1st Impressions Of St Louis Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Impressions Of St Louis Show

Not to rub it in but it looks like a sucess. The show floor is packed and the vendors really stepped up with some great new stuff
    Mike Bizub

Ghouls Gulch www.GHOULSGULCH.com

the floor can be filled with many who people..who are not buying.

i was never much for a show that had a bigger ratio of haunt actors (or anyone whom just looks and "hopes" the person(s) with the check book will buy a "cool product") to haunt owners so i'm interested in seeing how the sales go.

Will all those be people bring in a high percentage of buying a few sales items?

Comment

And the weather looks phenominal !!

Heavy rains turning to freezing rain and then a snowstorm to follow!!

Sorry couldn't resist !!

Comment

Well I attended the show yesterday. Alot of new things to get adjusted to. Still in the old Chicago mode. Okay here we go. The weather was very windy. So it felt like we were still in Chicago. I never attended Vegas so thats why Im referring to Chicago. And it was there alot longer than it has been in Vegas. Temperatures at a ball park figure mid 50's maybe even mid 60's after leaving in the afternoon. Registration isnt set up as good as I thought it was in Chicago. Even though we got there before the show opened and we got right in without having to wait very long. No lanyards for the badges I wasnt to happy about that. But there was no legs avenue at this show so I wish I had brought one from years past. Alot of new products, alot of cool stuff for sure. Nothing really knock out the ballpark far as new items. Scarefactory again always pleases the senses. Although the Darkzone seemed smaller than usual but the more I think about it I dont think it was. Distortions had a nice booth and a few new items. Alot of the booths were surprisingly very small. Morris was the worst. I mean comeon they cant be hurting can they? Im used to about 4 or 5 booths from them theres was the size of Gag studios and I looked and talked to Dave more than I did Morris. I just blew them off like they have always done me in the past. Long story. But anyway there is really too much at this show to post and Im really tired so Im gonna wrap this one up as a success! The show was not super crowded at the beginning but by 11 or 12 the aisles were packed! Hopefully vendors will do good and the show will return to St. louis!
        Damon
        Damon Carson

Comment

You missed the memo? It's already been decided to go back to
          Chicago.

Comment

No Keegan I know the retail side has already said its returning to Chicago. Im talking about the Haunted Attractions show. They are two seperate shows now. Im aware of the retail side being batted back and forth from Chicago to Vegas ect. Who cares and who really needs them?! The Haunt and Attractions show wants us back. They fell on there face this year so did Rubies attempt in Houston. Im saying the show in St. Louis will do good enough to return to St. louis. Everyone got spoiled in Chicago because they had everything under the sun under one roof. Now things are split up and it just takes a little reajusting to the changes thats all. But for the most part I really enjoyed the St. Louis show. We came back mainly because of the weather. I wanted to stay but there was one or two in our group that had to leave and we took one vehicle. I may go back Sunday as long as the weather stays within reason. No fyi's here. No memos needed.
            Thanks,
            Damon
            Damon Carson

Comment

No Keegan I know the retail side has already said its returning to Chicago. Im talking about the Haunted Attractions show. They are two seperate shows now. Im aware of the retail side being batted back and forth from Chicago to Vegas ect.
              I think Keegan is talking about the Haunt Show.

The TW folks may be committed to have the Haunt Show again in St. Louis next year in 2010, but when I spoke to Joe T. and Co. during the end of the Vegas show, he was very adamant about moving BOTH the Halloween/Party and Haunt shows back to Rosemont in 2011.

If the haunt vendors do booming business this weekend there at the Haunt show (and I certainly hope they do), they will be in a good position to call the shots because TW will see them as a true force to be reckoned with.

But if the buyers don't show up like they normally would because of the economy (which is still spiraling downward), we could see a real 'pissing contest' between TW and Rubies that could take a few years to play out as these three shows struggle for many of the same buyers.

If the later happens, the whole industry will be effected and not in a good way.

But heck what do I know?

Thad
              Dental Distortions
              Our Teeth Make Kids Scream, Dogs Bark and Adults Cringe

Comment

IS?

"Smelling like ass" always a bad thing?
                Depends upon your mood..and libido? Who's ass? The care they take of it?
                Personally, mine has never been bleached, still the same ominous shadow round that corner.
                Butt then we all like a good mystery don't we?
                Stevie King called it "The dark at the top of the stairs", that unnamed horror we anticipate...
                Bleach-free.
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Most vendors I talked to have done very well. It will be their call as far as what they want to do
                  Mike Bizub

Ghouls Gulch www.GHOULSGULCH.com

Comment

I'm aware of one vendor who said his booth was paid for by Saturday morning.

And I didn't notice any ass smell, LOL.
                    Sarah Meier
                    Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
                    "Words they remember you by"

Comment

I talked to a vendor that said that he has never sold so much on a opening and another that when his buddy called over to him "How was it going?" he held up his invoice book and said "It's already filled up". My first show and it was a blast!
                      Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

So for those of us who weren't able to go, what were the new big things this year?

Comment

Vendors seem happy; haunts are great

I spoke with many vendors late Saturday and all but one (puppet guy) were very happy with the results. Most had fat invoice books to show off. Overall the mood was very upbeat.

Oh, and I really enjoyed all three haunts - it was a great mix this year!
                          ----
                          Your Pain, My Thrill...
                          Steve
                          Haunted Mines - Colorado Springs
                          http://HauntedMines.org

Comment

I thought the show went pretty good. The floor was packed Friday and Saturday, and I really have no complaints. Although there were a few vendors I was expecting to see that didn't show I guess?

I enjoyed both tours as well. Aside from the fact our bus got back from Columbia at 4 in the morning, I had a good time.

I'm looking forward to seeing the show grow next year.
                            Jordan Renda
                            www.NightTerrorsHauntedHouse.com

Comment

The show was packed and had that atmosphere that it had years ago. The vendors I talked to were mixed about the results as three said it was great and the other two said it was ok. I am glad the show was well attended but I would still like them back together again. Just not in Chicago. They need to go somewhere warm dammit. Blizzards and snow suck.
                              Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

Working...
                              X