Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Parking Problem?

Parking Problems

When looking for a location parking can be an issue.
    So here is my question.
    How big is the parking lot at your haunt?
    How many cars can you put in your parking lot at anyone given time?
    Gary
    Midnight Evil Productions
    www.MidnightEvil.com
    Owner/Operator of www.CoffinCreek.com/
    www.Twitter.com/CoffinCreek

You also should be asking :"Is bus parking available?"
    The Ravens Grin has parking lots on three sides, and we are a block from the downtown(more parking)
    October sees this place parked up pretty good which makes everyone happy since this is like a ghost town most of the time.
    Ghosts don't need an income but live business owners do!
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

In the past eight years, we've been at the mall, in an old hardware store, and most recently at our local Flea Market grounds. Parking has never been an issue. In most instances, if the lot was full, they'd park on a side street.
      www.mindseizure.com
      www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Parking is going to be a big issue for us this year, I'm afraid.

Comment

Empress,

Didn't you mean to say...parking is going to be a big issue for us this year, I hope :P

We are at an old warehouse in an industrial area, so there is a good amount of parking available on side streets, etc. However, on a big Saturday night, people are walking a good distance from their cars. If we have enough actors, we like to have a couple outside working the street traffic to make the situation less of an issue for the guests.
          Brett Hays, Director
          Fear Fair
          www.fearfair.com

Comment

Nightshade Manor is located in a warehouse in an industrial area in Mid-Town Memphis. I have a small parking lot but I am going to use it for the queue/concession area. There is parking in front of all of the other buildings on the street which will support about 90 cars at any given time. There is also parking available on the side streets.
            Kevin
            MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

Originally posted by bhays
              Empress,

Didn't you mean to say...parking is going to be a big issue for us this year, I hope :P

We are at an old warehouse in an industrial area, so there is a good amount of parking available on side streets, etc. However, on a big Saturday night, people are walking a good distance from their cars. If we have enough actors, we like to have a couple outside working the street traffic to make the situation less of an issue for the guests.
              LOL! Well, it's a double edged sword, bhays. Yes, we want LOTS of folks and have been working hard towards it. But, I don't want the law coming here stating we're causing traffic jams, etc and must close us down. The county will not issue us a temp permit unless we have a certain amount of parking spots available. Last year, two businesses about a block away donated several of their parking spots to us which enabled us to get the permit. Just like you, bhays, we had actors ready in the wings just in case we needed to park our customers there, but we never had enough overflow traffic to send them there. I am anticipating this year will be different and will have actors ready again.
              I'm feeling much better knowing that I'm not the only one that's making our customers get a bit of exercise, bhays! :wink:

Comment

parking lot

We get 200- 700 cars a night.
                You have to consider how many haunts you will have and the amount of time they will spend there. We have problems with parking and we have 25 acres of parking, the problem we have is 6 haunted attractions and 20 amusement rides and games. it takes a few hours just to get through the haunts but then the amusement rides are unlimited use all night so patrons hang around and occupy the car spaces.
                then last year it rained every week so we had mow down 5 more acres of corn to add more useful spaces.
                We also charge $1, we let a charity with 6 or more people do the parking, every penny goes to them but they have to come back the next day and pick up the trash.
                frightland.com

Comment

The only way I used to get people to pick their trash was to sling about $3.00 in change across the parking lot to "seed" it before anyone showed up.
                  Of course it also provided entertainment in the parking lot as some people should Never bend over like that in public and then add the extra possible thrill of someone's pants ripping out and ...."That's Entertainment!"
                  We really did this, it was alot of fun!
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

what about handicap spaces? how many are required?

Comment

The city has no handicapped parking located anywhere near my house because all the stores are much too far away from my house for someone to crutch their way up there.
                      Ironically,some of the handicapped parking spaces the city marked out were really in the wrong locations in my opinion.
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                      X