First we made concrete forms for them to sit on and to attach our 2x4 wood plates to. Then we made our column structures and skinned them with plywood. Next we cut 1/2 inch thick extruded pink foam to fit cutting it so the corners are at 45 degrees screwed them in place and drew the mortar lines so all sides matched. we labeled them when we removed them so we knew what side they went on after we used a router with a 1 " bit to carve the lines. Then we put them back up with glue and some screws and used caulk to seal the edges. Then I took lacquer thinner and threw it on to age the brick. next we painted them with grey primer then with black exterior paint. then painted in the grout lines. Finally we used sea sponges to put on the brick dust paint. they turned out great. will post more pics closer up and will post pics of the creamation oven I am working on.