No announcement yet.

Are two heads really better then one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it also really depends on the individuals personality as well. Some people just have a real vision and they don't want it any other way.. this can cause the partners to butt heads constantly and bring many issues to the table. only you know how well you can adapt to bringing in a business partner.. do you tend to listen/like other peoples ideas? are you a very creative person who would be turned off by having others tell you "I dont really like that idea at all, it sounds horrible"?? the other way you could bring in a partner is if you both handle completely different aspects of the business. someone can be the creative brainchild, and the other person can handle the business/paperwork aspect.

in the end, only you know how well you'd work with a business partner, but you have to be pretty confident or it can get ugly later.

Comment

I say.........

no way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look its simple if you want to be king be KING! There can only be one! Shane and its to much BS with a partner! Shane this time!!
      sigpic

Comment

I'm with those who say that there are advantages to either. If you are in it alone, you are going to get all of the credit if the haunt becomes something major, but you are going to also have more headaches in getting there, most likely. When you have someone backing you, the workload is lessened, plus you gain another's perspective, which is useful when you are getting stuck, as is surely bound to happen at some point. Some people tend to want things their own way at all times, which becomes more of a liability, so it really comes down to who you choose to partner with. You really have to weigh the pros and cons before deciding, in my opinion.
        sigpic
        http://www.cafepress.com/Darksydesigns
        Wide variety of products, including clothing (from child to adult-sized), jewelry, wall clings, dog items, and much more. Many perfectly-suited for Halloween.

Comment

If you need to partner up with someone, make sure you partner with someone who shares the same passion with you.
          www.nightmareslive.com

Comment

I Have Recently Found Out..

That one of the one things that seems to upset me more than almost anything else is when someone tells me that their Brother, cousin, Uncle, neighbor, used to come down to my house when I first got it, and they helped me build half of my haunted house, used a whole bunch of THEIR ideas too!
            I have a very short list naming who has ever done what here for me , and so far none of these people will be finding themselves mentioned on my list, because They are fibbing!" I have probably done 95% of ALL the work here during the last 25 years , ever since I got this house.
            "GGGR! Henny Penny baking bread all over again!
            I guess probably a partner would not have ever worked out here for me, huh?
            When working in the trades I usually worked alone and I would see how inefficient two men could be on a job, because they really could not accomplish the work of two full workers since one had to stop and tell the other one what to do. OR the yakkity-yak BS would fill the air , distracting them from considering the finer points of the job as far as saving time, doing something right the first time, ex cetra.
            Sure , heavy lifting it's nice to have another "back", but I figured out how to do such things by myself, with no hernias or injuries in good time too.
            I once removed a very heavy cast iron boiler, welded all as one piece, from a basement, up the stairs all by myself, loaded it on my truck too.
            "Where do want that new pyramid located Pharoah? I'll get right on that!"
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I think a good partner can really be of help. Personally I like to create things ..you know set design, props, fx..and such. But I kinda suck with the PR part of running a haunt. That's where a good partner for me would someone who is great at that aspect.

I can also see where two people just like myself would have plenty of issues . Your partner whoever he or she may be just needs to be proficient where you are not I think.

Comment

Be Wary

Over the years I have seen, heard , met, so many people who would love to have a haunt. then they ramble on and on expressing tonS of common ideas. The bottom line is:"Are they doers or just ... talkers?
                I have proved (to anyone noticing) that I can talk and obviously "Do", but the reality I have observed all too commonly is , most people can't or won't or don't know when it's actually time to "Do" something because the jabber-jaws can't stop moving!!!
                Yes, it is MORE Work to bend, lift, sweep, shovel, measure, fasten, test-fit, remove, cut it again, lift it again, think on your feet as you negotiate through tools and processes and the order in which the best way to accomplish everything will be found.
                The other thing to watch out for is the insessant talker who brags so large that nobody could have ever been and done everything they talk about in one short, youthfull, lifetime, anyway.
                If something sounds like B.S., it probably will smell that way, eventually.
                Just don't waste time stepping in it, with your only pair of dancing shoes.
                Quit dancing, get to work!
                HAHAHAHA!
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                X