Question about mist/rain machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about mist/rain machine

Hey guys, so I bought this mist/rain machine from Oak Island. I've been testing it out and it seems like a great prop. So my question is, anybody else here have the same thing and how do YOU use it? Because I am worried about the standing water and puddles that this thing is going to produce on the pathway. I never thought about this problem until I recieved it LOL. My plan is to use it inside our graveyard room this year.
    ~Bill Mlinac
    The Deadland Haunted House
    www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
    www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

If you have real soil in that grave yard room and the flow of water is too high then it shouldn't be a problem from night to night. Vincent This Time!
    Its A Verbal Orgy on Steroids!

Comment

ive thought the same thing about there maggot dropper. cause it shoots down water as well.
      No idea what you would do inside
      Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

Originally posted by oakhillshaunterTHEFEAR View Post
        If you have real soil in that grave yard room and the flow of water is too high then it shouldn't be a problem from night to night. Vincent This Time!
        Are you saying to put down soil on the path? But then it would create mud and people would be tracking mud throughout the haunt.
        ~Bill Mlinac

Comment

I think he means, if you plan on having real soil in the scene, that if the water flow is not high, you shouldn't have a problem.

Dusytn
          ________
          Honda NSR150
          Last edited by dusty588; 01-24-2011, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Bill you might try that artificial grass they sell. It should stand up tall enough to let the water run under it. I dont know if it would work but you might give it a try.
            Greg
            Fearfest
            Greg Allen
            scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
            www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

Yeah... I've got one of those in my rainforest.... The floors were soaked... you can turn the mister and drip heads and they will slow down the output... but yes you are going to have a WET area if you use these! we had dark carpeting down that absorbed most of the water so people wouldnt slip and we would just use a wet vac to suck it up at the end of the night!

-Tim
              Tim Bunch
              House Of Horrors And Haunted Catacombs
              www.houseofhorrorsbuffalo.com

Comment

Originally posted by HouseOfHorrors View Post
                Yeah... I've got one of those in my rainforest.... The floors were soaked... you can turn the mister and drip heads and they will slow down the output... but yes you are going to have a WET area if you use these! we had dark carpeting down that absorbed most of the water so people wouldnt slip and we would just use a wet vac to suck it up at the end of the night!

-Tim
                I have a feeling that this is what we are going to have to do.
                ~Bill Mlinac

Comment

rubber mat

I would suggest a rubber mat with holes in it that commercial sites use. They allow drainage but keep people out of puddles. Attached is a pic of what I'm talking about. You might find cheaper mats on ebay.
                  Hope this helps.

Tom
                  Attached Files
                  Tom
                  Creator of the Dungeon
                  WWW.BRICKTOWNAMUSEMENT.COM

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                    I would suggest a rubber mat with holes in it that commercial sites use. They allow drainage but keep people out of puddles. Attached is a pic of what I'm talking about. You might find cheaper mats on ebay.
                    Hope this helps.

Tom
                    Hey thanks Tom, I got those at work and they do work well. I'll keep these in mind
                    ~Bill Mlinac

Comment

Does your building have any floor drains? If you could get your wet scene near a floor drain, and use the industrial floor drainage mats, you'd be set.
                      Brian Warner
                      Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
                      Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
                      Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

Forget all of the above suggestions

We tried everything stated above...no good....we tried rubber matts the whole 9 yards. This is what you do. WOOD MULCH WALKWAYS. The more wet it gets the more stable the walking surface. It absorbs all the water.

We did have floor drains every 8 ft but they did not drain because the mulch would eventually clog them no matter how well you tried to screen them. You want at the very least 4 to 6 inches. We bordered the mulch walkway with railroad ties. Re- Rake daily....keep a pile of mulch on hand to cover over the surface each day .

Our indoor rain forest was on almst continuesly thoughout the entire month. We had to keep it raining because we had live trees, vines and plants that needed to be watered and it was the request of the fire dept. It was the only way they would let us do it. Our rain forest was 20,000 sq ft. Mulch is the best and most authentic looking way of doing it. Rubber matts, artifical grass and so on is just not real looking it takes away of what your trying to accomplish......

John
                        Last edited by xtremecreator; 03-18-2009, 09:49 AM.

Comment

The only problem with wet mulch indoors is that it puts actors in the hospital after 3 weekends of mold and bacteria growth.
                          Brian Warner

Comment

Come on Brian. You were there.... where was the mold? There is no mold if you take care of it and rake it out daily. READ ABOVE. You were there. HELLO! So who got sick? Since Im the one in control of the whole production who did that happen to??? None. Did not expect a comment like that from you.... Is there a problem?

John
                            Last edited by xtremecreator; 03-18-2009, 10:22 AM.

Comment

No problems. I was just saying that water and organic matter in a dark enclosed space for 5 weeks or more is not a healthy thing for actors. That's all. No attatcks or anything intended.
                              Brian Warner

Comment

Working...
                              X