X-Box 360 live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-Box 360 live

Does anyone do the xbox live? My wife was thinking about doing it to play that Left for Dead game but I wasn't sure getting it is worth it. Does anyone ever play on there?
    Jared Layman

Yes, actually. I've played the game both online and off (AsylumSmiley000 is my account name if you're curious). Single player, although somewhat short, is a fun round. But what makes the game truly last is the online experience, where people get to play as both the survivors and the undead. Since the game is based heavily on teamwork with the other players, and trust me this is needed in order to survive and win, some people might be put off by it. In that maybe they don't want other players to get on their case if they somehow screw up. But single player supplies an excellent place to get accustomed to how the game works, knowing the layout of levels, so on and so forth. If you're good at single player, you'll do fine on online play. There is one thing I must bring up though, and that's the behavior of other players via the 360 headset. Oddly enough, it's like interacting with people in haunts now that I think of it. Most people are well mannered enough to not stir up trouble. But every once in a while someone will hop in the online play and just be a complete jerk. Constant swearing, boasting of how good they are, and you can just imagine the vile things that can be said to women during these chats. You can turn the headset off, but then again that also diminishes the effectiveness of the teamwork I mentioned. But these jerks are few and I myself never heard any sexual/sexist talk when a female was on the same team as I. One more thing to mention, there are instances where other players will ask if you have a headset. Keep in mind, there are no other means of player communication besides this piece of equipment. It is very likely that players will boot you out of the online game if you do not have one. Again going back to the importance of teamwork. Even with the cons, the online play is very enjoyable and can make one forget the negatives completely. Speaking of negatives, I never really addressed why this game is truly worth playing did I? Well, there's a good reason for that. I don't know where to begin. There are so many things I dig about Left 4 Dead that it'd be impossible for me to sum it up. Fortunately, there's a video review on gametrailers.com that explains the whole sha-bang; and does it better than I ever could.

If you do choose to experience Left 4 Dead, I recommend the safe approach. Buy a 1 month subscription to Xbox Live ($8) and rent the game first. Sorta my personal policy on any game. Those $60 Xbox games aren't always a guarantee blast for anyone.
    Last edited by Smiley; 02-05-2009, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Xbox name: TAeightR

New Left for dead content coming soon!
      Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

We actually own left for dead and wanted to get online with it. Only a few of my games have online content but that one seemed like it would be a blast.
        Jared Layman

Comment

And it is. Personally speaking, getting to play as the infected is the best part of the game. The feeling of accomplishment you get when you and your teammates gang up on the survivors and utterly cripple them is fantastic. Even when it's just dents your making in their progress, it still gives you a sense of achievement. Whether it's dragging survivors over to a witch as the Smoker or out right knocking them off buildings as the Tank, it's all good fun.

Playing your role as one of the Survivors can be fun too, don't get me wrong. Fighting zombies that have an actual intelligence to hide, hit n' run, coordinate, and use the environment against you is something to experience.
          Last edited by Smiley; 02-06-2009, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X