• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• novel ad we ran for Spring Break

Hey Kelly Allen,

Take a look at this one.

It cost us less than $ 400 for a month.

I drove by this several months ago and immediately called him. At stoplights they raise the sign and SPIN it as well. Thought about putting a monster crawling up over the edge of our ad, but didn't get to it.
    Attached Files
    Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
    Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

thats pretty cool! but I hope the weather doesn't hinder the attendance of your event...
    Its A Verbal Orgy on Steroids!

Comment

Cool, but I can not imagine it is legal to be diving that thing around. I am sure it would not be in Wisconsin at least. We have the most f'd up state that is so anti-small business it's not funny.....
      www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Thats gotta be hell driving that thing on a windy day!

Comment

Just Pass One "Law"

Call it "The Having Too much fun" law. Then it would cover everything.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Nice! That's awesome! I hope you had an awesome turnout! Our attendance was disappointing, in spite of an incredible amount of exposure through Newspaper, TV, Radio, Internet, etc. We had stuff going on to get the word out at the malls, schools, colleges, comic conventions, zombie walk, you name it. We had two different stations do a live remote. We had more exposure for this event than we've had for any fall event and, unfortunately, we still didn't get the crowds we needed to make it profitable. We should have our Press and Media page updated soon.

It was, however, a great opportunity to get the Fright Team together again, let them make some money and get their creative juices flowing to help plan the renovations that will take place in preparation for the fall season! We'll be attending the haunt show in a shoe string budget now, but we'll still be there! We planted a lot of Marketing and Advertising seeds in our spring break, "Ghouls Gone Wild" exposure and we know it's going to translate into a record breaking fall season for Raycliff Manor!

Kel
            sigpic
            Kelly Allen
            Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
            www.RaycliffManor.com
            www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
            www.HauntBook.com

Comment

another franchisee of Ghouls Gone Wild reports

Hey,

Glad you like the ad. We tried several unique advertising ideas for our Ghouls Gone Wild. Everyone liked it the idea that we encountered. Our budget was kept small and tight.

Our attendance was dismal despite advertising on two radio stations, the internet through a couple of local website including the local tourism site, the rotating car sign in this thread, a home show booth, myspace bulletins, coupons at several local merchants, two front page stories in our local paper, an entertainment blurb and file picture in the Ft Wayne (nearest big city) paper, ad in the local bi-weekly, and an ad in the big local entertainment free paper.

It was not near profit, but a good start.

The good news was: we picked up five or six new actors that did a great job, lots of excitement from our crew to get together for the spring, new t-shirts just for Ghouls Gone Wild, floorplan is done for the fall while we will remove and rebuild several rooms including a couple that were just set up for the spring gig, and great reviews.

Kelly Allen, I can't remember if you are going to TW or not, but I have a Haunted Hotel-13th Floor Ghouls Gone Wild t-shirt for you for your great help! If you are not, I will ship it to you.
              Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
              Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

I assume with the economy still in flux and the fact that it's 6 months away from when people normally think about haunts, that led to your poor attendance. While I don't think a poor economy will have a huge impact on most haunt attendance this year, people's disposable income will still be smaller this year than last year. The groups that usually go to multiple attractions will probably cut it down to just one. We all have to be smart with our marketing... and it's probably a good idea to talk to other haunts about promoting each other as package deals, especially for new attractions. As a second year haunt, I think we're going to do that this season.

Blood Lake Haunted House & Haunts of Richmond Ghost Tours
                www.bloodlakeva.com www.hauntsofrichmond.com
                Located in Richmond, VA

Comment

Working...
                X