. Almost everything that are made from woods. We do the paint jobs!

What do you think about Haunted Houses? Yeah, I really love them! They're so awesome! I love to be scared! LOL

What Haunted house how to books or DVD would you like to offer a review of? Never tried both of them.

What Haunted House conventions have you attended? Transworld, Mid west haunters, HauntCon, Death fest? What did you like there? Sorry, never been there anywhere that is the farest from my hometown.

Have you attended any seminars for acting or operating a haunted house? How did that go? Nope. I wish that I would be the actor or the security guard for the haunted community.

Have you mastered mask making? Mold making? Sculpting? Animatronic props? Lifecasting? Scene design? Detailing treatments for your haunt? Mastered the airbrush? Operate a costume store? Laid out a floor pattern for a haunted attraction or a single scene? How is that all going? I am only the marketer of Alarming Products Co. that sells masks and props only, not quite many costumes they have in. Nothing else that we do make because the company only orders everything from The Magic Paper Group, Inc which is based in PA. Some are from NV.

As a security guard do you have any tips on keeping your props secure or how to handle large groups of people? Do you mean my job or what? I work at Naval Base at the Commissionary area doing check-route, watch camera tvs, walk around the rooms and outside to ensure nothing is happening. I carry badge and a gun, also handicuffs and pepper spray.

Have you read all the magazines out? Which magazines are you talking about? I love FANGORIA!

Have you bought any of the instructional materials for haunted house? Yes, only a few of them. They're old, but good!

Have you formed any lasting relationships with other haunters that we would know? Not understand what you were talking about? Can you please explain about this?

What inspired you to think Halloween was a special time of year and that Haunted Attractions are perhaps the best way to celebrate? Just to scary the hell out of people! LOL Well, don't know what to say.

Are haunted houses best if inspired from horror movies or do origional characters offer a more memorable customer experience. Well, not sure. Some would be happened.

There are quite a few normal topics of conversation pertaining to this forum. Do any of them click a responce to you? There are over 2000 members here waiting to embrace your wisdom.

Operators are standing by.[/quote

Comment

....is that serious?
      - - Luke - -

Comment

I'm afraid it is serious.

Jolly, thank you sir for answering the survey we put out from time to time and the routine questions we pose to each other on this forum. Thank you for honestly answering these. I did not expect you would.

I have only two more questions, really only one more question and a suggestion.

1) If you have not already, take a look in the Hauntworld Haunted House Photo section under Transworld to see the kind of props they offer there.

2) Might I know how old you are? I am 48. I'm guessing you to be 23?
        sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Greg, why would you or anybody else care what Jolly thinks? Sure he can be annoying and a bit childish, but that just makes me care less of what he thinks about any of it.
          Heartstoppers
          Haunted House

Sacramento, CA

www.scaredyou.com

www.fb.com/heartstoppers
          www.twitter.com/heartstoppershh

Comment

[quote="Greg Chrise"]I'm afraid it is serious.

Jolly, thank you sir for answering the survey we put out from time to time and the routine questions we pose to each other on this forum. Thank you for honestly answering these. I did not expect you would.

I have only two more questions, really only one more question and a suggestion.

1) If you have not already, take a look in the Hauntworld Haunted House Photo section under Transworld to see the kind of props they offer there. What is the website for that? So I can take a look at them.

2) Might I know how old you are? I am 48. I'm guessing you to be 23? Ok, to answer your question about my age. I'm 31. And also, I forgot to tell you something else. I am also hard of hearing impaired, I lost my hearings since I was 2-1/2 years old from German measles.

Comment

Jolly, you definetly know Horror movies and thats how my love for this stuff came about. Gosh, do I remember the night when the original Halloween came on HBO back in 1978? Too scared to walk home afterwards!!!! Most everyone got into this because of horror movies or past memories that blew you away of a haunted house. Dont let em bust your chops on here.
              ALBANYFRIGHTNIGHTS.COM-THE WEBSITE OF THE SCARIEST SHOW IN SOUTH GEORGIA!!!!

Comment

Well, Cluster One, and all:

I needed to figure out a way to understand what Jolly is about. Rather than just bickering as has been done violently on half a dozen other forums with other people, we have just learned one important thing. The entire time I have been sparring with Jolly I have been getting PMs about how infuriated others have become to the extent that they tracked down as much personal information as possible in an attempt to somehow control or quell his more ruthless attacks. It seems if anyone disagrees with his posts in the slightest it becomes a personal fight and this has occured over yet half a dozen forums.

I know the information to be true above because it had all been figured out before by a number of people. We have full names, addresses, phone numbers, posting histories but, it all comes down to Jolly being the only one qualified to handle this special task.

It seems the true answer might be his disability that makes it difficult for most to take the time to see what and why he is saying certain things. It makes it difficult for him to express himself and so the only way to date he has, has been through offering pictures to everyone to enjoy. No one knew about this disability and no prior introductions or explainations have ever been offered on any board any where. I also had one PM telling me to leave him alone and give him a break very early on. Somehow they knew something.

But as far as the Hauntworld Fright Forum, there are a few things that are different. Some time ago Larry created this proffesional board and few of us embrassed that and stuck with the Fright Forum which was the older format and was a registered user format.

Unfortunately the very first question above deals with ever wanting to own operate or be an actor in a haunted house and Jolly has said he had no interest in this. He just enjoys attending haunted attractions. And so here is the real miss match. We have people wanting to be or already are heavily involved in some manner with the subject of haunted houses and some that cold care less beyond attending one every once in a while.

For the most part in the past, even people that did not have a haunt or had yet to act in a haunt certainly were here and curious asking questions as they might want to. As apposed to they could care less.

We have a wide range of artists and owners and actors here and certainly over the last 3 to 4 years we have watched several go from nothing to now successful events. This has been the overlying conciousness of this forum even to the degree of supporting people in family loss and the addition of new family members.

I suggested Jolly look at the Transworld photos to subtly let him see that products such as those sold by Alarming Products and the Magic Paper group are also not a match to what is being aspired to on this forum.

For example on this Forum seeing something that Dan Faupel made in his studio in a photo link is very worthy this forum. Seeing a strofoam wig head with cloth over it glowing under black light or blow mold skeletons in my opinion are not.

Just by level of interest it is likely that cutomers will not spend much time on the fright forum because in their lives, they could care less generally and just might go to one or two in their young lives. Jolly however has another agenda and that is trying to figure out how to become a "webmaster" and our forum is being used as a guinea pig. He has thought that any picture, any topic about horror or any reference to anything Halloween put on here would make people take notice and go to one of his links and give him some kind of credit. Two things are wrong with this:

Horror links and Home Haunt level topics on the Fright Forum amount to SPAM as they are things pretty much all 2000 members somehow advanced past decades ago. Everyone is aspiring to better their make up, their set design or scare factor and not necessarily on no budget like an impromptu halloween party.

The second thing is that these days the line of products sold by small companies like Alarming products do have a market. This market infact can be seen being sold to the general public these days at Walmart. I have always thought this forum was all about not just buying things off of a shelf and put it in the haunted house. A customer will walk in and say "Hey, my brother Jimmy has that same mask!" Well, that is pretty scary.

Over the years, because of Magic Paper group becomeing so successful, selling at Walmart, Card and Party Warehouse, Spirit Halloween and many others enmass, I'm not sure who or how much Alarming products is able to sell on line at even higher prices. Alas they once had a grand catalog and I once thought I would sign up as an associate but, where are ya gonna sell? Well, if you are not a retailer and involved heavily in haunted houses, it ain't gonna be to other haunted houses so it would be a distraction to what building a haunted house is all about.

Even if your haunted house had a mask store out front it might only be 1% return compared to the haunt tickets and quite the amount of investment to actually have the masks in inventory for an impulse buy. Maybe if you were authorized you could put up a banner and 2 people out of the crowd of haunted house customers might check out the website. Overall a lot of work and no return. Especially when the core business here is intended to be about a haunted house.

So this too on this forum is SPAM. It might have an aplication on a Home Haunter's or general Halloween site but, not on a site that is supposed to be devoted to building the skills and knowledge all to do with the business of a haunted house.

So why can't I just leave things alone? It is very simple every store, restaurant or retail establishment has a little room that says employees only to go discuss things away from customers. The Fright Forum should be our employees area, even if at times we are a bit goofy. I have no intention of running for public office or Miss America and frankly don't expect that if I met everyone at Transworld I would be congradulated on being a top qulaity A$$hole. I love everyone but, with so many hours we have all invested in this forum and our relationships, there is a bigger picture.

The Fright Forum out of all forums out there has been where we all settled and been allowed to flourish. All the others suck and are moderated by wanna be school teachers and frankly someone in a hauntd house has figured out a way to explore situations of lack of control and exhibit these to cutomers to freak them out. So everyone here is both sweet as well as psychotic.

In Summation.

I'm sorry to learn that the true reason Jolly does not communicate is because of a legitimate disabilty. But, the Forum in my mind had always been an internet version of that "Employees Only"room for people that have a specific interest in Haunted House.

It is not the place for a continuous barrage of Horror Movie links, Paper Magic masks, and blow mold skeletons. There is a difference between having or wanting to have a haunted house and celebrating Halloween with a yard display. One is a homeowner activity and one is a business. There is absolutely nothing wrong with homeowners seeing or wanting to know how the better stuff is done but, It doesn't go the other way due to the difference in experience I would think.

I'm hoping somehow Jolly understands what I am saying. This is not the place to do the kind of things he is doing trying to be popular or trying to build an internet business or what ever it is he is trying to achieve. I wish him luck and hope he develops his mannerisms and finds that place where these links and products actually do sell but it is not here. This amounts to emailing the circus about 99 cent clown noses.

I'm not in charge by any means as some other young people have attacked me as well. Larry Kirchner and probably a long list of forum members probably think I'm a worthless loser, probably at times I too am a distraction from the main core of thought. I do own a seasonal haunted house. It is a 3000 SF traingular grid rotting black plywood habitrail that raises a lot of money for the local community. It isn't the Darkness or Netherworld and I spent many years learning how to make even that become a reality and this particular forum was the best resource to do that.

If I want to see a styrofoam wig head I will go into my shop. I do not need to see a picture from somewhere on the internet of someone else's styrofoam wig head in Florida from a guy playing with his computer in Norfolk Virginia. Somehow this is way too retarded for me to comprehend. Maybe I'm really screwed up and need therapy and because Jim Warfield or probably really his cat have been my therapist I'm REALLY screwed up now. Somehow I would like to see the SPAM and the support of retarded topics stop here. It is a haunted house forum that has been traditionally for those with a major intrest in participation in some aspect of a haunted house.

I don't think this is the place for links or random posts trying to get me to check out Alarming Products over and over or Top 100 Horror Sites over and over. If I wanted to see home haunt displays I would go on the intenet myself and find the stuff. Further I would not copy the information or picture and post it on a proffesional haunted house employee site and say what do you think of my thing. The imediate reaction wether voiced or not is that it is just not up to the standard we are looking for here.

As far as Horror and Home Haunts? Other forums have been provided below and I do not have much intrest in them but they are there.

Jolly do you see my point?
                sigpic

Comment

Jolly,

In your first reply to Greg, one of your first answers was:

"Are you an avid fan of haunted attractions? Fan of haunted attractions? No, not really.

BUT THEN

you go on to say:

"What do you think about Haunted Houses? Yeah, I really love them! They're so awesome! I love to be scared! LOL "

You contradicted yourself right there. First you say you're not a fan of haunts, then you say that you love haunts and they're awesome. So which is it???????

Comment

Very insightful there, Greg. At least now we have an understanding of why and how to help there.

I tip my hat.
                    The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by hsmag
                      Jolly,

In your first reply to Greg, one of your first answers was:

"Are you an avid fan of haunted attractions? Fan of haunted attractions? No, not really.

BUT THEN

you go on to say:

"What do you think about Haunted Houses? Yeah, I really love them! They're so awesome! I love to be scared! LOL "

You contradicted yourself right there. First you say you're not a fan of haunts, then you say that you love haunts and they're awesome. So which is it???????

To tell you that I've been there to the haunted houses, haunted forests, an haunted hayride, an haunted mansion and an haunted graveyard which was located in NC. As you know, I am NOT really a fan of any haunted attractions, either. And also, I never have been there at TransWorld, or any other haunted shows like that. I wish I would go, but I don't know if there is a big haunt show up here in VA? Well, if anyone knows about it, please post it here because I would love to see if there is an haunt attraction here in VA? I believe I've heard somewhere in Richmond, VA. I really dunno.

Comment

http://www.hauntedhouseonline.com/find_haunts.cfm

This will help in finding Virgina haunted houses, enter zip and distance from your zip code.

Larry has eVERYTHING on here. Yowza!
                        The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Working...
                        X