Comment

Cool! Thanks PH!

Kel
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

That is a really nifty idea! Expensive, but nifty!
          www.mindseizure.com
          www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

There was some talk a while back on the Technical Insanity message board about the possibilities of making a home made version of the Fog Screen, but I don’t think anyone came up with a plan. It seems like something similar could be created. It wouldn’t need to be as cohesive a screen as the Fog Screen has to project a ghost for a haunted house.
            sigpic
            Louis Brown
            Owner, operator, and dish washer
            at
            DarkWood Manor

Comment

Originally posted by PumpkinHead
              I beleive it is somewhere around $100,000 for one of them ..
              Told ya...

I also checked into planning a lowbudget garage built version . That was gonna run me nearly $1000 for parts not to mention the building of it with no garantee of it even working. so I just filed it under in the not on my budget file.

But dang,,, it would be an AWESOME effect
              http://www.myspace.com/joedog158
              Personal MySpace

My Mottos:
              When in doubt, get the hell out - Jason Hawes

Of all the things I have taught you, remember this:
              If you see me running, KEEP UP! - Joe Dog

Comment

Joedog
                You need to take one for the team, and try to build your $1000 version Nothing ventured nothing gained, right?
                Maybe we can raise some R&D money from all the people on the different boards to fund your experiment.
                sigpic
                Louis Brown
                at
                DarkWood Manor

Comment

Hey Joedog,
                  Don't get started too soon. I think I might be able to get some reliable instructions for a cheaper version.
                  -PH
                  www.HauntGraphics.com

Comment

The Fog Screen costs $98,000.00. We were going to become a distributor for this product until we heard the price. It is a great effect but unless your Disney who can afford it. We are going to work on a much more affortable version in the near future. We'll keep you posted.

David Love
                    Hollow 3D Productions
                    http://www.hollow3d.com
                    hollow3d@pacbell.net
                    805-579-0585

Comment

Definitely keep us posted David! And I'm really looking forward to checking out your Hollow 3D product at TW!!!

Kel
                      Chris Riehl
                      Sales@spookyfinder.com
                      (586)209-6935
                      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

$98.000.00 but how much of that is profit? VCRs first cost over a $1,000.00 now they give them away.
                        Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

It's a chicken coop mister without the fan. Scary reflections of chickens if you are at the right angle. I'd say an $800 pressure washer, $300 used and the right tips on a pipe. You could do all of your R&D late at night at the $1.25 car wash, just don't use the tire cleaner or the soapy brushy thing.

Once the mist is happening right, you convert to an electric motor of the same output. Think a #25 orifice spread out into 50 micro tips adding up to the same output. Mosquito juice dispensing tips for those fancy home automated systems.

I'm afraid if there was any ionic demolecularization you would be dead. Like the Philidelphia experiment. It is just fine atomization and even the pumps shutting off before you get there. Always listen for the clicks of valves. They had this 25 years ago in what ever attraction had dinosaurs behind the mist. The most molecule spreading would maybe be a slight amount of soap or glycerine to dispel water tension.

I gotta go , I'm feeling a little water tension......
                          sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

yeah i cant see them selling many of those at that price.why would u buy a mist machine for 100k.it dosnt even have a bathroom or a kitchen

Comment

Did Benny Franklin say:"A fool and his money are soon parted?"
                              (Which explains government spending in a nutshell!)

There are always more than one way to achieve the same results, forget the mist, forget the fancy light bulbs and electrical circuitry, I have had the same effect here at The Ravens Grin, it's simply a real apparition!!
                              ("God! I am SO Lazy And Cheap!" )
                              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

So, Jim, you suggest that the cheapest way to get the effect would be to bump off a few annoying patrons and/or actors within the walls of our haunt, and then just wait for them to start haunting the place. That would be cheap. And, you could get a couple extra corpses out of the deal.
                                Do you know any way to get ghosts to appear on cue? I have a hard time just getting the living to appear on cue.
                                sigpic
                                Louis Brown
                                at
                                DarkWood Manor

Comment

Working...
                                X