CREATIVE and ORIGINAL SCENES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CREATIVE and ORIGINAL SCENES

:idea: I am the new member and I am shocked that there aren't more topics in this section that is why im starting my own!
    yes
    22.73%
    no
    36.36%
    I don't know
    40.91%
    Mike Cirrincione
    Executive Producer of:

M&K Workshop
    MAC Productions presents:
    Buffalo Badlands: Tinianna Home of The Tormentor *RIP*
    AND SOON, Pandora's Box!

Skyrotechnic Illuminations
    Pro Fireworks coming 2015

Cyber Saturday - a revolution in light and music
    Coming soon

Black Hole Shows: Buffalo

Ditto Badlander.

AS for your poll question, I voted NO. Many of the gags described in that book are still viable. Many of the promotional ideas are getting outdated. Empiressnightshade already found out that getting a PSA is a lot harder than just calling up your local Radio Station and asking for one. Most cities also have strict guidlines on selling food for extra revenue.

"How to Run..." is STILL the best known book for haunters out there, and I still suggest that everyone have a copy or at least read through it. But there are better ones available now. Kel Allen - who posts here - has a very good one. As for building projects, there are LOTS of websites out there that will tell you how to build bigger and better props on a budget.
    ------------------------
    The child is grown, the dream is gone.
    I have become comfortably numb.

Comment

I have three hauntworld DVD's and those have some good scare ideas in them. I have found that some of our best scares are stuff we came up with on the fly the first weekend.
      Jared Layman

Comment

:shock: I never thought anybody would make any more replies in this section because last time I was on everybody was flocking around the professional haunting section. But now the home haunting is growing under my section. I really want more replies because I think we actually need to talk about the design of our haunts. :!:
        Mike Cirrincione
        Executive Producer of:

M&K Workshop
        AND SOON, Pandora's Box!

Coming soon

Comment

You have to design your place anticipating the clumsiest, stupidest , drunken person might get inside, then hope that he doesn't.
          Of course if I could design fool-proof things I would be making big money designing nuke plants and cars.(Or like when I was a kid nuke-powered cars! Everyone was going to have one by 196-? The Walt Disney coloring book said so, I think?)
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Even though it's outdated, it's actually one of the better books out there.
            Slash
            "If you fail to plan, plan to fail"

Comment

Two other books you might want to check out are

Haunted House Halloween Handbook by Jerry Chavez

The Complete Haunted House Book By Tim Harkleroad
              Gary
              Midnight Evil Productions
              www.MidnightEvil.com
              Owner/Operator of www.CoffinCreek.com/
              www.Twitter.com/CoffinCreek

Comment

:twisted: We should be talking about scenes not books :twisted:
                Mike Cirrincione
                Executive Producer of:

M&K Workshop
                AND SOON, Pandora's Box!

Coming soon

Comment

I was thinking of an Indian theme. By Indian I mean tomahawk waving, scalp scraping savages. I picture a variety of lead up scenes like forests, meadows, messed up Indian villages, etc. I see bloody war scenes of rival Indian tribes, evil medicine men, arrows flying past peoples ears, and the psychadelic rattles of venomous snakes all around

Also, I was thinking a narrow really tall hallway with no cieling would look neat...allowing people to look up and out at the night sky may make a forest or dungeon scene even more realistic.

As for books - I like the ones mentioned. The books touch on a lot of stuff, and can yield many ideas for those willing to meet the books half way. A lot of ideas/ illusions/gags I found in a couple of my books (The Complete Haunted House Book- Tim Harkleroad, Give Them a Real Scare this Halloween- Pfeiffer) are painfully corny.....but by turning those ideas upside down and improvising a little...those books can still be like gold. Especially the book by Tim Harkleroad......its got a lot of scene ideas.
                  my yellow in this case is not so mellow, infact I'm tryin to say, its frightened like me

Comment

Who wrote the book you're talking about?

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President
                    www.HalloweenProductions.com
                    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

"GIVE THEM A REAL SCARE THIS HALLOWEEN" - a guide to scaring trick-or-treaters and haunting your house, yard or party
                      written and illustrated by JOSEPH PFEIFFER

"THE COMPLETE HAUNTED HOUSE BOOK"
                      written and illustrated by TIM HARKLEROAD

those are the two books i mentioned in my last post.

I also have this really killer book on animatronics. its easy to understand

Its called..... "ANIMATRONICS" - a guide to animated holiday displays
                      by Edwin Wise
                      my yellow in this case is not so mellow, infact I'm tryin to say, its frightened like me

Comment

I love the indian idea but the only thing you can't do is the arrows.
                        Mike Cirrincione
                        Executive Producer of:

M&K Workshop
                        AND SOON, Pandora's Box!

Coming soon

Comment

I was thinking of another cool scene that could take up a few hallways and turns where people walk underneathe cages with monsters/prisoners/aliens. It's totally do-able. Obviously just make sure the cages your actors will be scaring from are structurally fit. Since your actors will be up there, they'll have access to things like fog machine buttons, light switches, cd players, etc. for better timing and all. Plus people never expect to be scared from above.

Comment

Wouldn't it be rad to have your very first hallway that guests enter into be a hallway of doors.....and only 1 door is unlocked. Maybe you could even put phrases on each of the doors like "brainwars", "unlived and weeded out", "hollow chest", "reality" and the one that opens might say "imagination". That could be the theme to a haunted house....IMAGINE , where trick or treators take a trip through the imagination of someone in the last few minutes of their life....then you could put anything you want in your haunted house (clowns, aliens, gory stuff, whatever) and it would fit the theme and make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by AcoreMANNER
                              Wouldn't it be rad to have your very first hallway that guests enter into be a hallway of doors.....and only 1 door is unlocked.
                              You'd have to have some way to keep it from becoming a throughput killer. Maybe have an actor that stands still until they clearly can't find the right door then silently points them to the unlocked one.

Comment

Working...
                              X