No announcement yet.

13th hour magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They said at the table that it was for four issues...I picked up a form to subscribe, but haven't decided if I'm going to or not. Even though I'm an artist & like the pretty pictures, I like magazines with a bit more 'meat'...bloody meat..

(I did finally subscribe to Hauntworld..)
    missjayne
    Netherworld Haunted Attractions
    http://www.fearworld.com/

Comment

I'm Saving My Money

To be spent in this order: Coffee, then the table, then a magazine to hold the table down. (Dam seances!)
      While you are here would anyone like a subscription to "The Jim Warfield & Scream" haunted by nature magazine?
      It's $300.oo a year, two issues (cazuontheight!), drawn by hand and colored in by hand created on the finest non-museum quality brown paper bag that doubles as a scary hand puppet(it's like a center fold out sort of thing)
      It won't hold down a coffee table but it does control a lap tray.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Okay so...

I dont mean to bash 13th Hour magazine, but I stopped by their booth to speak with them and well ....they have no recolection of ever offering the 2nd issue for free ? ( AND ) they cant seem to remember my subscribtion....hmmmm, okay moving on..... well atleast I have my Fangoria subscription....lmfao
        "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
        www.maliciousstudios.com
        "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
        http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Comment

Sorry to go off topic a little here but Jim, if you ever produce a magazine, I want the first copy and I want it signed!

Kel
          sigpic
          Kelly Allen
          Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
          www.RaycliffManor.com
          www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
          www.HauntBook.com

Comment

I dont' understand it either ... I thought it was suppose to be free all the time. They went to all these tradeshows and handed them out now they want you to pay for them I think they have confused some people. I know based on what I've been told they give a lot of the ads away for nothing...this is what I've been told.

I bet a lot of the money they want for the subscription goes to shipping it must be expensive to ship that thing. Personally and its just my own opinion the magazine offers very little to a professional haunt owner. To me the magazine seems like nothing but artices on vendors used to persude them to advertise. The articles about cooking or how they make the cover or whatever doesn't help my business.

I would not subscribe myself because I don't have the time to read all the magazines I get now for NOTHING!!! I get them from IAAPA, TAP, Park World, Bowling, some Rec magazine and they all come for nothing. Who's got time to really read all of that... typically I flip through and throw them away.

The magazine is big with big pictures but myself as an owner of a haunt do NOT want to read about vendors... that doesn't help my business, and I'm not going to PAY to read some vendors life story! I'm only interested in learning about things I didn't already know, I'm interested in learning new ways to grow my business not articles about making cookies.

I will be the first to admit that magazine has a lot to offers the Halloween enthusiast and think if it was marketed to that crowd opposed to haunt owners it would be better recieved.

There are more Halloween home haunt enthusiasts probably 100 to 1 than haunters...if I had that magazine that is the direction I would go! But I don't run their magazine. It is very well layed out and organized just for me a haunt owner the content is nothing I would pay for when I have 10 or more magazines sending to my home for nothing.

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
            X