Columbia Haunt Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Columbia Haunt Tour

So for those of you who went on the bus tour- which one was your favorite? Yeah I rode the buses to- and yeah I was pretty tired at the end, but which one did you LIKE!? We did The Darkness both lights on and off, but I think Columbia was a shinning example of how good acting can make your haunt[s] memorable.
    FearFest
    43.75%
    The Necropolis
    31.25%
    The bus ride that almost killed us all...
    25.00%

The poll is expired.

Join The Collective

Don, not trying to crash your poll, but I'd like to add that I agree that the Columbia haunts were fantastic examples of what your actors can do for your haunt.

Unfortunately, I can't comment on The Darkness, because I didn't go.

I can say, though, that from even the limited number of haunts I've seen, those haunts that place emphasis on quality acting, rather than "propage" will have a much better chance at success. Props can take you only so far.

Way to go Columbia!!!!
    Sarah Meier
    Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
    "Words they remember you by"

Comment

Comparison

I also did not go to the Darkness, but the Columbia Haunt to was great. I felt that the bus was just al around great fun and a great chance to network with others and meet new people. And oh you know who you are "GO TO THE CHOPPER". Actors do make the difference. As for the ones from our group that did go to the Darkness they stated that they came out with kind of a dry feeling. Detail was good but very like interaction because of all the pneumatics.

Comment

I don't think there was a matter of which one was "better". They were two very different haunts, and there were things to learn from both of them. I found both very enjoyable. The comments are right on. I couldn't believe how hard the actors worked in both haunts, in spite of tough conditions (haunting the haunters).
        sigpic

There are three rules to designing a haunt. Unfortunately, nobody knows what they are.

Haunt: www.ScarecrowTheater.com

Comment

Originally posted by HauntedMemphis View Post
          I don't think there was a matter of which one was "better".
          Likkkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
          LIKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
          LIKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
          Join The Collective

Comment

It was a tough one, but I chose FearFest.

It's hard to explain why, but I liked it better.
            Brad Bowen
            Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
            www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Originally posted by Don_OfThe_Dead View Post
              Likkkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
              LIKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
              LIKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
              Don is asking which haunt you LIKED better, not necessarily which one was "better." One is subjective, the other objective, and there is no way to determine what makes one absolutely better than another.
              Sarah Meier

Comment

Originally posted by Haunting Copy View Post
                Don is asking which haunt you LIKED better, not necessarily which one was "better." One is subjective, the other objective, and there is no way to determine what makes one absolutely better than another.
                thank you for showing the patience to explain why I was careful in my phrasing choice to start. I just needed a nap.
                Join The Collective

Comment

Originally posted by Don_OfThe_Dead View Post
                  thank you for showing the patience to explain why I was careful in my phrasing choice to start. I just needed a nap.

LOL. One of my English professors said that (deep) reading was a lost art.
                  Sarah Meier

Comment

Fearfest by the narrowest of margins

I really liked 'em both, for different reasons, and because they were different styles: City haunt / country haunt. As a patron, if I had the time and money for both, I'd go to both; if I had to choose it would come down to whichever one I was closer to. The comments I heard from the rest of my group were similar, and similarly split as to which they preferred.

I also went to the Darkness both times (pre & post) and I enjoyed that one too, but for different reasons.

All in all I thought it was great to get to do THREE haunts, and that they were all very different styles.

Heck, now that I've typed this I think maybe I'd give the slight edge to Necropolis. I dunno... Hell, I'm just glad I didn't get killed on the bus! Get to the Choppa! (I think he's still passed out)
                    ----
                    Your Pain, My Thrill...
                    Steve
                    Haunted Mines - Colorado Springs
                    http://HauntedMines.org

Comment

Whats the bus deal? How did everyone say they almost got killed???
                      Damon
                      Damon Carson

Comment

Working...
                      X