Building of a Trailer Haunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Greg

I would like to hear things like how much it costs to move them when you want and where you want,
    If you use semi trailers you can get them moved for $60 to $80 per hour.
    If they are office trailer they run about $350 per trailer plus mileage.
    I have a friend that's a truck driver and he will move them for free.

If there is a rent where you are keeping them and working off season.
    I leased 1 acre for $650 per month. This is a deal, the going rate for
    semi trailer parking is $125 per month and up.
    I have some haunt friends that want to park their storage trailers there,
    that will offset some of my rent.

Now for the good news.
    I was talking to the landlord yesterday about the haunt.
    (he is intrigued with the haunted house business)
    When I leased the land he has asked me all type's of
    questions about the business.

So yesterday he said "why don't you do the haunt here".
    I lease 1 acre and there is an additional 4 acre's for parking.
    How cool is that?
    Gary
    Midnight Evil Productions
    www.MidnightEvil.com
    Owner/Operator of www.CoffinCreek.com/
    www.Twitter.com/CoffinCreek

Comment

Really cool! Just don't put your billboard too high up on that really tall tower at the rear of the property that you took this picture from. (Was it scary climbing such a high tower?)
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Jim you crack me up.

Climbing up is always easy, it's when people try to come down they freeze up and freak out.
        Gary
        Midnight Evil Productions
        www.MidnightEvil.com
        Owner/Operator of www.CoffinCreek.com/
        www.Twitter.com/CoffinCreek

Comment

I'm not sure what the aggregate of the lot is, I would watch what it looks like after and during a rain before considering this good parking with traffic on it. All the sizes are right it seems.

Also with trailers, you have to be carefull that they have wide planks of lumber or concrete pads under the jack legs or they will sink into the ground just with the weight of a trailer, unless this lot was cultivated just for this purpose.

Plus, if you haven't already you need to chain the generator to the trailer or it will be gone.
          sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

But Gregg, according to that one song that was so popular when I was in highschool, "It never rains in southern California!", so parking lot mud would be a non-issue.
            Those generators just can't resist the call-of-the-wild electrical current they make , the call of all those over-excited little electrons saying, "Go to ground! Go to ground!"
            Can't find your missing generator? Just begin diging right where you last had it.
            Sure.
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

That is awesome news Gary! What a great way to start 2007! Keep us posted on the progress. It's always exciting to see an entrepreneurial success story unfold! :wink:

Kel
              Chris Riehl
              Sales@spookyfinder.com
              (586)209-6935
              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Man '07 is starting out great for you. If you have a good halloween this year maybe your landlord will trade you rent for part of the take.
                Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Uh, trust me, the generator is NOT something to be lost. Inf act, he may have to chain the TRAILERS to the generator! (it is an old World war 2 vintage, was still gassed up when I got it and it really sunk the flatbed I brought it down in, I figure it weighs 9-10,000 pounds. But yup, it has a better home with Midnight Evil. I won't declare exactly what the trade was for, but when the process is complete, it is for something for ALL haunters.
                  The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

You got it? 55 gallon drums of chocolate pudding for the haunters retirement home?
                    sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

offers Greg some pudding
                      The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Hay, shouldn't this crap have been in a refrigerator or something? Pthew!

My retirement plan sucks.
                        sigpic

Comment

Is running a generator going to be more costly than normal? Depending on the times, of course

Just curious
                          - - Luke - -

Comment

Generators end up being more expensive than permanent hookups, The over all cost in this case is very little compared to the expense of paying for an electric run and seperate transformer installation 300 feet back on somebody else's property.

I'm sure the landlord has way back in the cockles of his mind that somehow having a haunt there will up grade his facilities and he gets to inherit what ever improvements. Sure, it could be here!

Say you spent $30 a night on fuel, it would cost $450 over the course of 15 nights? fewer nights, less money. But ultimately something set up in trailers can move any time it wants and get to a better and better location and not leave behind $1200 in hookup development at each place.

For general building, I would consider smaller generators and have those as a back up if need be when the season arrives. Smaller ones will run all day long on 2 tanks of fuel, in this day and age $5 a day? That big one will run a haut fine and hardly crank up but fuel consumprion is a function of engine displacement (how many cubic inches of engine) It looks like a militar issue so it is good for about 6 miles per gallon, a gallon per hour or 6 to 8 gallons per night.

I have seen haunts running on two small ones, all to avoid donating to the landlord whereas, the smart landlord would develop the property for you, trying to keep that monthly money coming in.

Alas over time, landlords look at all that open space and invite more and more similar storage opportunities and then things are in your way and it is time to move.
                            sigpic

Comment

For the trailers, are we talking about cutting holes in the sides and things like that, or are you trying to leave them as un-manipulated as possible?
                              - - Luke - -

Comment

You have to cut emergency exits into the sides of the trailers.
                                Kevin
                                MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

Working...
                                X