No announcement yet.

CGI Technology In Your Haunt???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They do a pepper's ghost effect in which you look down a hallway and see the ghosts of the doomed elevator's pasengers.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=GZgWNCAP9V4
    the effect I am talking about starts 1 and a half minutes into the video.
    -PH
    www.HauntGraphics.com

Comment

Awesome footage! Thanks for posting this! :twisted:

Kel
      Chris Riehl
      Sales@spookyfinder.com
      (586)209-6935
      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

No problem kel, it is an awesome ride!
        The effect is simple actually.
        Guests look down a hallway unaware that between them and the back wall stands a piece of glass set on a 45 degree angle. The image of the passengers is projected on the righthand wall about 10 feet away from the guests ( they don't see the projection because it happens in an alcove that appears to be another hallway that branches off.

Like so:

..................alcove with nothing.........................

Guest..................angled glass..........................back wall

.................alcove with projection.......................

Hopefully that makes some sense...
        -PH
        www.HauntGraphics.com

Comment

While their off the shelf products are nice, they are not quite what we are looking for. We may well just take PH's suggestion and shoot live video on a modified pepper's ghost (you can do really cool stuff with an extra piece of glass and an extra projector (ala Disney)). We have a good video editing suite to play with, so this is a good option for us. On the other hand, don't want to reinvent the wheel, so if anyone comes up with more good info, please post.

Dave
          Lords of Chaos, LLC
          House of Chaos Haunted Attraction

Comment

Talking tech-nickle stuff just to confuse some of us half-wits?
            What's a "Wheel"? anyway?
            My Pepper's Ghost shows a "Hot Babe" in the reflection, which is just actually setting their minds up to have a good scare, courtesy of the "Hot Babe"!
            I have scared people who told me they never get scared in a haunted house with this previously mentioned set up.
            The main item making it all work was given to me by a well-known haunter who said, "Maybe you can figure something out with this in your haunted house, I can't use it."
            (Being fair, this item is not really a haunted house item as far as I know, maybe that's part of the secret of the reaction it ellicts?)
            Lots of FUN!!!
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

So, CGI stands for: Cardboard Girl Illusion?
              sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Originally posted by Theatremacabre
                While their off the shelf products are nice, they are not quite what we are looking for. We may well just take PH's suggestion and shoot live video on a modified pepper's ghost (you can do really cool stuff with an extra piece of glass and an extra projector (ala Disney)). We have a good video editing suite to play with, so this is a good option for us. On the other hand, don't want to reinvent the wheel, so if anyone comes up with more good info, please post.

Dave
                hey dave where did you hear/learn of something like this? the combination alone sounds exciting.

Comment

Jason,

Okay, being an attorney, I have to preface my answer with the statement that this source can be used for inspiration, but if you take the ideas and use them as is, you could be committing legal or ethical violations.

Okay, that said, if you don't mind some dry reading and want to be inspired as to ways to create new methods for special effects, spend a few hours on Google searching patents. Using the key words "Disney" and "Illusion" will yield very interesting results.

Dave
                  Lords of Chaos, LLC
                  House of Chaos Haunted Attraction

Comment

Hello everyone,

We do offer custom CGI and video production services for use with projection systems. Our "Services" section on the web site is still down and for that I apologize. We have been very busy producing new content for use with our projection systems or any projection system for that matter.

We can produce custom scenes and visual effects at very reasonable prices. Plus we will have 20 new characters and scenes ready do go as a turn key solution. We will be previewing the characters at Transworld along with a couple of new products.

I will be happy to answer any questions. Please send me an email or give a call.

Thank you

David Love
                    Hollow 3D Productions
                    http://www.hollolw3d.com
                    hollow3d@pacbell.net
                    805-341-8819

Comment

"Ethics?"
                      Those are those ways of acting and being that we would like to see everyone else strickly adhere to, right? But of course they couldn't possibly also apply to US!
                      Everytime I hear about someone stealing some idea or routine from my show to use somewhere else, I always pray to the god of"Their Audience Were Here Already And Saw It, And Will Recall The Experience And Treat The Thief Like The Bowel-Of-A-Whale That He Is."
                      Sometimes this obscure showbusiness god of originality does respond and smite them with jeers and being made into a naked, pimply-beaked ostrich.

"Look at that guy on the stage, he was ostrich-sized!"
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

On such short notice, I'm not really sure what to do with the bowels of a whale? Is there an eskimo FAQs page I can go to for reference?
                        sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

They make very resilliant wind-bags for your bagpipes.
                          Be the envy of all the pipers , able to hold that note 20 times longer than anyone else.
                          You'll have bass tones that can talk to submarines half way around the planet.
                          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Cool, I like bag pipe music.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Theatremacabre
                              Jason,

Okay, being an attorney, I have to preface my answer with the statement that this source can be used for inspiration, but if you take the ideas and use them as is, you could be committing legal or ethical violations.

Okay, that said, if you don't mind some dry reading and want to be inspired as to ways to create new methods for special effects, spend a few hours on Google searching patents. Using the key words "Disney" and "Illusion" will yield very interesting results.

Dave
                              ahh yes. i never looked too much into those topics, not that it hasn't crossed my mind. just never enough time to really get into the research. still i'll make some time. lol

thanks dave

Comment

Working...
                              X