Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gauging interest in new product Part 2 (different product.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gauging interest in new product Part 2 (different product.)

I remember reading a few weeks ago about someone wanting an arcade game type prop with cctv and a trigger for a prop for customers to use. So i had some free time today and got to thinking about how it would be done and came up with a few ideas and what not so... Would there be interest in a coin/free operated arcade style cabinet with a monitor and a button that would trigger for example an air cannon or water cannon either in the haunt or in the que line or even in an ajacent arcade game.... I could go as fare as actually printing up some panel art for the sides and front or just paint them black. If I can continue to get interest in the other post/products and this one and possible a few orders I would probably make the effort to build a few examples and head to TW with them but as this is just a free time project for me now I couldn't justify the expense of the conference without some prior interest/sales. Let me hear your thoughts either her or via pm. Orders gladly welcome as well.

Nick
    Holy crap scaring people is fun!!!

I probably wouldn't be able to buy the props, but I really like the idea where pressing a button would cause an effect somewhere in or around the haunt go off. That would be really cool to add.
    ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
    Campbellsville, KY

Comment

depending on what all you wanted it wouldn't be very expensive. As I'm doing this for fun, not supporting myself with it I would only charge materials plus enough to cover lunch and maybe a tad for my time. Basically if all you needed was the "game" ie. cabinet, trigger, and monitor i could probably manage at around $200 ad the camera ad prob around $50ish add an air cannon as low as $100 for my cheap (economical) model. So for around $350ish you could have a black arcade cabinet with a monitor, trigger and power supply, camera and small air cannon with all the wiring and power supplies. Now that price is by no means set its just a rough estimate. If that sounds reasonable or you want to talk it over and see if we can work something out please PM me. There are ways we can get that price down a bit.n (thrift store items) rather then new monitors would make it cheaper for me to build and therefore cheaper for you to buy. I of course thoroughly test everything I build and will not ship a product until it meets my satisfaction for quality and reliability. So im willing to go as simple and cheap as you need to or as over the top and flashy with all sorts of bells and whistles as you can afford to go.

Comment

A scare kiosk machine is nothing new, Ghostride has sold one for years. Not sure if they still sell it.

If your looking to show at Transworld your going to have to charge more then $20 over your costs because even if you sell several, that wouldn’t even cover the cost to rent the booth carpet from Transworld let alone all of the other costs to do business there like:

Booth fee
        Travel
        Hotel
        Food
        Freight
        Carpet
        Chairs
        Tables
        Tablecloths
        Power
        Air
        Warehouse fee's
        Drayage
        Certificate of insurance
        Booth Shirts
        Product Brochure
        Business Cards
        Price List
        Order Forms
        Credit Card processing fees
        Banner
        Booth Accessories
        Booth Displays
        Demo products
        And the list goes on…………….

Regards,
        Jeff Londos
        Monster-Tronics
        Innovators in Haunt Technologies
        www.Monster-Tronics.com
        See us in St. Louis at TransWorld’s National Haunt & Attractions
        Show, booth 714, March 27th -29th 2009
        Proud Member of the Halloween and Haunt Vendor Association
        www.halloweenhauntvendors.com
        www.youtube.com/MonsterTronics
        Regards,
        Jeff Londos
        Monster-Tronics
        www.Monster-Tronics.com
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpYFWm4BNmc

Comment

This would be a definite for us, very interested!

I would love this! And so would our customers. Please let us know your plans! If you are not going to take them to convention, email us back and let us know what the cost of this would be.:-D

Comment

Originally posted by Monster-Tronics View Post
            A scare kiosk machine is nothing new, Ghostride has sold one for years. Not sure if they still sell it.

If your looking to show at Transworld your going to have to charge more then $20 over your costs because even if you sell several, that wouldn’t even cover the cost to rent the booth carpet from Transworld let alone all of the other costs to do business there like:

Booth fee
            Travel
            Hotel
            Food
            Freight
            Carpet
            Chairs
            Tables
            Tablecloths
            Power
            Air
            Warehouse fee's
            Drayage
            Certificate of insurance
            Booth Shirts
            Product Brochure
            Business Cards
            Price List
            Order Forms
            Credit Card processing fees
            Banner
            Booth Accessories
            Booth Displays
            Demo products
            And the list goes on…………….

Regards,
            Jeff Londos
            Monster-Tronics
            www.Monster-Tronics.com
            See us in St. Louis at TransWorld’s National Haunt & Attractions
            Show, booth 714, March 27th -29th 2009
            www.halloweenhauntvendors.com
            www.youtube.com/MonsterTronics
            Thank you very much for that information. I did recall someone saying something about someone making them as well but figured I can do it as well. And as for those costs, those were all things I have taken into consideration and was well aware of. Which is why I would need a few sells or atleast some very strong interest before I forked out the cash to take it to TW. I would look at TW more as an advertising outlet with a potential for sales rather then just a sales outlet. You cant get better advertising then having a majority of your industry in one spot for a few days :-).

Comment

I just checked ghostrides website and couldn't find a similar product so I assume it would have to be a custom order from them now. I also did a bit of a web search and found nothing

Comment

TW 2002
                New Products

Ghost Ride Productions, Inc. of Hollywood, CA, will be showcasing several new products developed and tested over the past Halloween season at the Chicago show. The development of the UA-Series controller represents a new breed in cost effective, field programmable controllers. This User Adjustable (UA) controller is factory programmed and allows the user to modify controlled variables though an LCD screen down to 0.01, (1/10th of a second). Multiple voltages can be used at once, along with several input and output terminals. After nine months of theme park field-testing, Ghost Ride Productions will present the Scare Blaster(TM) Interactive Kiosk. Constructed with many options and application variables, this themed kiosk allows for guest interaction within the Dark Attraction environment and can be set up for coin operation. Ghost Ride Productions will also be introducing Cobwebs in a Can(TM), the newest concept to dark attraction set decorating. This 17-ounce spray aerosol produces a dull, cream-colored web that is non-flammable, very durable and is applied in seconds. Visit www.ghost-ride.com for streaming video and current pictures of their latest products in development.
                http://www.piratesofemerson.com

Comment

Originally posted by Karl Fields View Post
                  TW 2002
                  New Products

Ghost Ride Productions, Inc. of Hollywood, CA, will be showcasing several new products developed and tested over the past Halloween season at the Chicago show. The development of the UA-Series controller represents a new breed in cost effective, field programmable controllers. This User Adjustable (UA) controller is factory programmed and allows the user to modify controlled variables though an LCD screen down to 0.01, (1/10th of a second). Multiple voltages can be used at once, along with several input and output terminals. After nine months of theme park field-testing, Ghost Ride Productions will present the Scare Blaster(TM) Interactive Kiosk. Constructed with many options and application variables, this themed kiosk allows for guest interaction within the Dark Attraction environment and can be set up for coin operation. Ghost Ride Productions will also be introducing Cobwebs in a Can(TM), the newest concept to dark attraction set decorating. This 17-ounce spray aerosol produces a dull, cream-colored web that is non-flammable, very durable and is applied in seconds. Visit www.ghost-ride.com for streaming video and current pictures of their latest products in development.
                  I dont deny that they did or still do make the product all I was pointing out was that it wasn't for sale on there site as of now.

Comment

Just got an order for an air cannon so later this month I will build a prototype of the haunted arcade game and get some prices pics and vids up. If you would like to order one sooner that would make me get it done faster :-) Rough dimensions so far are 2' x 2' by 6' tall plan was to make them as easily shipped as possible so at that size we can fit 4 on a standard pallet.

Thanks
                    Nick

Comment

This is something that we are working on, trying to patent (stupid, freakin' process)... that we'll be doing at our event this year! Let me know how your stuff ends up! -Tyler
                      Chris Riehl
                      Sales@spookyfinder.com
                      (586)209-6935
                      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Sorry for the interuption but a few people have sent me emails upset... we made a new policy that only our paid advertisers can use our message boards to sell products.

I understand you are new and maybe breaking into the business and we welcome you with open arms... we want more vendors, new vendors but we have vendors who help us pay to keep this site on line. Its unfair for others to use the site as a store so to speak.

At first I thought your posts where more of a how to type thing now I realize you are trying to sell products.

Anyway I hope you understand.

If you would like to contact me offline please send an email here: darkrides@sbcglobal.net

Lastly, yes Ghost Ride did sell an arcade type gag but you may be correct it is probably not on their website. If you didn't see it on their site and you haven't been to the show in the past there is no way you could have known so kinda unfair to blame you. I don't.

But they did do that gag.

Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President
                        www.HalloweenProductions.com
                        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Larry can you please provide me with a link or copy of this new policy as it is published for public viewing, thanks. I took a look in both the trading post for a sticky about this, the description of the trading post and the fright forum and saw no such obvious posting. This would be something of great importance to those other countless people that are not paid advertisers that are selling wall panels, masks costumes etc.

Comment

cabnet

Would the air cannon you put in it be the one you talked about in a earlier post? If so I am interested in somthing like this.The price didnt sound too bad and even if I couldnt get on of the cabnets the cannon sounds awesome.lets talk I am interested

Comment

Originally posted by jason-x View Post
                              Would the air cannon you put in it be the one you talked about in a earlier post? If so I am interested in somthing like this.The price didnt sound too bad and even if I couldnt get on of the cabnets the cannon sounds awesome.lets talk I am interested

pm'ed you back.

Comment

Working...
                              X