Who runs a hayride?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who runs a hayride?

Who all runs a hayride or pumpkin patch? I am on a board that does a haunted hayride every October in Columbiaville, Michigan. Our event is called Creepy Hollow. Our entire hayride is through thick woods. Last year we had 14 scenes and good attendance. Anyone else?
    Jared Layman

I have not done hayrides or other outdoor attractions in the past, but am considering doing it this year. What works well for you? How do you deal with weather?

I look forward to learning more.

Dave
    Lords of Chaos, LLC
    House of Chaos Haunted Attraction

Comment

Well, weather can be a huge problem for an outdoor attraction. One thing we do is just make sure all of our wiring is safe so it can hold up. On really bad nights we do not run. Also make sure you don't leave any props that you really like at the site because we have had people come through and destroy stuff. Another big factor is the cold, make sure you have a heat source for your guests while they are waiting for the ride. We also provide blankets for the ride itself.
      Jared Layman

Comment

Anyone else do a hayride?
        Jared Layman

Comment

We're building a hayride RIGHT NOW for one of our attractions...

We'll have a 25,000 square foot SILOX, 5,500 square foot trailer haunt, Distortions Beast and a 1/4 mile long Hayride. The hayride will pack a huge punch with tons and tons of awesome scenes and lots of detail.

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner
            We're building a hayride RIGHT NOW for one of our attractions...

We'll have a 25,000 square foot SILOX, 5,500 square foot trailer haunt, Distortions Beast and a 1/4 mile long Hayride. The hayride will pack a huge punch with tons and tons of awesome scenes and lots of detail.

Larry
            Will you be showing any footage of it on any of the upcoming DVDs? I think our hayride is also about a quarter of a mile.
            Jared Layman

Comment

As soon as we get our new website up we'll start featuring photos and eventually a video. Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Haunted Hayride

I have done the Haunted Hayride for the last 8 years. The first three years were helping with others scenes, the last 5 years, we have done our own. For the last two years, our scene has won first place for best scene. I absolutly LOVE doing the haunted hayride. :twisted:
                ~Please don't feed yourself to the wildlife!~
                ~Openings available-ask about our easy layaway plans~

Comment

I have been volunteering at a local haunted hayride / haunted barn attraction in the Harrisburg, Pennsylvania area for 10 years. It's the oldest haunted attraction in the state. Have a great time with a great bunch of people raising money for the Hershey Medical Center for Children with Cancer.

I have produced several small haunted attractions in the past (i.e., terror trails, haunted train ride, etc.) and if things go well will be designing an all new haunted trail or haunted hayride in my area for 2007. I have several sites that I'm negotiating with at the present time. (Fingers crossed!)
                  The Haunter's Depot
                  www.HauntersDepot.com

The Haunter's Depot -- You Can Scare Them! We Can Help! (A division of Haunted Ventures FX.) We are your premier source for Halloween merchandise. Thousands of products available including costumes, masks, static and animated props, changing portraits, makeup supplies, special visual and audio effect equipment, glow necklaces, lightsticks, and MUCH more!

Comment

I'm curious, Larry. Will there actually be any hay on the wagons when they are in operation?
                    I could see some problems with hay, alergys to name one, combustability the other and a real good place to lose car keys or a thin wallet full of everything. (Or heirloom necklaces?)
                    I almost forget "Needles!" (in a hay stack)
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

We use it at ours but personally I wish we didn't because people tend to slide around on it. I wish we would just use wagons with the seats on them but when you do things by commitee majority rules.
                      Jared Layman

Comment

I'm thinking about doing a hayride this year. My uncle has a tractor that can hold probably 5-7 people
                        Don't throw a baby at anything. Even a Burgalar

Comment

Jason

You definitely need a trailer. Trying to load people onto a tractor in the dark is just begging for a lawsuit. Can I be the first one to ride, before the others file?

Comment

why is it begging for a lawsuit
                            Don't throw a baby at anything. Even a Burgalar

Comment

Hayrides and Pumpkin Patches

We generally put 30-40 people per wagon and pull two in one run. Lawsuits Plauge every event! They are inevitable! Its what you do to try to minimize the risk and deflate the lawsuit before it begins. Like printing rules on the back of ticket stubs. Posting the hosts liabilities for everyone to see. The business that I work for has been doing Haunted Hayrides, Houses, alien invaision and daytime pumpkin patchs for the last 15 years. Recently we brought back our corn walk called "Deadtime Stories". Due to danger hazards of flying corn it was dropped for a few years. A group of us are responsible for scene ideas and event construction for all of our events. We have our hayride through partial woods. Entering and exiting periodically and over part of our farm. With enclosed scenes in certain spots. Our event is called HorrorFest. You can find a link to the website on 13haunts.com
                              Last edited by ReedSBF; 02-15-2008, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X