Are you kidding me!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you kidding me!!!!

An "EPIC life threatening storm is ravaging the south" No kidding that what the weather channel called it. It has rained here for two days and the flights are canceled. There is a blizzard heading dangerously close to St. Louis. I hope to hell the weather clears long enough to take off tomorrow otherwise it is a long ass drive from Louisiana. If there is a blizzard you guys are screwed and I'm staying put. Cross your fingers.
    Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

LOL you southerners are cute. A blizzard to you is a standard snow storm to us on the east coast. 10 inches? Please. I ENJOY a drive with that little snow on the ground.

However, hope you make it here okay!! Keep us updated!

Comment

Nope snowstorms headed right through St Louis, just checked it out as were wathcing for tornado's ourselves. We got some doosy's last night about 30 miles east of me and the band of storms coming up right now looks even worse!

Comment

It appears that St. Louis in March will be just like Chicago in February! Yikes!

Prayers for safety for all you haunters and vendors traveling in this.
        Virgil: Master Of The Ethermuse

Comment

Originally posted by NightmareAftershockLLC View Post
          LOL you southerners are cute. A blizzard to you is a standard snow storm to us on the east coast. 10 inches? Please. I ENJOY a drive with that little snow on the ground.

However, hope you make it here okay!! Keep us updated!
          I agree the weather here is fine
          HHA Member

Comment

If The Weather Has You Scared...

This is what I see affecting my business here as I am open year-round.
            If the weatherman doesn't scare them first, then I might get to.
            At 5:48 in Mount Carroll, Ill., northwestern illinois, it is raining small ice balls and has been for maybe an hour. It will be a slow night here. I hope. I am really tired, I started my new carreer today as a greeter for Wall-Mart, I never saw so many scary faces and overall weirdness walking on two legs as I did today! Maybe the impending forecast drug them all out from under those rocks?
            So far nobody has recognised me as the greeter, I knew the wig and pink party dress would do the trick, no thank you, I don't do tricks. Like that.
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Left St. Louis at 11:00am and made it back to wisconsin around 7pm. I stayed about 1 hour ahead of the storm. Now, remember what they were saying about Chicago and it's weather....

The show was great, the food at the restaurants was great, the bars were great, the rain on saturday sucked! I'm watching the snow fall in green bay as I type this. Travel safe to all those in St. Louis .
              If murder is the ultimate expression of art, then I'm the Pablo Picasso of death! - RevCo

http://www.myspace.com/collateraldamageanddesign

http://www.scaredesigns.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Malice View Post
                Now, remember what they were saying about Chicago and it's weather....

Yep karma's a bitch isn't it !

Comment

"Karma" or "Karmex"?

Keep those lips working smooth, even after cold wind ripples across them to much.
                  I think most of us were not watching the weather forecasts because the recent sunny and warm weather sucker-punched our brains into too much wishfull thinking.
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

someone said months ago that it NEVER snows in St Louis in March

Not sure if that was correct. We are leaving the show early afternoon. Hope there isn't too much here. The prediction earlier was 1-3 inches and more north.
                    Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
                    Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

I have to agree about us southerners and the snow we don't get a lot of it if any at all. But I also remember the first tornado watch I was in up north and you guys went ape crazy looking for places to hide and looking out the windows. We get so many of those during out storm season until they say its on the ground and outside your window we don't stop working. Its all what you get used too.
                      sigpic

Comment

For me, seeing the snow was nice. It had been a long time since I had even seen any, other than on TV.
                        Sarah Meier
                        Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
                        "Words they remember you by"

Comment

Just got back and other then the rain and it being a little cold late saturday and Sunday it was sweet and I live in Florida.
                          Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Ewww a record of two whole inches hits St. Louis! I really doubt that caused major problems for anyone or delayed any flights out today. It just seems alot of people on here are very sore they couldnt make the show or thats it came to St. Louis this year.?! Grow up people!
                            Damon
                            Last edited by damon carson; 03-29-2009, 06:48 PM.
                            Damon Carson

Comment

Originally posted by damon carson View Post
                              Ewww a record of two whole inches hits St. Louis! I really doubt that caused major problems for anyone or delayed any flights out today. It just seems alot of people on here are very sore they couldnt make the show or thats it came to St. Louis this year.?! Grow people!
                              Damon
                              If that was pointed in my direction Damon then you have it all wrong. I simply was saying what the weather channel had said and as Grimley posted they were calling it an Epic Storm.

I don't predict weather and im sure grimley wasn't either, if you read my whole post i was watching because we did have a very ugly set of storms hit near us on friday and another set on saturday which is when i posted what i did.

Tornado's freak me out no matter where i live north or south iv'e been in both places, their not a joke when it comes to destroying lives. In The south we have no basements which just makes you more a sitting duck when it does hit you.

As for being sore i couldn't make the show, i didn't make the show because i am preparing to move into a new house and choose not to leave my wife with all the packing duties,NOT because of where it was held. Im done growing thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X