Zombieland!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zombieland!

There are a bunch of decent budget films shooting in Atlanta at the moment and one of them is ZOMBIELAND. Last night they shot at NETHERWORLD with a crew of about 150 people, if you can believe that!

This movie is a horror comedy, sort of like Shaun of the Dead, but the Zombies are pretty serious. In the film the characters are running around an amusement park being chased by Zombies, and one of them runs into a Haunted house and NETHERWORLD is the interior.

The cool thing is this is a pretty major movie and it will be released (if all goes well) October 9th of this year! So think about it... a major crossover horror/comedy movie featuring a haunted house being released next October! We are thrilled especially but I think it will be good for haunts eveywhere!

Who knows what will make it into the film for sure, but plenty of props from industry vendors are likely to be seen, including the Headless Horseman and the Rock Monster!

It was a lot of fun, but they shot a bunch of zombies, and props so the place was a mess with sicky gore everywhere.

This is the Imdb page -

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1156398/

Thanks!
    Ben Armstrong
    NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
    www.Fearworld.com
    www.NetherworldNetwork.com

I had read about the idea of this project a couple of months ago on some website, glad to see it has become a reality. Congrats at them filming at Netherworld!
    Jared Layman

Comment

Hay Ben, will you see NETHERWORLD in the movie credits? That would be cool.
      Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Congrats Ben! I'd like to see this movie when it gets released. When I Volunteered at a haunt by me about 4 years ago. Some Film crew wanted to make a short film inside her haunt. But I guess it never worked out. I thought it would have been kind of exciting.
        ~Bill Mlinac
        The Deadland Haunted House
        www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
        www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

Awesome news Ben! Congratulations!

Kel
          sigpic
          Kelly Allen
          Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
          www.RaycliffManor.com
          www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
          www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Originally posted by Speculo View Post
            It was a lot of fun, but they shot a bunch of zombies, and props so the place was a mess with sicky gore everywhere.
            Oh yeah.. I'd better get up there & clean it up..:roll: LOL.. it was fun though!
            Weird seeing all the big rigs in our parking lot!
            We couldn't take any of our own pix of the actual filming. I will say that the makeup jobs were looking really good & gross!
            missjayne
            Netherworld Haunted Attractions
            http://www.fearworld.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Motograter View Post
              Congrats Ben! I'd like to see this movie when it gets released. When I Volunteered at a haunt by me about 4 years ago. Some Film crew wanted to make a short film inside her haunt. But I guess it never worked out. I thought it would have been kind of exciting.
              Are you sure they wanted to or is that something she just said...
              Jared Layman

Comment

We had a movie shot in our haunt in Owensboro, KY. over last summer. Well...officially it is dubbed a supernatural thriller rather than a true horror movie. Very campy and even comical at times. My wife and I did all the practical and make up FX for the film. We've been in the haunt biz for many years, but doing FX for film is certainly a different animal than haunted houses. You can check out the info and even a few clips of the movie here:
                http://www.hallowsevemovie.com
                We had an absolute ball doing the project, although I would never, EVER offer to do another one in our haunt again. Because of the intense news coverage of the movie the haunt received a tremendous amount of local publicity, but the shooting schedule really cut into our build time for the upcoming season. And another bonus in doing this is that we have been approached by another producer to work on a new horror film that is being shot this spring.
                http://www.theironkingdom.com

Comment

Originally posted by mindtumor View Post
                  Are you sure they wanted to or is that something she just said...
                  No it's true because I was in the "haunt office" checking all the E-mails for her
                  ~Bill Mlinac
                  The Deadland Haunted House
                  www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
                  www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X