Water, Water everywere... again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water, Water everywere... again

Ok... so last fall we had record rain that flooded us out for the haunt season for the most part.... So now its spring! And here comes the water again!!!
    Attached Files

First pic is of our entrance to the haunt... water is supposed to raise another 4 feet by next thursday.... Second pic is of our "Cave" ... about $5000 in spay foam. looks GREAT but also floats. Its actually supposed to be sitting at the bottom of a ravine. Of course right now its floating about 15 feet above the ravine. Its starting to break up.... chunks are floating down the river as I type. We are planing on moving it someplace higher after the water goes down.... if it hasnt floated to Canada by that time!

Comment

Hope everything is salvageable. It really sucks when you put all that work into it and it gets taken away by something out of your control. Good luck!

Comment

Unbelieveable!

That is NOT something you need I hope that there will not be to much damage. I know all the hard work that goes into a haunt, you must be very frustrated. Good luck with everything

Comment

Yea that sucks like monkey nuts dude. Seriously I know how it feels to work so hard on something and then its gets F&&ked up but rain. If your not gonna move I think you should seriously ponder creating a false elevation rise underneath your entire haunt and then build a mote. I've seen this done with houses before. You'll have to tear down the entire huant but then you hire a damn good dirt mover and tell him you want a certain size area raised 6 feet. Thats alot of dirt. ALOT of dirt. So tell him to take it from a mote he will dig around you haunt. Ofcourse your going to have to get a couple of permits and then have a couple of railings installed around your attraction. But I guarantee you, as long as you have a good roof, you'll never worry about the flood again.
          Its A Verbal Orgy on Steroids!

Comment

It looks like your in a very low spot? Or has the water really came up that much. I would definatey move when you can. Hopefully it doesnt all float away. Man thats really got to suck! Are you by a river or what?
            Damon
            Damon Carson

Comment

Hopefully yall can salvage as much as possible.

And maybe consider moving to a new location thats not a flood plain?
              Brad Bowen
              Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
              www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Swamp theme

Looks like the opening of your new Swamp themed haunt!
                ----
                Your Pain, My Thrill...
                Steve
                Haunted Mines - Colorado Springs
                http://HauntedMines.org

Comment

Update.... Well the good news is that our river is supposed to crest below the 100 year flood stage set in 1997..... We built our buildings knowing that it would flood in the spring (just didnt allow for the floatation abilities of the cave, especially after we dumped 5 yards of cement on top of it last year.) In the 20 years we have lived here it has only flooded twice in the fall... of course both times within the last 6 years since we have been open.
                  The bad news is that the Red River in Fargo about 5 miles from us, is supposed to crest above 41 feet. If it makes that it will be higher than anytime since the 1800's. Emergency sandbaging is going on.
                  Here are some updated pics... water is supposed to rise another foot or so.

Comment

HMMMM pics didnt attach for some reason... will try again.

Comment

Todays pics... still one more foot to go! Oh yeah... rain today... turning to snow tonight into tomorrow... west side of the state had over 2 feet in some places. We are only going to get 4 or 5 inches. Should make for an interesting few days.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Oh wow that's not good. I hope everything works out for you.
                        ~Bill Mlinac
                        The Deadland Haunted House
                        www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
                        www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

Woke up to the return of winter today.... View of our house from the Highway and of course our haunt entrance.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I feel for you. We got over a foot of snow in Minot yesterday, and it is still snowing. We are supposed to get another foot tomorrow. Than another storn is supposed to hit next week. A friend of mine in Bismarck called today to let us know that they are flooding there as well. He owns a music store and limo company. The music store has water in it; Thay are trying to get everything as high off the ground as possible. As far as the limo's go, they have a fleet of about 15-20 cars, trucks and buses, of which they got a little over half of them out.

I was going to head to Fargo to help family members there, but I am on the Burlington Fire Department, and need to stay here in case we get called in to help sandbag around Ward county.
                            Steven
                            Rolling Thunder Productions

A Tisket A Tasket, They Put Me In This Casket!!

Comment

Well our river is now down... but our business in Fargo is still going to be in jeopardy if the dike breaks. The river is now past record hight and they have evacuated 1/3 of the city out of the area now. Its going to be a long week.
                              Here is a pic of our river this morning...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X