IAHA @ Transworld?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IAHA @ Transworld?

Anyone know if IAHA will have a booth? I might be interested in joining...
    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Ditto!

Comment

IAHA is on the Transworld list of vendors. The booth is usually maned by current members who can answer any of your questions.
      Mike Bizub

Ghouls Gulch www.GHOULSGULCH.com

Comment

. and I heard they raise money at the booth by selling kisses..
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

But who will be doing the kissing? :shock:
          Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
          Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

usually maned? what is this, lions and Christians out there?
            The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

IAHA will indeed have a booth at Transworld, is sponsoring the Frozen Tundra Fright Tour and will be having a casket basket auction, but you should NOT wait until Transworld to join.

The deadline to join and be listed in the IAHA Directory (which is distributed at TW) is January 31st. You can join online at www.HauntedHouseAssociation.org or by emailing Jim Smith at treasurer@hauntedhouseassociation.org

Oh yeah, and if there are kisses to be sold they will most likely be from our lovely secretary Deanna Roberts Morton. I'll let her know there might be a line this year!

BB
              Brett Bertolino
              Terror Behind the Walls
              Eastern State Penitentiary Historic Site, Inc.
              www.TerrorBehindtheWalls.com
              www.EasternState.org

Comment

Originally posted by BrettBertolino
                Oh yeah, and if there are kisses to be sold they will most likely be from our lovely secretary Deanna Roberts Morton. I'll let her know there might be a line this year!

BB
                Uh....
                Ms. Morton doesn't exactly float my boat, if you know what I mean. Sorry, Deanna. No offense. :wink: Any chance lips from the male persuasion can be available as well? :twisted:

Comment

If I recall they used to offer a book on haunting and haunt ideas with a membership. Do they still offer that?

Comment

IAHA is really trying to turn things around to benefit the industry. What IAHA really needs more than ANYTHING is new and dedicated haunters to run for its board. Several board members will be stepping down this year, and haunters will have to step up and help.

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President
                    www.HalloweenProductions.com
                    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

What benefits does joining IAHA get you, other than being able to say you are a member?
                      Thanks,
                      PH
                      www.HauntGraphics.com

Comment

On the 29th, the question was posed as to what the benefits are of joining. No one has given an answer to that question, or are your lack of answers my answer?

Comment

Hey XXXdirk

The reason your not getting a response is, only you can answer that
                          question, "Is IAHA worth joining"

What my be a benefit to some my not be for you and a benefit for you,
                          may not be for me. One other thing to think about, how much do you
                          want to get involved. Do you want to help build and shape the association
                          or just kick back and let others do everything.

In the past IAHA was like a social club, but now it's working on becoming
                          a real trade association. Who's main goal is to promote and educate.

The best thing to do is to stop by the IAHA booth at TW so you can ask all
                          your questions and make an informed decision.

PS
                          Don't forget to meet me for that drink.
                          Gary
                          Midnight Evil Productions
                          www.MidnightEvil.com
                          Owner/Operator of www.CoffinCreek.com/
                          www.Twitter.com/CoffinCreek

Comment

This is just my opinion, which you all know by now is probably wrong and misguided.

The IAHA has a lofty goal which depends entirely on support from haunters at all levels. It isn't distributing government funds or working from the budget of a foundation of money put up by the Industrial age, so, it must constantly solicit for any project it intends to follow up.

I would liken this to an organization similar to the local chamber of commerce only you would be expected to travel a few times a year half way across the country and inter those expenses usually at another large event such as Transworld or where ever IAAPA will be. This might be great as it coincides with major events of interest but, never the less it is a demand on the membership to devote time and resources.

Thus it becomes a personal commitment to attend and participate and discuss the eveolution over a great time of very limited resources attempting to serve a country wide industry. Further, these established goals are adopted and to be carried out by elected officials similarly with no resources dedicated, entirely on passion and committing a large portion of their own resources and fair amounts of time.

My question would be as well what would you expect? For instance Larry got nation wide articles published and ongoing lists of the top haunted houses but, I'm sure if he wanted to this could have been done with out the input of the wider populace just as easily.

I'm not sure what else could be expected of a group on a regular basis and if there is additionally no concensus of opinion it simply goes into long periods of delayed progress. It must be manned and supported by those with great resources that must somehow accept being subservient and this is not a proper match.

On the education side, there is nothing wrong with the safety books and understanding codes or providing other information or even being the network to tackel certain events. But, this puts the actual character of the leaders actually being somebody or having the posture to be someone they aren't to be effective.

The whole thing is a tough gig with as many disappointments in potential as long term possible successes. On the same token, any gathering and getting the chance to meet others may be something that no one can put a price on. To be able to in the future walk into any room at variuos parts of the country and know everyone and insome cases take those relationships out into the real world. Perhaps just walking around a show floor is not an intimate introduction or interaction.

Doesn't this sound exciting!

Sadly it is a have and have not situation. Only those that can schedule time and travel get to participate. Only those that can side track their current responsibilities or reallocate time get to make a differnence. Truely succesfull people generally already belong to organizations they belong to on a more local basis. For example, in Texas we have the TAHA which is totally free to become a member and is a consortium for those wishing to pool advertising. It has by itself a tough goal to overcome as the 50 or so haunts are of diverse income levels and are physically spread out over a 900 by 500 or more mile region. You are 5 hours from anywhere if you drive real fast.

As everyones real resources have dwindled and perhaps focused more on each event, this is a burden. Not every haunt patron population is such that you hire a manager and wander away from the on going activities or that resources would be better spent on the event. This dictates the type of people that would be the members of a country wide organization or even a larger state organization.

You end up with only successful people not willing to be subservient and those with upwardly mobile occupations that have no haunt experience as yet eager to learn by doing. The content ends up skewed as a result somehow directed by Roges Rules of Order.

I personally would rather physically travel (when feasible) to any haunt to meet first hand the individuals involved or attend regional tradeshows and gatherings meeting my core group of associates and keep the resources tight and toward ultimately the event I am sponsoring. The IAHA products might certainly be a great value from what I have seen for becoming a member and the logo certainly adds credablity to a haunts website that it conforms to perhaps a country wide vision of operations. But, that is kind of a lie for a number of start ups. There is no ability to police the quality of someone using this banner and so it has as much a risk as it does a potential benefit.

In a way IAHA has been forced to bend to the greater vision of anyone anywhere reguardless of proper funding must be educated as well as possible. It is the "no dysfunctional child left behind program" with the only regulating factor being that the price of black plastic has gone up. Then if they do aknowledge they have some bucks they need any number of consultants who have been stalking the group members list to expidite the wild ride. Sure, you can do it! We all have faith in you! You are somebody! Here's your T-shirt! That looks good on you!

It may well be something evil, the very engine of enslavement and fund reallocation created by our Godfather? Or it is the happy feel good group of a life time like the 11th step of an AAA meeting? It may work for some.
                            sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

11th step? I kicked inhaling fog juice many, many years ago, I don't do it now, I can't my body won't let me, but where can I get a quick gallon? ANYBODY? PLEEZE!

OK, It passed, I'm better now.
                              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                              X