Haunt Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunt Music

Just out of curiosity. Being accquainted with the industry, i think we can all say we've heard of Midnight Syndicate and Nox Arcana respectfully, and both are no doubt masterful musicians for the Haunted House Market. Their soundtracks are legendary, and easily accessable during the season, but I was wondering if anyone here has taken the liberty of creating their own Haunt soundtracks from scratch.
    As an Amature haunter, just recently have I started composing music I've always hoped was suitable for haunting, and when the season comes back I hope to show these to the head of the haunted house I volunteer for as an actor. Before I continue cranking more, I just wanted some advice on the subject and see if its just too weird of a thing. I've already made some tracks if anyone wishes to hear them in the future.
    Goblins, Ghoulies, Creatures and Frights, We summon you now, to dance through the night!
    -Madame Leota, Phantom manor

I've considered it, but then again, I can't carry a tune in the shower, so we never did. I did a little research into having some local (pro) guys do some original tracks for us, but that gets expensive quick.

In addition to Nox and MS, Virgil does some really cool stuff as well. I like his Klown album.
    -Brandon Kelm
    Operations Manager & Technical Director

sigpic

Comment

If you enjoy doing it... keep composing! It doesn't cost you anything but time and you will only get better and better at it. I'm guessing whoever runs your local haunt would love to hear some original stuff you would let them use.

And I would also venture to say that when you have some decent stuff up and running that there would be haunts on here who would be interested in using your original music for their haunt.

In the beginning you won't make anything, but you could offer the tracks in exchange for a credit on their website and on location.

The haunt would get something out of it as well by being able to mention they have original music written for their attraction. "Original Fearhouse Soundtrack composed by Bobocyco." ... for example. All just more of a selling point for an attraction.

I'm in the process of writing an original score for our attraction and fully plan on exploiting that anyway that I can... lol.

Yes Midnight Syndicate does great work, but it is a big big world out there my friend. Always room for more original music.

So compose away!
      Michael Inks
      Geist Entertainment, Inc.
      www.geistentertainment.com
      "If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney

Comment

It's hard to find good music out there. I have thought about doing my own one day. I'm not a fan of Midnight Syndicate at all. I'm not bashing them I just don't find their music very good. That's just me thought.
        ~Bill Mlinac
        The Deadland Haunted House
        www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
        www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

I say go for it! I know that The Scarehouse creates their own soundtrack. You can check out their music myspace page here: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=395101865

I'm sure the owners of the haunt you work for will be flattered that you took the time to make the tracks yourself.

If you would be willing to post them, I'd love to hear them!

Good luck!
          Zach Wiechmann
          www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

You should go for it man! What programs do you use for composing?

Just recently, I thought I'd give it a shot as well and I've created several tracks that have been quite popular around a few haunt forums.

I currently do film scores for student and independent films in Los Angeles, CA and I just did this for the fun of it.

Let me know if you need any help!

Last edited by MooreEnt24; 02-25-2009, 03:27 AM.
            G.W. Streicher
            GWS Films | GWS Music | IMDB

Comment

Working...
            X