No announcement yet.

Question about mist/rain machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, I was wondering....we're good...no problems here. You guys all geared up for the Return of Nightmare in Painesville? If so wish you the best!

John
    Last edited by xtremecreator; 03-18-2009, 11:07 AM.

Comment

I don't see that being a major problem at our haunt since we tear everything down every year being that we don't have a permanent building yet.
      ~Bill Mlinac
      The Deadland Haunted House
      www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
      www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

Thats what I would suggest too non slip mats. Maybe somekind of drain system if feasable or able to do it affordably. You may have someone with push squeeges and mops to clean up in between groups but that would get old after a while. If you bought it from Oakisland they should give you pointers on the best way to use it. Or maybe you can just use it in an outdoor area or just outside your haunt maybe on asphault or concrete if there is any. You can put down non slip tape if it makes the surface slick.
        Damon
        Damon Carson

Comment

I can see it now, wet moldy mulch will have to be continously cleaned up after being tracked through out the haunt. How much water does this stupid thing put out? I have a great idea on how to do this without it dripping on people.
          Jared Layman

Comment

Wet mulch sticks together and the more its walked on the better the surface. You would be surprised how little getts kicked around.

It did not get tracked out in our haunt because the rain forest was the last room before exiting . Need to plan.....You dont want to exit the forest room then send them to another room with wet feet on smooth concrete or wood floors. They will slip. Plan..Plan...Plan
            Last edited by xtremecreator; 03-18-2009, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Re-Bar Was On Sale!

I needed to make traction inside of the concrete exit tunel. I welded re-bar pieces close together to elevate the feet above the water. As an extra FX bonus standing water reflects from under the re-bar and some people assume they are walking over a deep watery pit.
              Re-bar has those little grip castings, so far none of them have worn off(I don't think they will)
              I would suggest thinking twice using water for an effect if you live in a northern climate.
              I'm not sure but I think the formula for ice involves water.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Jim are your pm's full or is it just that time of the month?! LOL! Ive tried sending you a few about your haunted house stories and didnt get anything back. Stop ignoring me I know where you live! Brewhahaha!
                Damon
                Damon Carson

Comment

Cheap pallets

We put down pallets (the stronger oak ones, not pine) to make a walkway in wet /muddy areas. Fill in the gaps with slats from other pallets - but not entirely, leave a little space for the rain to go thru.

Wet it down and test it for slipperieness. Sometimes the wood gets slippery. If so, take a skill saw, set the blade to just 1/8" +/-, and rake shallow cuts back and forth to rough up the slats.

A popular pallet size is 40" x 48", makes a good path.
                  ----
                  Your Pain, My Thrill...
                  Steve
                  Haunted Mines - Colorado Springs
                  http://HauntedMines.org

Comment

what about a raised floor, just one or two inches with metal grating or the like and on top of that whatever type of ground you want... crushed gravel would drain well or the fake grass with holes in it. Have your floor slop slightly to one side and have a pvc drain to the out side or a collection area and recirculate the water
                    Holy crap scaring people is fun!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X