Another 'Job Related' Update...LOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another 'Job Related' Update...LOL

Well everyone...I think some will remember around January 5th when I got laid off from my job of 8 years and got hired a few hours later at Coke.
    Well I've worked at Coke for almost 3 months now (Thursday-Mondays...all holidays, varying schedules, etc.) and don't care for it...but it's a job and pays decent (not as good as my previous job). Coke was beating up my car driving 400 miles plus or minus each week in all types of weather.
    Well to make this long story a bit shorter...my former company decided to sever us employees and give us severence pay as of last week. They sent the forms, I called to make sure it was what the manager promised, and faxed the forms in Monday for payment this Friday.
    Well, Tuesday my old boss called and wants me back permanently and said they could stop the severence and I'd go back to 7-3:30 Monday-Friday my old job, payrate, all my vacation, benefits just like before the layoff.
    Soooooo, I told them I'd need a few hours to talk to wife/family...and since I was miserable at Coke, I took it.
    So I'm heading back to work April 6th! I'm pretty pumped...it's only 4 miles from my house and 4 bucks more an hour.
    I do have a vacation planned and told them that in April and what is even better...I can now attend MHC with no problems since with Coke I was going to have to cancel as I had no vacation after my April trip (I only earned 2 days).
    So yesterday was a great day for me!
    My fingers hurt...so I'll end here!

Thanks for reading,

Kirk
    Kirk Boemmel
    Dark Ghost Manor
    www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Good For you!

Certain jobs get alot harder to do as your body gets older. Finding out the physical demands of any job and forecasting the amount of health/energy, how it will work out , long term doesnot always match up with "us".
    Of course trying to explain to a guy's wife why his face fell into the supper plate (as he fell asleep) often falls upon deaf ears and she won't understand.
    If you work on a crew and you're twice as old as everyone else and you are not the "Boss", you need some understanding from the home front.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I am so happy for you! Hopefully this might be the 1st glimmer of hope that the economy is about to start to get better?
      www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

That's wonderful news! I'm glad things have worked out!
        Katie Lane
        Partner/VP
        Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
        sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Thanks guys!
          Yeah, my life has been upside down (just as it was getting right side up) again!
          LOL
          All I can do is laugh about it and be happy, which I am!

Kirk
          Kirk Boemmel
          Dark Ghost Manor
          www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

Congratulation Kirk! It appears you have passed the test life presented you and you made the best of your situation. Now it's reward time!

Kel
            sigpic
            Kelly Allen
            Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
            www.RaycliffManor.com
            www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
            www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Working...
            X