Wisconsin Here I come...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin Here I come...

I will be gone folks for two days going to Wisconsin where I'll be doing some photo and video work on some really kick ass attractions we built. Also will be finishing the attractions ... so will be gone for two days.

At this same location we're building an awesome HAUNTED HOUSE. I told Leonard Pickel about it maybe he'll tour the thing for Hauntcon. I'm thinking it will be done in time for Hauntcon but not sure.

I'll get you more details soon!

Take care and be nice!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Larry!

The Ravens Grin is just 35 miles from Wisconsin on the western edge of illinois. If you are flying tell me and I'll turn on all the house lights so you can parachute more accurately(the coyotes travel in big packs this winter!)
    And if you will be traveling to the Ed Gein Shrine, "Father and inspiration to gory haunted houses and numerous movies, well that's not really a long, long way away from here either, as the raven flys.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Good for you larry, I am sure it will be great!! however dont forget about MORGAN MANOR AND ALL THE OTHER GREAT HAUNTS OUT THERE on the tour!!!

Jason Blaszczak

Comment

Jason,

I'm well aware that all of these haunt events like NHC, MHC, and Hauntcon will be touring multiple haunts. Hard to judge which one has the best haunt tours, but when you consider the shere amount of MHC that is hard to beat. Bates Motel at NHC hmmm that will be hard to top I'm sure.

I don't know much about the haunts being toured at Hauntcon. I know you speak of Morgan Manor, I know that is a temporary show. Terror On the Fox isn't that being toured? I know they will have that thing looking sweet!!! I will not make Hauntcon but I'm sure many people will.

Anyway I know Hauntcon is making stops through the Dells, which is where we are doings tons of attractions for a major client of ours. We have already built 2 blacklight mini golf attractions one of which called 'Wild Abyss' features real sharks and everything.

Anyway the same client is having us build a haunted house now ... the theme will be an old haunted hotel like western theme.

It won't have any actors or one at most. Every scene will feature animations and cgi effects.

I hope we can build it and install it before Hauntcon. I hope everyone can check it out if we get it done in time.

I'll keep you updated.

I'm actually in Wisconsin now up here in the Dells. Will be back on Thursday.

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

Larry,

I just left the Della area a day ago for business.

If you are in WI, we should hook up and do a live interview instead of phone. Could be pretty interesting. Meet at a restaurant or something. If you have time maybe we can meet halfway.

What attractions are you working on at the dells? Is this a current install or something for the upcoming tourist season?

Jonathan

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
          http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
          "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
          http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

You should come over here where I am at and I'll show you the attractions we are working on. I'll be here tonight until about 8:30pm.

You wanna come down call me or just come down and call me.

I'll be here.

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

What where we doing in Wisconsin? Building the WORLDS first blacklight mini golf aquarium with real sharks, eels, and all sorts of ocean fish. Here are some pics...

I can upload more later if anyone is interested. I'm really tired went to bed at 6am woke up at 8am and now its 2am.

Going to bed.

Larry
              Attached Files
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

Oh you really did do an aquarium/golf thing? I thought that was a joke.
                Last edited by mindtumor; 03-06-2009, 03:00 PM.
                Jared Layman

Comment

SWEET pix man. I was too far away from the Dells before Thursday. I am about 1.5 hours away and couldn't make it in time. But I will be there again in 2 weeks. Let me know if I can set up an arrangement to go and see the place behind the scenes for RFR.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
                  http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
                  "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
                  http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

No I wasn't kidding. We got some help from Breck of who also owns a haunted house. Breck owns a Wild Animal park in Branson. Its good to know people in the haunt industry because almost everyone of is has another talent, and we're all do it yourselfer kind of people. Almost every project I've done and I'm talking major ones I've used someone in this industry to help me.

Haunters can do anything if we want to!

Larry
                    Attached Files
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

I was talking about that video you made. I thought you guys made up that part at the end about the golf aquarium for effect. I didn't think you were joking about going to Wisconsin this week and installing an attraction.
                      Jared Layman

Comment

Very nice work, I like the way everything just pops. People must just stand in these mini golf courses and stare.
                        Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Here are some more pics.

Next we're building them a western mini golf and a western themed haunted house. It should be cool. I'm just traveling all over the place. NExt week I'm going to Branson about another attraction. Things are looking up I hope!

Larry
                          Attached Files
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President

Comment

Wisconsin Dells not be negative is/was insane with pricing, my parents took me 25 years ago and it was so expensive my parents limited us to one attraction a day. (and we were a well off family back then)

I remember the ride home and my mom saying it would have been cheaper to go to Disney World!

Family of five to sit in a boat with wheels and look at rocks would run you a 100 bucks!

That was in 1980,can't imagine how bad it is now.

Spent the other half of our day looking for a hotel room clean enough to live up to Mom's expectations. That family vacation was a total bust, never went back.

Comment

Working...
                            X