No announcement yet.

CREATIVE and ORIGINAL SCENES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The JBCorn books are excellent for construction, maintainence and operation, but very little in the way of scare ideas.
    The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Scary Scene

:P I think you should put an actor in a home-made electric chair and have him combulse, and thrash around. You could also have a strobe-light on him to add to the effet. Then the lights go off and the "Halloween" movie theme music starts playing loudly while the lights go red and fog comes from all directions. Then an actor weilding a bloody chainsaw chases them into a graveyard where zombies roam around and Micael Myers is chopping up a victim with an axe. :twisted:
      Chris Riehl
      Sales@spookyfinder.com
      (586)209-6935
      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

michael myers is the man

I think theres a lesson to be learned from him...his subtle movements and blank stares are what give us goose bumps, and not so much some extravagant scenario...although Mike definately brings the heat :twisted:
        We can apply this scaring method to our own when planning our haunts...just remember less is sometimes more...and its cheaper too.
        my yellow in this case is not so mellow, infact I'm tryin to say, its frightened like me

Comment

One of the main reasons for this topic is to not use Michael Myers because it is about outdoor haunts which is what I think nobody has picked up yet and Michael Myers is really bad outdoors. :lol:
          Mike Cirrincione
          Executive Producer of:

M&K Workshop
          MAC Productions presents:
          Buffalo Badlands: Tinianna Home of The Tormentor *RIP*
          AND SOON, Pandora's Box!

Skyrotechnic Illuminations
          Pro Fireworks coming 2015

Cyber Saturday - a revolution in light and music
          Coming soon

Black Hole Shows: Buffalo

Comment

I perfer not to have common characters like Michael Meyers, Jason Vorhees, Freedy Kreuger Etc in my haunt. I read an article somewhere on the internet (sry cant remember where) and totally agree with it. It stated that people get a sense of comfort from things that ae familiar. Although Halloween, Friday The 13th, Nightmare etc. represent horror and death, they have become familiar in many american households and people can relate them to being "just a movie", thus taking the fear out. I like using my own horrific creations, like they say the mind is a terrible thing to waste. Which brings me back on topic. This years theme for us is "Carn-Evil" Yes a common name but thats just the theme not the name of the attraction. Our scares will play off of ones mind rather than the fear of seeing something scary. With the exception of the graveyard, a classic and staple for any haunt, all of our rooms are very dark and use camoflague as a means of scaring. One room is a now-popular theme called the "Dot Room" Many Are Familiar, if not and you want to know more then just PM me and i'll explain. The next is one with a "mask wall" where we have 20 identical masks pinned to a wall and a live actor wearing another identical mask and in all black. The actors will not scare till the last moment in order to let the minds of guests wander "when will they get me". Next is a forest scene where the mad side-show freaks hav escaped to. One, named gorilla man blends right into the brush. Finally, something new to me and an idea i created is the stripes chamber. Pitch black at first then slowly UV spotlights come on to reveal multi colored striped walls, the stripes being new fluorescent duck tape. An actor finishes the guests off as they near the end of the hallway by jumping from his wall blended location and chasing patrons with a rattle can.
            The Frightmaster

Terror Trails 2002- Witches Cave
            Terror Trails 2003- Vampire Land
            Terror Trails 2004- Wasteland
            Terror Trails 2005- Metomorphosis
            Terror Trails 2006- Carn-Evil

2006- 5th Year Anniversary

Comment

I like all that Djcarolina.... :wink:
              You Should Be Our Friend....
              http://www.myspace.com/nightmareshaunthouse
              http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...0526043&ref=nf
              http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kenned...7367012?ref=nf
              http://twitter.com/nightmareshouse
              http://nightmaresarlington.com/

Comment

I voted no as well. Still some really useful stuff in there. However I voted no for reasons already stated... better books, getting dated, promotion is way behind and the rules on selling food are much stricter now.

Plus a lot of it isn't applicable depending on where you live.

Comment

Larry, Phillip Morris wrote the book, "How to Operate a Financially Succesfull Haunted House"
                  Slash
                  "If you fail to plan, plan to fail"

Comment

Who are you talking to Slash?
                    Mike Cirrincione
                    Executive Producer of:

M&K Workshop
                    AND SOON, Pandora's Box!

Coming soon

Comment

I have put sayings all over the maze doors in my backyard.
                      One mystical phrase turned out to be an engineering term on hydralics, for figuring ratios of something?
                      (Just numbers that popped into my head..maybe they fell out of someone else's head?)
                      "Fresh Mother-in-Laws Do Not Open"
                      "The Brown Door of the backward traveller" (You see this if you are going the wrong way.)
                      "The Illinois Tripe Council-Toys you can make from Tripe"
                      "Animal Bite Research-Come right In If You Are Bleeding"
                      "Commando Bambi"

So it goes.........Stopping to read can slow down your through put but it can also help to distract the customer so you can scare them again.
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I am sorry to anyone I may have offended or even confused over the last 2 years but through 3 years of haunting experiences and education I have learned the error of my ways and will no longer be the naive,rude b****** I was in my early haunting days and become a much more active contributor after my long hiatus of a little more than a year.
                        Mike Cirrincione
                        Executive Producer of:

M&K Workshop
                        AND SOON, Pandora's Box!

Coming soon

Comment

Site problems

Something that happens with most websites that have polls is that anytime someone votes on one it brings the thread to the top of the list of "New" posts, which is how I and many others check mesasage boards. I suppose a topic never really dies or loses interest but it is strange to see something from years ago pop up all of a sudden and then find no new posts at the end. Or maybe it's just the web ghosts playing tricks on me.

Comment

i luv how to oporatrte a finacially succesfull haunt!!! i m using it to go pro and rewcomend it 2 all haunters!

-Taylor

Comment

i just built a bloody hallway that is going to have michle myers in hit.

Comment

We've designed a wide hall with bloody flaps of plastic handing down randomly. You won't know what is ahead because of all the flaps in your way. Meanwhile a chainsaw wielding maniac wearing a creepy bunny mask will be chasing you through it.

Comment

Working...
                                X