Cool Organ Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Organ Video

A buddy of mine, and virtuoso organist, pointed this video out to me.

The organ, while usually seen as a "creepy" instrument, is a wonderous
    creation that yields the most organic (no pun) music.

This is an incredible "behind-the-scenes" look at one of the large, historic pipe organs in Paris.
    If you can get past all the clattering (which normally only the organist would hear), you will
    hear some very sublime, rhapsodic playing.

Note the mechanical coupling of the keyboards and pedalboard
    - really looks kind of eerie, doesn't it!

SEE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVJq8...elated&search=

(Note to the "uninitiated" - this 100-stop organ was built in St. Sulpice Church in Paris in 1862 by the French builder Cavaille-Coll. The instrument contained elements from the previous organ of 1781. It has since been renovated, enlarged and modified three times (1903, 1934 and 1991); however, unlike most other Cavaille-Coll instruments, this St. Sulpice masterpiece retains the spirit and integrity of Cavaille-Coll's work. For info & photos, see
    http://www.stsulpice.com
    Virgil: Master Of The Ethermuse

I admit, I was a bit disappointed when she didn't whip off her mask at the conclusion and scare me with her skully face!
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

antee emm playing the organ.that is scary

Comment

..oh. THAT kind of organ!
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

That was a pretty good post Virgil! It was almost like the Discovery Channel! Only cause you had to read it and make your head work instead of having some talking head tell it to you.
          sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Our Church was built in the early 1800's and still has the original pipe organs. That thing is Massive. But, you're right, when you are standing next to the organ, you hear all of the clicking from all of the petals and buttons. But, when you are in the church it is an awesome sound.

I got married last year and it made for a great ceremony. That reminds me... My 1 year annivesary is this month!

- Glenn Campbell

Haunted Hotel - Louisville, KY
            Industrial Nightmare - Jeffersonville, IN
            http://www.hauntednetwork.com

Comment

Originally posted by Scaremaster
              Our Church was built in the early 1800's and still has the original pipe organs. That thing is Massive. But, you're right, when you are standing next to the organ, you hear all of the clicking from all of the petals and buttons. But, when you are in the church it is an awesome sound.

I got married last year and it made for a great ceremony. That reminds me... My 1 year annivesary is this month!

Congratulations!
              www.mindseizure.com
              www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Working...
              X