Question for HHA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for HHA

Are y'all planning on supplying a network of attorney referrals or reduced attorney's fees to members?

I can see so many areas where this would help members.

(My apologies if you have covered this.)

Thanks!
    Sarah Meier
    Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
    "Words they remember you by"

Wa da ya need a attorney for?
    sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Chrise View Post
      Wa da ya need a attorney for?
      I don't need one - not yet, anyway. But haunters who have legal questions might find it useful. One terrible day, some customer is going to try to sue a haunt.

When I went to House of Torment's "Dark Stalkers," patrons were required to sign a release of liability, due to the nature of the entertainment. I can see where an attorney would have come in handy.

Plus, you know how health insurance is done? There are some organizations that are set up to help families with legal assistance, too. It would be nice to have that as an optional benefit, aside from the legal needs of the haunt.

Greg, are you going to TW??
      Sarah Meier

Comment

Nope......
        sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Legal is good.

The bar owner's organization provides cheap and free legal advice and the local bar owner was saved much time, money and problems because of this service, so much so that to not to belong seemed extremely stupid from what I heard.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Warfield View Post
            The bar owner's organization provides cheap and free legal advice and the local bar owner was saved much time, money and problems because of this service, so much so that to not to belong seemed extremely stupid from what I heard.

show me where to sign!
            Sarah Meier

Comment

Sarah, that is bar as in tavern or drinking establishment.

In Texas, a State where lots of companies wil not do business because they can not grab you home for payment, there are few services that come as blanket coverage for legal fees and if you find one, it might cover a speeding ticket and that's it.

On the same token, a poll of real haunt owners has proven very rarely has anyone been sued for some reason. If you were located in New England, you might want to drive around every day with an accountant and an attorney in the back seat of your limo every day but, in Texas it is tough to get anyone to ride in the back of a pickup or a hearse and for free.

If you are planning some crime, money would better be spent on a really good Ninja suit.
              sigpic

Comment

For $39.95 per year sent to me, you could be the FIRST official member of the Texas Ninja Club! You could have direct input as to how the decoder ring works.
                sigpic

Comment

Jeez, I knew you meant "bar" as in a drinking bar, LOL!

I'm not suggesting expensive fees, though. It would be nice for haunters to be able to call up their pre-paid lawyer to ask a quick question. Better than taking extremely expensive risks.

Guess we'll see what happens.
                  Sarah Meier

Comment

Working...
                  X