18 years of age!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18 years of age!

Do you really have to be 18 years of age to attend transworld!?
    I am 16 years old, opening proffesional haunted attraction this year, getting buisness liscense, are going to buy from many of the vendors there, and have been asked to attend by about 10 different people.
    Is there anyway around this? I realize that the rule is put there for a reason, but in certain circumstances you have to realize this is unjust.
    Let me know if this is true, or better yet, larry id love a chance to attend transworld.
    For gosh sakes ive set up dinner plans with people already during the seminar to talk about haunting. can you help me out! ?
    Please let me know ,and i hope we can work something out, we were about to buy plane tickets yesterday when i read on brouchure you have to be 18.
    Thank you
    Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

I'm not sure in their is a way around it. In the past, they have checked IDs when you first check in and they were checking ages (I had a coworker that happens to look young, and they gave him a really hard time because they refused to believe that he was in his mid-20s).
    Katie Lane
    Partner/VP
    Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
    sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeRTaKer313 View Post
      Do you really have to be 18 years of age to attend transworld!?
      I am 16 years old, opening proffesional haunted attraction this year, getting buisness liscense, are going to buy from many of the vendors there, and have been asked to attend by about 10 different people.
      Is there anyway around this? I realize that the rule is put there for a reason, but in certain circumstances you have to realize this is unjust.
      Let me know if this is true, or better yet, larry id love a chance to attend transworld.
      For gosh sakes ive set up dinner plans with people already during the seminar to talk about haunting. can you help me out! ?
      Please let me know ,and i hope we can work something out, we were about to buy plane tickets yesterday when i read on brouchure you have to be 18.
      Thank you
      Just call and talk to them.
      Jared Layman

Comment

You have a good chance at this show as opposed to when its combined with the costume show, much less scantily clad ladies running around Im sure. Will your parents or a guardian be with you?
        Allen
        www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
        http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Hay UnderTaker, long time no see, good to have you back on here. This is my first show too so I have no idea if you can get around this. Mybe if who ever you are there with protest enough they will let you in, I mean you are the one who is in charge of Hells Gate. Good luck and I'm happy to see that you are still around.
          Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

hey. well who do i contact?
            Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

The TransWorld site has several different numbers and e-mail addresses listed, I'd just start there.

http://hauntshow.com
              Jordan Renda
              www.NightTerrorsHauntedHouse.com

Comment

I have always been told that you have to be 18 years of age. When I was 16, I was working for a pro haunt and they couldn't take me with them because of my age So they just took lots of pictures for me and made a tape on vhs for me to watch.
                ~Bill Mlinac
                The Deadland Haunted House
                www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
                www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

wow that was quite nice of them. thats neat.
                  yeah imagine owning the freaking commercial haunted house and not being allowed in.
                  its quite commical actually, we have all the paperwork they require on the brochure and more, and were only 16, you would think the trade-show would put the age requirement aside.
                  im going to fight for this one lol.
                  sent them some emails and i will probably be calling if i dont hear from them in a couple days.

Comment

Nick,

With all your credentials I really don't think there should be any problem with you attending. If they put up a hard time, they are just being stupid. They should be thrilled to have a 16 year old commercial haunt owner joining them.

Have Fun at Transworld!
                    Ben
                    Haunted Hollows Co- Owner

Comment

I think the reason why they put an age limit is because they don't want young children running around or mothers with strollers getting in the way. Just my thoughts
                      ~Bill Mlinac

Comment

Which I'm kinda glad too-I'm sorry but I wouldn't want kids and strollers getting in my way when I'm trying to do business with others for my haunt. I like it how it is, just serious business people. I wouldn't mind 16 year olds. But I do believe there should be an age cut off. Even when I'm walking around the mall and I get cut off by a mom with a stroller. It pisses me off!
                        ~Bill Mlinac

Comment

Under age........

First of all they serve ALCOHOL!!!

There is probly alot of haunt owners that want to bring their kids , I have a 14 year old thats always wanted to come to the show...
                          they said the same thing , " but i work at a haunt".....
                          Minors, by Law can`t enter into Business contracts until their 18.....

I think thats TW`s take on it ??

Comment

I would call them!

I think you have good chance of getting around this.
                            Just call as many people as you can at Transworld 1 800 323-5462 and tell them you are opening you own haunt and you have the credentials to prove it!
                            sigpic
                            PEACE, ADAM
                            www.poisonprops.com

Comment

alllright thank you.
                              i will give them a call and hopefully prove myself worthy ahhaha
                              but anyway, the whole acohol thing shouldnt have anything to do with it cause you have to be 21 to drink not 18.
                              So really, legally the 18 law is put up by them, and has nothing to do with legality.

Comment

Working...
                              X