Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skull Kingdom Story On line...

Read on folks...

It even has a quote in there from Pickel and myself.

I don't agree with Pickels reasons why the place closed, because a tourist trap is a tourist trap. Doesn't matter what was inside just whats outside and the lobby. Heck if it mattered what was inside Ripleys would have gone out of business a long time ago. Ripleys all seem the same once you've seen one you've seen them all... its the outside that matters most.

Skull Kingdoms facade although cool, was confusing to tourists. What is it? Is it a dinner show, another t-shirt shop, an arcade what?

If he had spent that money to build the ultimate haunted house facade, the adams family home, with rott iron gates, and the whole bit that place would have busted at the seems with business.

Anyway here is the story...
    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busin...orl-home-promo
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

...I have to agree ....

My entire family works with our haunt and I couldn't convince them to go. And I was in their parking lot arguing my case when I lost this battle! Now if a family where everyone acts at a haunt doesn't find the building exciting looking enough to go in then what hope did they have? You could count the cars in the parking lot and know they did not have many actors. And after attending any one of the competing parks he would have had to have one HELL of a show for it to work. And I think thats what killed it.... I really wanted to go...my entire family saw it as a let down....

It was just cheesy feeling... and couldn't draw you in... and of all places in Orlando where everything is overdone like that.
    http://www.innerfears.com/
    http://www.innerfearshauntedhouse.com

Comment

so where is this auction taking place?i just want a souvenir

Comment

It seemed to me that they never fully utilized the possibilities of that place. It had so much potential but when we went back in February it seemed like it was being run by amateurs with NO passion for the biz. Scenes seemed incomplete. And I have visited this haunt numerous times since Im from Orlando but it never lived up to the potential. As far as the facade goes it always looked good and sparked interest. My daughters were fascinated by it. But It was real pricey for such a short walk thru. I hate to see it close because the right people could have dominated this industry in there. I would love to score some of those props at auction too. If anyone gets details please let me know!
        ALBANYFRIGHTNIGHTS.COM-THE WEBSITE OF THE SCARIEST SHOW IN SOUTH GEORGIA!!!!

Comment

I really liked skull kingdoms beginning,the facade,the 10 air cannons that hit u after lil movie,and the flying demon,after that it was a bland walkthrough.Cant have that with haunted mansion around the corner

Comment

The auction is supposed to happen before the end of January. When I find out the dates, I will post it here. From what I have heard, the auction will be open to the public. The owner wants everything OUT.

Comment

The owner was kind enough to give me a brief walk through today. Even with some of the lights on that place gave me more creeps then a lot of haunted houses did during Halloween.
              Paul Michael Janousek
              MindGame Productions
              http://www.mindgame-productions.com/

'Neutrality does not exist in the face of murder. Doing nothing to stop it is, in fact, choosing. It is not being neutral.'

Comment

Maybe that is how a really scary haunted house should be operated for maximum effect?
                Lights mostly off, no sound system, quiet as the grave......lonesome too!
                Then.......GOTCHA!!!!
                What if a bum would have been sleeping in a coffin there then started choking and gagging?
                Might have been pretty effective, aye?
                Anybody reading this ever been scared by a bum who unexpectidly was "there". ?

insert evil laugh here~
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

It is definitely bad ettiquette to be showing your bum!
                  sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

much less sitting your bum in your coffin as well as showing you bum?
                    The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Working...
                    X