Have you ever heard/used.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever heard/used.......

controllers from EZautomation? We are looking to change everything over to one type of controller. We have the Gilderfluke and Allen Bradley keys, but looking for a controller that is simple to use. This is in NOWAY my strong point of the house. The guys take care of this but I do a lot of the research. If anyone has any input on controllers, I would greatly appreciate it. Check out their site at www.EZAutomation.net.

So what are you using and what experience do you have with any of these companies? Gilderfluke, Allen Bradley, Hauntbot, etc......

Anyone Use My House's Types Of "Controlers?"

"Special Helpers"? Invisible, unnamed.

They tweak backs, necks, hold on to a few hairs as people begin to walk away. Pinch clothing.
    Some of the "controllers " here turn on electrical devices automatically, even though they are not wired up to any non-physical switches, such as a motion switch.
    Some times things get turned on to run when they are being merely mentioned or even just thought about.
    This house IS haunted, whether you believe in that sort of thing or not.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

EZautomation

We're a Gilderfluke dealer and we program PLC's. The EZ line is made by AVG. From what I recall they make lots of user interfaces, touch panels, etc., but these aren't stand alone and they require a PLC. They private label for a lot of people like Automation Direct. We've used their touch panel displays and keypads before. For PLCs we use Koyo, also bought through Autoamtion Direct.

Scott
      Scott Ames

Comment

Is there a particular reason you want to change everything over to a single type?

I only ask because I know with our haunt, I couldn't get away with that. It would either limit me to much or be entirely overkill as far as time in programming and costs go.

At this point, I'm using 3 different controllers depending on the use needed. In areas that don't have to happen in a sequence or might only have one or two props, I use Haunted Enterprises Maestro's / Terror By Design Puppet Masters if it's a basic pop up, air cannon, etc.

If I need to trigger audio along with it or if it's a "2" pop prop or the like, I use a MiniBrick 4. For example, we have a few of Randy's bouncing barrels and tilt / fog barrel. It was originally controlled by two Maestro single channels and a Maestro 2 channel. I replaced everything with a single MiniBrick4.

If it's over 4 channels, I automatically go to a Haunt Bots APC16+ or APC 8 Pro. IMO, it's not cost effective to do anything else. I can run DMX via the DMX Dameon, audio (either a GF SD-10 or Pete's own WavRunner), etc etc. His controllers are super easy to program, have tons of options, multiple shows and super flexible / expandable. I've found it's not cost effective to do anything else. Figure a MiniBrick8 lists at $210, has half the outputs of the APC16+, etc. Maybe I'm biased, I simply don't like the GF software. Compared to the Haunt Bots console, it's a PITA to use, but that's just my opinion.

I have a picoBoo or two around on props that came with them, but otherwise I'm not a huge fan. I've found very few controllers with built-in sound that are actually worth a flip. If I wanted something that sounds like an 8-track, I'd install an 8-track.

Disclaimer - The above are all referencing show control, not animatronics. We don't do anything with servo's or the like, so there may very well be better options out as far as that goes.

As far as triggers go, I've repleaced just about every trigger in the house with Banner's or Cuttler's from Brian @ Evilusions. I've tried and I can't beat his pricing, he's a great guy to deal with and sells a great product.
        Last edited by Brandon_K; 02-20-2009, 04:19 PM.
        -Brandon Kelm
        Operations Manager & Technical Director

sigpic

Comment

Thank you Brandon. We took the haunt down and relocated it to a different part of the building. We are putting everything back up and permanent. We found that several have different features and as you stated, serve many different purposes. Just glad to get some input from someone else before we make a huge investment.

We really appreciate your input.

Comment

Whether I am doing animatronics or room control, I use controllers and add on boards from Efx-Tek ( www.efx-tek.com ). I can start with just an 8 channel control board for $30 (I always buy 10 at once) and then add on more output boards, audio, 110v light fader boards, whatever I need for the project I am working on. For audio I pretty much always use mp3 player boards from Hauntbots.
            Brian Warner
            Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
            Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
            Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

Working...
            X