Road sign messaging boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

18 x 24 Corrugated Signs

We use the 18 x 24 Corrugated signs around our haunt. At the both ends of the roads leading to the haunt we put a banner 3 x 4 with our logo on it and arrows. We to have the problem of being in the country and not having lighting.
    Because of the cost of getting the 18x24 signs done, I purchased a vinyl cutter and do my own signs. If anyone would like signs cut I would be happy to help them out, send me a PM.

Comment

Someone said they needed to be near the road. That really only leaves two options: Move the haunt closer to road, or move the road closer to the haunt. I'm reminded of those classic Horror Hotel type movies where they go out and place "detour" signs along the highway to syphon off traffic. If it worked for serial killers, it just might work for us!
      www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

We inadvertently started the whole rolling billboard concept in Vegas back in 2000. We had our attractions at a hotel right on the Strip. We were going after the tourist market so marketing directly seemed like a good idea. We modified an old trailer to display a large 8x16 double sided frame, put a small generator on it to run lights and sound. Had 2 vinyl signs made and attached to the frame. Then we mounted a Bucky to the back of the sign like he was holding on for dear life! We then drove it up and down the Strip.

The Marketing Mgr from the hotel liked the idea and said if we would build a couple of them he could book advertisers!! Since our focus was the attractions and we didn’t do very well on the Strip we just shrugged off the idea. Several months later a company put signs on the back of a large truck and starting driving the Strip. Now there are 2 or 3 companies and they ALL stay busy!!

Shoulda, woulda, coulda!!!!
        R&J Productions
        Las Vegas, NV
        www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

And..going a little further..

If I had the money...old utility trucks are for sale with the work-bucket booms on them.
          Have a large unfurled banner or an inflatable critter, pull into a parking lot to buy your supply of $1.98 goat-glue masks , raise the bucket 30 feet high and have the portable highly temporary billboard!
          Of course those trucks themselves are big and ugly, paint it up like a giant killer-sloth, teeth in the grillwork, spots with some hair glued to them (traveling sickness?)
          If you left it parked for awhile under some power lines just tap into the 5,000 volts to run your sign lights! Sure.......
          The utility companys do sell their trucks but you sign a waiver . Many years ago a local guy got the money from his Grandma to buy one of these trucks to become a tree trimmer. He proudly took it to show it to her, she went for a ride in the bucket, a cable broke , she was killed.
          (Some old trucks just had a cable run over a big pulley to lift the main arm.)
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
          X