No announcement yet.

I've Finally Had Enough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to keep this going but I should chime in on this as Jolly has involved Haunted Connection in this topic.

One thing I would like people to understand is that, for years Illinois and Wisconsin haunts and haunt actors were plagued with terrible fighting and bickering that really put a damper on the local haunted attraction industry. All of us have worked very hard to not only end that nonsense but to band together and help promote the industry in whole.

Now, actors and owners for several haunts have a much better relationship. We meet to hangout, share ideas, and just have a good time. Both during the season and in the off season. Most of us have visited each other haunts and share some good times.

Adam has had a HUGE part in this peace (for lack of a better word). So it's not surprising that the actors from Haunted Illinois and the local visitors of Haunted Connection stand up for Adam when he is upset.

We really don't consider each other competition any more. Yeah we still have our stupid bickering sometimes, but now it's more like a family dispute.

I'm not really sure what Jolly meant by "I'm not one of THEM anymore" but whatever, I don't really care.

To the comments about Wal-Mart vs. Target - If they did decide to cross-promote. So what? Do you really think it would make a difference? I still shop at both stores, don't you? My only point is that just because someone decides to go to Haunted House #1, doesn't meant their not going to go to Haunted House #2. In fact, as long and #1 and #2 are both a good show, the customer WILL and DOES go to both. Same goes for websites.

I'm really not taking sides. Our little community of hardcore haunters are really proud of ourselves for the community that we have built. Steve, Nicole, Adam, and myself are part of this. So, yes, we tend to have each others backs.

Not too different from the Haunt World community, which is why so many have stood up for Larry on this topic. It's actually very warming to see. I'm sure one day the 'peace' will continue
    Steve Verdino
    (Show-Me! The Clown)

Haunted Connection
    www.hauntedconnection.com

Dream Reapers
    www.dreamreapers.com

Comment

Adam,

I do understand that you have to end this discussion when I came... Well, I have to show a respect and stay out of your way. I will not chaos anymore, so it is between you and Larry only. I shouldn't have come in this first place to cause the problem.

So, leave this to you and others to discuss anything what you wish to say.

Comment

Steve, what you have in Haunted Connection is great and I completely agree haunts (that is) haunt actors / operators should work together. All of that aside, what Larry has is a business decision. Way back to the comment from our elder haunter (in Jim), examples like Haunted Connection are not apples to apples with this situation. Larry has the right to not sell an ad to anyone.... and the situation isn't really all that much of a surprise. It might kind of suck for Adam but its very easy to see where everyone is coming from and agree, in some part, with each viewpoint.
        http://www.innerfears.com/
        http://www.innerfearshauntedhouse.com

Comment

Jolly,

Its not between Adam and Larry...

His beef is with Hauntworld and HauntedHouse.com.

He's upset because neither site will allow him to market on our haunted directories even though he's not a haunted house.

The beef wasn't just with me...just so you know buddy!

Anyway I think everyone pretty much said all that could or can be said...

Most people agree on every site I've seen him post this thread including Haunted Attraction, that he doesn't really have a gripe at all. To wrap it up I don't have a grudge against him, nor am I trying to blackball him, nor do I think he's some kind of threat as he put it, he's just not a haunted house.

We're more than willing to put banners on our site, links on our site and everything else for his site on our site just not in the haunted directory because he's NOT a haunted house. Period!

I do think he kind owes both Hauntworld and HauntedHouse.com an apology, because he said some pretty harsh stuff, and made some pretty harsh accusations that just are not true! Oh well life goes on...

The best thing that came out of this was Nicoles Video...

That was the coolest thing I've seen ever...

Rock on Nicole!

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Yo Jolly,

I removed your link from your profile because it seems like you're spamming...some Halloween 101 gift card whatever thing. Sometimes it seems like you make posts just to get another link up.

Thats a spam type url, the site doesn't belong to you so I removed it from your profile.

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

Larry,

You mean my own site HalloweenMaster's Top 100 Horror?? That's actually my own website. It's a horror topsites for everyone to add their halloween titles, descriptions and banner images as well.

Comment

It was a long, long URL seemed like a spam site to me.

In the past you had come onto Hauntworld and posted links to sites you didn't own, I only assumed to promote them like you're being paid.

A lot of spammers join Hauntworld (not saying you) join our message boards, and put urls in their profile because having links on our site help their search engine placement.

Clearly you love Halloween and stuff so I didn't assume you are one of them, but the url seemed like it.

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

More spam there.

Probably the best bet, allow JR to post, but edit out ALL urls or such names in ANY form? turns out he IS getting paid from some of those websites, so that is a spam gig there. They had been contacted about biz practices and will not exert controls. Just simply have the posts edited for ANY form of links and urls from him, and that should solve the problem. Means that a moderator is needed to do the job in here.

A lot of people have had it for a long time. There has been plenty of chances and no improvements after repeated admonishments. As long as you allow it, he will continually spam this website.
                  The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

GEE

The funny thing about all of this????

Adam has a better listing of haunted houses in Illinois.........And a loyal following.

Larry how much for one of them spots again?
                    I think we might be buying another one for a sponsor of ours.........

Have a great Christmas!!!
                    Gee could it get any better than this?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Verdino
                      To the comments about Wal-Mart vs. Target - If they did decide to cross-promote. So what? Do you really think it would make a difference? I still shop at both stores, don't you?
                      Not to hijack a thread here, but the real lesson we can learn from Wal-Mart vs. Target and apply to our haunts is differentiation. When Wal-Mart began to rise into what it is today, there were plenty of competitors on equal footing..K-Mart being chief among them. So what did Target do differently than K-Mart that led them to continued success where K-Mart ended up in bankruptcy..

Differentiation...that's the key!!!

K-Mart had all the same stuff as Wal-Mart but they couldn't do the same volume to sell the stuff quite as cheap as Wal-Mart and they couldn't afford to stock nearly as much stuff....Target had the same limitations, but they decided to offer a different experience than Wal-Mart..wider aisles, cleaner stores, more helpful staff, designer products, etc. Target thrived, K-Mart filed... Now we see Wal-Mart redesigning all of their locations with wider aisles, etc. to borrow some of Target's model.

Let's all learn this principle and apply it to our haunts....

Merry Christmas!!
                      Brett Hays, Director
                      Fear Fair
                      www.fearfair.com

Comment

Originally posted by bhays
                        Differentiation...that's the key!!!

Let's all learn this principle and apply it to our haunts....
                        Thanks for that, Brett. That's a great lesson to apply!

Comment

Whenever possible I go to Target, because the places are nicer, cleaner, the people working are more friendly and Walmart is the evil empire! LOL

Larry
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President

Comment

I actually saw a report on CNN that Wal-Mart had hurt their Christmas sales by trying to be too many things to too many people. They have really jumped into a little higher end consumer electronics lately with quite a few $2500+ lcd tv's etc at our local stores.

The consumers for a lot of those higher end units don't want to mingle with the crowds at Wal-Mart and the high priced items are a turn off to their bread and butter customers.

Find a niche and stick to it...
                            Brett Hays, Director
                            Fear Fair
                            www.fearfair.com

Comment

I heard a business report that stated that Walmart ventured into higher end fashions as well and it flopped as the core shoppers are looking for bargains.

This factoid caused me to go into a deep depression that I have become a Walmart shopper. What have I done in my life to deserve this.
                              sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

A little known successful marketing ploy by Wal-Mart was to have numerous of their employees wear Billy-Bob teeth when waiting on customers. It gives an undeniable gut-feeling of "Man! This place MUST have the Lowest prices anywhere! Just look at those terrible teeth!"
                                It makes you feel sorry for the employees and then you spend more money there, hoping some of it might return to them for a dental plan.
                                Very sneaky........$$$$$
                                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                                X