I've Finally Had Enough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve,

First off I was saying your haunted house is just fun and games... I was saying IF your haunted house is for fun and games, or in other words if you didn't care if it made money or not. I hope that clears it up for you.

Secondly, trading links, trading flyers, and all that are great ideas and should be done between haunts, especially if they're in a situation where they're trying to grow the market, or if both are new, or if you're in a market where its very expensive to advertise. Many good things can come from something like that...however I think you missed my point all together.

I'm saying if you're THE established place in TOWN, and someone wants to feed off your success you're just not going to do something dumb like that. Do you think some city landmark eatery is going to promote some new joint that just opened down the street. Do you think MSN is going to say hey we know you're here to use our search engine, but why don't you go to googles instead maybe you'd find better results.

There is a difference if you have THE established haunt in your town, and promoting someone elses haunt who isn't established. In this case, Hauntworld has a lot of traffic, and we share that traffic with EVERYONE...correct? 90% of Hauntworld is links to other website CORRECT? So with that being said we have a haunted house ONLY directory, the last thing we're going to do is send those people who are looking for haunts to another haunted directory...don't you think thats just dumb? Do you think thats what people surfing our directory are looking for is another directory or a haunted house. Which one?

C'mon now...

Either way you have your opinion and I have mine, and I think most agree with what we're saying and not what Adam is saying. When you have a business you make your own rules that help your business, and you don't change them because some other competing website doesn't like them.
    At the end of the day though I don't see us as competing, I just see it like he's not a haunted house, and thats not what people surfing those pages are looking for...end of story!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

It is your site and you can do what you want. My 2 cents are worth just that - I know I won't change any minds and I wasn't expecting too... Adam just wants to reach out and serve more people through his site and there's nothing wrong with that...

Larry we can agree to disagree.

Kum Ba Yah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFdOCh9ySww
      Blood & Kisses,

~ Nicole

Production Team Member
      The White Star Farm
      "Hey Baby, this blood's for you."

Comment

Awesome video Nicole! Thanks for sharing that!

Kel
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Nicole,

I wasn't disagreeing with you...

Anyway AWESOME VIDEO! LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

Now thats a Christmas story, thanks Nicole
            Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Who ever made that video spent a lot of time and money on it for sure...it was awesome. Does anyone know who made that thing???

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

Larry, apparently it was Direct TV en Espanol....

Nicole, that was priceless! Thanks for sharing!!!
                www.mindseizure.com
                www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

"Directv...It's better."

Nicole....
                  You peacemaker you!
                  "Blessed are the Peacemaker for they shall be called sons (daughters) of God."

Thanks, Darlin'.

Comment

Damn... come on people! I'm tired of seeing there were lots of CMFs, SOBS, and even MBs around here... Well, let this go please!! :lol: :evil:

Comment

The discussion WAS over until Jolly Roger came in. LOL
                      Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
                      Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

What the F*** do you expected, Adam?? Or, Steve??

Comment

What did I "expected"? Apparently grammar is a problem. LOL. What I expected is not to be cursed at. Let's just follow Nicole's lead and be nice, ok?

Adam
                          Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
                          Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

Larry,

if you're such a stickler for the rules, allow me to pose this question: since your haunt directory lists haunts by state, then why is YOUR banner for scarefest on EVERY single featured haunt page, REGARDLESS of what state you click on? This is done so that findhauntedhouses.com can promote scarefest and also, on the side, list other haunts for profit. If this wasn't the case, then your haunt would be listed in Missourri ONLY. Surely you wouldn't let another haunted attraction do this. So if you're gonna enforce the 'rules', you might want to enforce them ALL and not pick and choose which ones suit you best.

Comment

HSMAG,I'm sure that this was a mere oversite.
                              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I don't think there is a rule that you can't purchase featured haunt banners in other states. I know I have read many posts where Larry was trying to tell people that you need to advertise in other states because people are now driving from all over to see haunts.
                                Jared Layman

Comment

Working...
                                X