No announcement yet.

Haunt Seminars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have sold an actor training DVD for a few years and am working on a second volume now, PM me for more info if you wish. Actors truly are the heart beat of haunts, It is the thing that owners should invest the most in.
    Allen H
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Allen, I sent you a PM.

Thanks,
      Sarah
      Sarah Meier
      Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
      "Words they remember you by"

Comment

Barry at MHC

I was approached and signed a release for both of my classes at MHC this year, and they video-taped the whole time.
        I was contacted before hand and brought the release form with me. And was all official MHC communication, I beleive from Neena.
        I was told I'd get a copy, so I'll have to find the guy's address again.
        Just thought I would toss that out there!
        Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

Beginner Make UpDVD's

I found, as a makeup artist, that Dvd's helped me tremendously to get motivated and try out new techniques.
          (Insert horn blow here LOL)
          I've done 2 beginner makeup dvd's with Evilusions, because I thought it could really get someone jumpstarted into doing good makeup.

Comment

Katie: I believe that the recordings were being done in conjunction with John Kennedy (Haunted Attraction). I know my classes were recorded as well.
            Katie Lane
            Partner/VP
            Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
            sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Well I have purchased a few websites to promote seminars for the haunt industry and am In the process of putting together the site along with a few of my own videos however I would love to make it a much larger of a venue and would love to work with others for material rights or something where I would package/market (including making the video look better and burning) so if any one is interested please PM me.

Comment

Katie,

My first reply was made back in March and referred to the 2008 show.

In 2009 we were approached John who offered to record select classes and provide them on his website. We agreed with a few conditions: 1. The instructor had to agree and sign off on it. 2. There would be NO CHARGE for viewing them. 3. Provide a DVD to the instructor.

I would assume that, with the launch of his new site, they will be available in the near future.

Comment

Wow, I feel ridiculous...

Sorry Barry, maybe I should pay attention to dates before I jump on my keyboard...

I really like the conditions that you set, who wants someone else making moola off of our hard work, right?

Look forward to coming back iin 2010!!

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightEvil View Post
                    Barry you hit the nail on the head.

I did the DVDs for HauntX for two years on speculation.
                    1st year was just one room, 2 cameras, 2 cameramen, 14 hours of seminars
                    2nd year it was 2 rooms, 4 cameras, 4 cameramen, 28 hours of seminars
                    To this day I have yet to cover my cost. People say they want them, but when it
                    comes down to parting with there cash, it's a hole different story.

i remember editing a series of these dvds for Gary along time ago. it was good practice for us starting out in the video biz. not being a haunt owner.....i still found it very informative and interesting. I'm really surprised i havent seen more of these seminar recordings sold on the market. But if you are not making any money on them.....i see were you have to move on!
                    Pre-Produced and Custom Haunted Attraction TV Commercials at www.elswarro.com

Comment

Just for thought What would attract those who have taped seminars to partisipate with a 3rd party.

For those looking for videos what are you looking for and would any Haunt owner be interested.

Comment

Hey don't forget books. Tim Harkleroad's new book is really informative, I hear, plus Tim's a handsome devil.

http://www.kronehouse.net/booksales.html

KroneDaddy
                        Hauntus Emeritus
                        Founding Board Member I.A.H.A.
                        Author "The Complete Haunted House Book"

We'll make your house everything you've ever HAUNTED!

Comment

I'm guessing that the DVDs would appeal to those who couldn't be at the show, but wished they could be, and want the information?

Comment

Originally posted by DarkTikiEntertainment View Post
                            I'm guessing that the DVDs would appeal to those who couldn't be at the show, but wished they could be, and want the information?
                            That is correct

Comment

Originally posted by KroneDaddy View Post
                              Hey don't forget books. Tim Harkleroad's new book is really informative, I hear, plus Tim's a handsome devil.

http://www.kronehouse.net/booksales.html

KroneDaddy
                              Well Tim, I don't know about the "handsome devil" part. LOL
                              But you do have one hell of a good book. If anyone is going
                              to build a pro haunt you need this book, it will save you time
                              and money. This is a must have book.

Hey Tim we should make your book into a DVD
                              How cool would that be
                              Gary
                              Midnight Evil Productions
                              www.MidnightEvil.com
                              Owner/Operator of www.CoffinCreek.com/
                              www.Twitter.com/CoffinCreek

Comment

We are in production of some videos, the website for the seminars is under development.

For Anyone that already has some video taped and those with books who would like us to sell them PM me and we can work out a deal.

here is some things to know on videos

1. we would edit, enhance and produce it to get the best looking video
                                2. We will do all the converting for the website
                                3. Free videos on site but also we plan to sell videos as well
                                4. Let us know, becuase if you want to sell we will do everything and work a % out

Comment

Working...
                                X