Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haunted Cave/Waterfall/The New Darkness...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunted Cave/Waterfall/The New Darkness...

Hey Folks,

Couple of things...

#1 I wanted to invite ANYONE traveling to Chicago to stop by St. Louis for a tour of the Darkness. We are NOT going to Chicago until the day before the show. We will not have any massive booth or anything just a Hauntworld Magazine booth...and maybe a few other secrets. LOL.

Anyway if you're driving through FEEL free to email directly, and let us know you want a tour. It would be nice if everyone came by the same day like 21st or something. I'll give anyone a tour no problem.

Now for the cool stuff...

We won't but big buyers at this years show, actually probably won't buy ANYTHING, just depends. The reason being is that we'll have the Darkness just about ready or ready to go for the 2007 Halloween season before Transworld.

We've started building a carved out of foam and hard coated cave with two massive waterfalls, which will be home to our gorillas and other animations. This is probably the coolest thing we've ever done for our own haunted house. It should be 100% completed and decorated before the Transworld show. This scene also features our booth from the IAAPA show for those of you who saw that thing.

I will start posting some pics maybe even today!

Keep an eye out and let me know if anyone has some interest in coming out!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Looking forward to the pix.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
    http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
    "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
    http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

sigh, must be nice to havea place you can work on year round... :roll: Then you have the rest of us that have to either wait til Sept and build like crazy, or build off site and move everything to the location in Sept. Well, maybe someday.......
      Hey Larry, are there any videos of your places?
      www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Actually, we have one location that is year around and another that is not...so we live a little of both sides of this industry. I know just how hard it can be to put up a show in a short period of time trust me.

We put our SiloX location in about 30 days, and this includes a massive haunted hayride, a 30,000 square foot SiloX, a trailer haunt and that beast thing.

Now our Hayride is somewhat year around as we've left it up, and the trailer haunts is somewhat year around, but SiloX is not and all the other stuff that goes along with is not either. Additionally we're setting up a corn maze and a 3D haunt as well. Lots of work, we know all about it.

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

Took some pics today...

Will upload them tonight. I'm at my haunted house right now and let me tell you you just won't believe this is being done in a haunted house!!!!

Its pretty awesome!

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

Yes work continues here right now on the Ravens Grin Inn. Welding and grinding last night in the rain (NEver weld in the rain! Kids!) sawing, hammering, drilling last night and for the first half of today as water ran across the basement floor (It's RAINING!) but the important thing is...it's all coming together, falling into place, my next big item here!
            LOVE IT!
            No, I can't do the work AND count how many hours it has taken!
            A 12 yr. old kid asked me today how long it took me to customize my Spookmobile?
            Who knows? Big monster face, moving arms, green scaley vynl skin all glued down, yes it took some time!
            Going to the treadmill now, have to stay in shape for tours!!!
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
            X