Highschool Schedule Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highschool Schedule Problems

I am going to have to start choosing all of my classes for high school within the next grading term. As you all probably know, I really want to get financially involved in the haunted attraction industry. So, I was wondering, in order to be the best I can be in this field by the time I graduate, what classes/courses should I try to take?
    ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
    Campbellsville, KY

I have a college daughter and a Jr in high school and around here good options are . .

stage craft, robotics, economics (both marco and mirco), a young entrepreneurs program
    Randy Russom

www.midstatescare.com
    Mid State Scare - San Luis Obispo and Santa Maria's favorite Haunted House
    2013 - Hmmm, we shall see what gets conjured up

Comment

Originally posted by rwrussom View Post
      I have a college daughter and a Jr in high school and around here good options are . .

stage craft, robotics, economics (both marco and mirco), a young entrepreneurs program
      definately agree, definately some business courses and economics (then you'll be guarenteed a decent job even if the haunt industry doesnt work lol)

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys!
        Basically, I need to get into electric and business?
        ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
        Campbellsville, KY

Comment

Def. get involved with the drama program... you could learn lighting, sound, set design/construction, etc. etc. -Tyler
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Business helped me the most, then Drama, then Art.
            *edit* and shop, forgot that one.

Comment

I am a high school teacher, let me offer up some suggestions. Many schools are offering web designing type classes, take a business class or two, drama class/club for sure (you don't have to act, we have kids that do lighting, sound, set design, costumes, etc.. and they never act in anything), as you get to be a jr./sr. find an off campus coop class where you work with and shadow a business person, maybe a photography class also if you can squeeze it in. Good luck!!

Comment

One way to think about this is to consider what things would be most difficult to pick up on your own. For example, my school offered a web design class, which basically would have given me some of the basics that I wouldn't have had to have paid someone for later. Shop class is another example, where even just becoming familiar with various machines will make it worth while.

Also, assuming your planning to go to college afterwards, consider what you might want to study then. If your thinking business, then definitely load up on math's now (yeah not so much fun now but it will pay off when you take a look at that transcript down the road). If your thinking stagecraft, then get involved with the drama department.

good luck!
                Mike Quill
                Fear Town Haunted House

Comment

Well, I don't have to worry about the web design class. I've already tough myself enough. I actually have a website for my future haunt. Here's the link

I have already started teaching myself macabre make-up. I've attached the picture of my first attempt at horror make-up.

I am almost definitely going to be (at least) involved with the Drama club--maybe not a full fledged member.

I was thinking about the electric class at my school's vocational school my Junior and Senior year and taking Wood Shop or Tools/Engineering my Senior year.

Thanks for all the replies. I really appreciate all of the advice.
                  Attached Files
                  ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
                  Campbellsville, KY

Comment

High school, drama and shop class could not hurt.
                    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Working...
                    X