Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some mildew/moss/algae costume question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some mildew/moss/algae costume question.

I am in the process of making a messed up old zombie. A well dressed zombie of course.
    But my question is, how do i get the looks of moss, mildewy or rotten clothes look? I have a black suit jacket, a torn up white dress shirt, black slacks. I have tried smearing dirt and all that. But it just doesnt have the look i want. Like the zombie was in the ground for a long time who only recently rose up. Course' theres going to be mildew and moss on their clothes right?
    I am having a real hard time making the suit look like that. I need a look that will last obviously.
    Because all my attempts with dirt and mildew and algae all fail because it falls of eventually and i need it to last.

Doc,
    I like the look of airbrush for mildew, just do a few spots of green in a few different shades of green.
    For moss I dip spanish moss in colored latex (green or light green) and normally add velcro to the bottom of the patch so I can remove it for washing.
    Belt sanders give a good aged look and I use spray paint alot instead of actual dirt.
    Good luck with it,
    Allen H
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Thank you Allen! Always pull through, i tried the moss idea it works great.
      And thanks for the tip with the sander.
      Its coming together real well!
      Thanks again
      -Dr. G.

Comment

Working...
      X