This post somewhat is in follow-up to the thread that nzanesmith posted about asking what actors want. But what are your tips for working with Volunteer actors. This year my focus is to recruit volunteer actors in hopes that they are interested in the business. Even interested enough to continue for more seasons.
My ideas so far are:
-get to know the group once recruited and find out what recognition they prefer.
- starting rewards for "best actor" of the night.
- focus on teaching them makeup and acting skills that they can use.
- Most important; stressing the importance of safety and how to deal with difficult situations
- Finding an actors "fit" what room might work with there personality and giving them tips on what to say or do so they can enjoy and make there room there own and a success.
- having a quick meeting after each night to get opinions of how the night went and maybe what could be done better.
I'm hoping to get more insight as so that hopefully we can keep the same actors on each year who do want to grow with our haunt. And for those who dont; they have an experience that was positive.