Haunted House parking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunted House parking

I was curious, is there a general rule of thumb concering the number of parking spaces for haunted houses. How many designated spaces should you aim for? I know the more the better, but if the turnover is decent you should be able to keep things moving and replace spots with new people...How many parking spaces do you permanent location folks currently work with?

Thank you,

Darkangel

thats a great topic to bring up.
    can any one help out on that.
    interested myself
    Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

Ravens Grin-Surrounded by Parking Lots

On three sides, anyway.
      The one to my west where the front door is is about 140 feet by 95, the one to the south is about 140 by 65, the one to the east is about 140 by 100 and so far it is the only one that is marked with parking spaces because of the summer cruise night parking infront of the car parts museum there.
      I own none of these lots, the city does, they get to plow the snow, fill the potholes, just the way it should be.
      Additional parking for my house is a block away, it's downtown Mount Carroll, no parking meters though.
      If some drunk wants to park on the north side of my house I'll tell him "Sure, my name is "Cliff" drop over and see me sometime."
      There is what is left of a 1959 Chevy over there, upside-down.
      That's where I got most of my old car parts to decorate with, it was used as a dump from 1911 to 1961.
      It can take from 60 to 90 minutes to get through my house.
      If you knew the house real well and ran through as fast as you could it would still require 35 minutes...but "Jim" don't do no running for 35 minute tours anymore.
      (My nose might run for 35 minutes but not my legs)
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I have always been told you should have lots of parking. The haunts around my home including my haunt always have tons of well light parking spaces. You just never can predict how many customers your going to get in a night. So it's always best to have plenty of parking. I'd say you don't want to get people pissed off trying to find parking
        ~Bill Mlinac
        The Deadland Haunted House
        www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
        www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

What is a lot? 100 spots? 200 spots? More would be tough to find wouldn't it?
          Darkangel

Comment

I know of a few haunts that bus the customers to their place because they have very limited parking.
            This could open up a whole new can of worms.
            "OK you worms get out of that can, we are at the haunt!" ("Gee, I wish I could tell if they are sliding out of the can forward or backward?")
            I love standing outside the haunt when those lights go on and the worms have to pass down the "Fish Hook Hallway".
            The electric chair has been replaced by the electric dirt, the worms burrow down thinking they will be safe, then the prod sinks down and the current is applied! Wow! Look at them come shooting out of their holes! hahahah!
            .....then as the worms crawl down the last hallway a rotted zombie pops out of the wall and the worms look so real hanging out of the zombie's face!
            "Hi Mort! How long you been working here?"
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
            X