Darkness Photos Uploaded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darkness Photos Uploaded

If you've never been to the Hauntworld Photo Gallery go and check it out...I took some pics of our cave/waterfall we're building. I also uploaded some photos of our IAAPA booth, which has the same facade inside the cave room. This will give you an idea of what the facade will look like after we're done with it.

The cave on the other hand will have TWO massive 20 foot high waterfalls, a rope bridge, four multi motion gorillas, other animations, buda statue, actors running around in the water, and much more. Its really awesome!

You have to walk through a skull facade to get into the room...its really neat!!!

http://www.hauntworld.com/gallery/th...ls.php?album=5

Thats the links!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Looks really good.
    Jared Layman

Comment

Insanely awesome Larry!
      www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

OMG :!: Those are freaking AWESOME! :shock:

Kel
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Great work guys! Jeff is very talented too Larry!

Allan

Comment

Do you know what the product is that will hard coat the caves? and what kind of adhesive glued all the chunks together?
            sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Hey Greg, I've been doing research into this very topic. Here are a couple of websites for ya...

http://www.sculpturalarts.com/

http://products3.3m.com/catalog/us/e...er/output_html

Hope that helps. If you find a great foam supplier, let me know! :wink:

Kel
              Chris Riehl
              Sales@spookyfinder.com
              (586)209-6935
              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I know there is one somewhere down here, I have seen 4 foot by 4 foot by 10 foot blocks of styrene. I think it is a boat thing. This sculpting and glueing looks a whole lot less expensive than calling the spray foam truck. Certainly cleaner and lighter.

Thanks for the links Kel.
                sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Nice looking stuff, Larry!
                  The big skull has sort of a reptillian look to it by my point of veiw, maybe makes it more scary?
                  Two waterfalls, no waiting!?
                  "Water?" Or "Blood?"
                  Two bloody waterfalls, anybody ever seen or done this before?
                  USDA approved "blood" of course!
                  Just awhile ago as I was working in my basement standing on a step ladder, holding up a big beam, trying to push the steel pin through the hinge-hole, something wasn't quite lining up right, even "Mr. Hammer" couldn't persuade it to slide together!
                  Then I thought I might have it ready to try again, both hands were busy holding and adjusting the beam (a couple of planks screwed together, not "Jim Beam") I thought maybe if I was lucky my chin could push it in at the right moment, I tried chin, it worked!!!??
                  So here I am wearing my newest tool on my face! (Maybe I won't lose it so easilly?)
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I'm seeing an amber color in the joints of the styrofoam. We use exterior carpenters glue put if there is something better? It takes a full day to set up.
                    sigpic

Comment

Lar, or whomever, have firemarshals ever said anything about having carved styrofoam? I am thinking about doing it this year....
                      www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

A work of scary art as always.
                        Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

I forgot about Creative Visions "Creative Coating" at http://www.hauntvisions.com/DIYCreativeCoating.html

Kel
                          Chris Riehl
                          Sales@spookyfinder.com
                          (586)209-6935
                          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Its plane old styrofoam and yes its very flamable... New York Fire Shield sells something specifically for coating it. We will have to apply several coats of this chemical to ensure it will not be flamable.

The hard coating will addition protect the styrofoam from an open flame, every inch will be coated. But again it will be coated in a flameproof chemical sold specifically for this type of material.

Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President
                            www.HalloweenProductions.com
                            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

greg the best glue i found so far for styrofoam is expandable foam.i baught a foam gun,screw a can to it and do the project.great for styrofoam to wood or styrofoam to styrofoam.

Comment

Working...
                              X