13th hour magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maliciousstudios View Post

I will be going to the MHC ( That is IF they ever get more vendors...lol - "Short List" )
    Not to hijack the thread but I am waiting for your vendor registration. Many vendors were waiting to see what happened in St. Louis before committing to other shows. The show floor is filling now and I expect many more to be on board soon.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread...

Comment

Hell yeah, I hope to see DOUBLE the vendors at MHC.... I cant wait !! You will surely have MY registration SOON ! We will be attending a few seminars and definetely the haunt tour !! As far as Registering as a vendor.... I dont know if Im up for it ( Quite yet ) possibly next year.... Id love to well see !!
      "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
      www.maliciousstudios.com
      "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
      http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Comment

"Bitch! I love you."

Comment

13th Magazine: They didn't have a new magazine at the show that I do not understand considering the importance of this show. Whenever someone is going to hand over $80.00 you better feel good about getting what you paid for. You must also make sure that magazine is providing you what you want out of a magazine. Does it help your business? Does it entertain you if its not a magazine that helps your business? You have to judge for yourself if $80.00 or 80 cents makes it worth it to you.

Personally I did not subscribe and would not because it wouldn't fit into my mailbox... LOL. No seriously I would not subscribe because at this point I would not see the value to my business. There is so many magazines coming to me in the amusement industry, like Fun World, Park Work, Tourist Parks and Attractions and so on and so forth. I don't need anymore. Save the trees...LOL

Seriously though I would say this... I have seen the magazine and do not think the information inside is very valuable to a haunt owner, it does have nice photos and the layout is nice. Although $80.00 is a lot of money more than any other magazine, video, seminar series or any other form of information offered in this industry, I've said before people must invest into education. It must be part of your budget and don't be afraid to buy things you feel add to your experience to run a first class business.

I do not think $80.00 is a lot of money for education or a magazine subscription. Is Hauntworld Magazine worth $40, $80, $1000 or even $5000 to your business. If a magazine saves you from making a mistake, or helps you advance your business or anything between it was worth whatever those things are worth to you or saves you, blah, blah.

You can't put a price on information, education, especially GOOD INFORMATION or GOOD EDUCATION!!!!!!!!! That right there is the key!

So with that said although I think 13th Hour doesn't provide much or any good information to a haunt owner at least not for myself, but that doesn't mean it won't or will in the future. Any magazine, any source, or any entity could have the next big scoop of info for your business. So again $80.00 for me that wouldn't be the reason I did or didn't subscribe...it just isn't that much if you value the information they provide.

So if you value the information they provide you should subscribe...the cost shouldn't keep you from doing so. If Transworld set up a seminar series and charged $400.00 for one seminar should the cost keep you from going? NO WAY... if you feel the content from that seminar would help your business you should go with flying colors.

Cost shouldn't be the reason you do or don't...base everything on what that product or service means to you personally.

BARRY...

Call Patti!

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Boy, that was an awefully long post...but then again I think Larry was trying to convince everyone again that Haunt World in the better publication. Hmm, I wonder who owns that? There are plenty of expensivemagazines out there... CFX, Fangoria, etc. but a magazine ( in my opinion is entertainment ) All of them are good...13th is a good coffee table type mag. I like them al I don't think any certain mag will be the savior and deliver u from your problems....l....

I read Larrys magazine as well as all of the rest on the toilet, I have a library in there don't we all ?

I wish they would publish an article about a solution to my legs falling asleep....lol, ( Damn ) I always llimp my way out...one of these days I will be having a heart attack and my wife will think ( Oh jeeze, there he goes again...)
            Last edited by maliciousstudios; 04-01-2009, 05:01 AM.
            "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
            www.maliciousstudios.com
            "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
            http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Comment

This Just In!!!!

The price of HauntWorld will be going up to $529.99 this year for a subscription!!!! Shane and its OMG LMAO I had to do it I just had to!! Shane this time!
              sigpic

Comment

Haunt Magazines

These all are great resources for finding stuff you need for your haunt. If your thinking that paying for a subscription is going to help your business your dead wrong..
                How many people are coming to your haunt (unless they are in the haunt business), that has seen an article about your place.. You can't just pick them up at the newsstand at Wal-Mart or even most book stores. You would need to put an article in Fangoria or Rolling stone to get any bang out of your buck..
                So if your wanting to produce an article about your haunt pay for it, then sit back and wait on how many people outside of this business comes into your place.
                Your customer never sees any of this stuff...

Our haunt has been approached many times about doing an article about our place, oh by the way I need $3000 for that article and hey will you write it and send pictures..
                Why in the hell would anyone want to do this. You would want an independent person to come through your place, write the article based on what experiance they have and take pictures/video.. Never believe all you read or see in a magazine (except playboy)

Comment

Paul

You are EXACTLY RIGHT! YOU HIT THE HEAD ON THE NAIL! Even my big mouth could have not said that better! Unless we can get HauntWorld, Haunted Attraction and 13th in the big retail markets were just limited to our own Industry. Dont get me wrong its great that we can ourselves read about other haunts in the Industry but the buck starts and stops there. The outside world will never see those articales. Shane and its nothing more can be said period! Shane this time!
                  sigpic

Comment

After wiping

After looking over at the 13 hour magazine and hearing that people paid X number of dollars for a subscription I'm like wow how can I go out and sell a magazine that promotes to no one but ourselves.. HMMMM..
                    That goes for all of them. Great for a referance bad for advertising your event...

Comment

Hauntworld has never and will never charge ANYONE for featuring them in the magazine. We have a new and exciting directions for our magazine where we do ask the owners to write artcles to be side supporting aricles for their feature article which we write. If you look at the newest Hauntworld magazine you'll see that there are seveal HOT side articles like the control room, and stuff like that. Only the owners know this information so we have them write it.

I think that is a benefit to the industry and the readers!

We typicallly have the owners supply photos of their attractions as well although for some of the haunts I took them myself. Just depends.

Yes but paying to be featured is well not really being featured!

Larry
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

Larry, any chance of hauntworld mag showing up at Barns and Nobel?
                        Sean De Wane
                        ----------------------------------------------
                        The De Wane Asylum
                        www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

No because I feel like HW mag is an industry TRADE magazine with TRADE secrets... if we did that wouldn't some haunt owners be pissed at me letting the cat out of the bag so to speak.

I think 13th House should have no problem doing a Barnes and Noble and personally I think that would be great if he did... that would promote our industry. That magazine to me is a fan magazine, pretty pictures, light on content but busting at the seems with visual content that promotes Halloween in general.

So I think they should I think that would be great.

Just not Hauntworld magazine.

Larry
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President

Comment

...edit.....
                            Last edited by scareshack; 04-02-2009, 02:36 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE Whenever someone is going to hand over $80.00 you better feel good about getting what you paid for.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes ur just askin for it.

Comment

So for $80.00 how many times a year does this thing print?
                                Damon
                                Damon Carson

Comment

Working...
                                X