Road sign messaging boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road sign messaging boards

Are there any haunts with unique road signs or messaging boards? We're trying to think of the best and most cost effective way to have signage on the road leading to our haunt. Last year we used a giant foam board and cut out "Blood Lake Open Tonight" and stuck it to a lit up messaging board. Then we took red flood lights and put them behind the sign. It looked okay... because we didn't have the time or the funds to do any better.

Any cool ideas? Or maybe suggestions for places that sell novelty boards?

Blood Lake Haunted House & Haunts of Richmond Ghost Tours
    www.bloodlakeva.com www.hauntsofrichmond.com
    Located in Richmond, VA

I'd be happy to quote you customized signs for your haunt---something a lot more durable than foam. I have a 4x8 CNC router and am always looking to work load it.

you can check out some of my work here:

http://s496.photobucket.com/albums/r...view=slideshow

Fred
    Stonegate Creations Studio
    Corpus Christi, Texas

Comment

If you are looking for signage to put out on the highway and direct folks to your haunt I got mine from www.speedysignsUSA.com. You can design your own online and approve. They were 16x24 corrugated full color and great looking signs. I uploaded our logo and put website and some THIS WAY. They were great and people were looking for them.

Another great place to order full digital color banners are www.wholesalebannerz.com. I can't find them any cheaper for the good quality.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but good product for the money. Hope this helps.

Comment

Ravens Grin sign

I bought the expensive weather-proof sign board, painted and cut it to look like my house.
        Then across it I screwed sheet metal indivdual letters across it with my message. Being actually physically raised from the surface gave it the ability to make slightly moving highlights or shadowing from these letters as a car drove passed.
        Because I used two pieces of wood I didn't try to hide the fact, I accentuated it by cutting a jagged edge between the pieces to make it look like the house was cracking into two pieces.
        This sign also advertised the chamber of commerce graveyard tours .
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

The last two years we have made large signs out of thin plywood painted orange with black lettering. Then we had a generator out front hooked up to red flood lights and those red flasher lights. This year I would like to buy one of those electric arrow signs that light up and maybe on a few weekend nights rent those large spotlights that you can see for miles.
          ~Bill Mlinac
          The Deadland Haunted House
          www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
          www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

We need better signage at the road. Heck we need to be by the road.
            Jared Layman

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. Keep 'em coming. Even with our poor sign last year, we still had people come visit us just because they saw it lit up by the road.

Blood Lake Haunted House & Haunts of Richmond Ghost Tours
              www.bloodlakeva.com www.hauntsofrichmond.com
              Located in Richmond, VA

Comment

Haunt signage

What are some things you guys do to keep people from stealing your signs? We're out in the country, so lighting our signs is a problem. We thought we'd solved it with solar powered uplighting -- but someone stole the signs, the lights, everything! There really isn't anything to chain it to....it's a farm to market road so we can't really put anything big and heavy out there.
                "Enthusiasm is one of the most powerful engines of success. When you do a thing, do it with your might. Put your whole soul into it. Stamp it with your own personality. Be active, be energetic, be enthusiastic and you will accomplish your object. Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm."
                ~Ralph Waldo Emerson~

Comment

Put your sign up real high to discourage theft.
                  Then pour 100's of gallons of water where they would have to put the feet of their ladder or dig a pit there, cover it with sticks and leaves...
                  They sell hunter cameras that snap pictures automatically when something passes by they are small products and even come camoflauged.
                  Maybe just buy an old big truck with a box on the back and paint your sign on it.
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

For banners, we use www.worldsbestbanners.com Very affordable and outstanding service and quality!

Fred, do you make and sell the skulls? If so, please let me know the price. Thanks!

Kel
                    sigpic
                    Kelly Allen
                    Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
                    www.RaycliffManor.com
                    www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
                    www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Sigh.

I was all excited for this thread. I thought we were talking about construction road signage.

-Brandon Kelm
                      Operations Manager & Technical Director

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Warfield View Post
                        Maybe just buy an old big truck with a box on the back and paint your sign on it.
                        This is exactly what I want to do- just strip off the rear trailer and lay some thick plywood down- place sign on front and kazamm! you got your road sign...
                        and I'll just use that to drive around from about mid sept-end of oct. Free advertising everywhere I go.
                        Join The Collective

Comment

Road sign

buy a pre-built 4 x 8" trailer from Tractor Supply for $350 (no floor), weld a 10' x 12' x 12" metal frame and attach it to the trailer, have two really cool vinyl banner printed up. ( $260) Circle Graphics, back lite the sign by adding a light inside.

Phil Miller
                          frightland.com

Comment

Once approach for the road sign that we did last year was contacted a local print shop that made signs. We asked them if they would sponsor us by making a sign for us and they were all for the idea. We came out in the end with a great sign (for free) and we gave them free tickets to our haunt. If you have a local shop such as this in your general area you should definitly approach them with the idea.

Comment

Zombies!!!

I would love to connect with a local construction company to hook up one of those road signs... original... no... but it might generate the attention from the road that we need.

Our location is less than 3 miles from I-95 in Maryland... and we have a lot of trouble with the county trying to get our signs displayed. Our first year, the county confiscated all of our corrugated signs on Monday after the week we opened. Our county also had ridiculous rules for a 'legal' sign in front of our haunt. It had to be less than 32 square feet and more than 35' from the edge of the road... a little excessive I think...

Our way around it... we bought an old UPS delivery truck... painted it black... then turned it into a huge billboard. As long as you are legally parked... if its on wheels, they can't do anything about it!! A haunt near me has a towering sign above I-95 that sprouts out of the back of an old pick-up truck. I don't think the state can do anything about it... pretty clever.
                              Patrick Barberry
                              www.legendsofthefog.com
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X